Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow timeline.

3 posters

Go down

Wow timeline. Empty Wow timeline.

Post by Bareans Silversmith Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:23 am

Good morning / good afternoon / good evening to all, so I had a talk with Maelmoor yesterday about the game timeline, We weren't sure about certain things so I have opened a ticket to ask a game master ( Don't ask why ), anyway..this is the answer from the game master, of course it is not something really official but I think it is better then nothing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway the links : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is indeed unofficial, but the game master said it is pretty accurate, I guess we shall follow it then Razz ?
Bareans Silversmith
Bareans Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Wow timeline. Empty Re: Wow timeline.

Post by siegmund Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:14 am

Ah yes the good old timeline question, been talked about before. Basically yes you got the unofficial wiki (Which is probably the fastest way to fied one via wiki), it's "ok" but in all technicality Blizzard did give out a more official timeline in the World of Warcraft: Ultimate Visual Guide book, but hey don't frent you got that on Wiki too:

It has it's issues and some things don't add up as nicely as players though within the unoffical one but it's just more "Official" take that as you will.

There is also the World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 but it doesn't have a timeline but moreso some chapters with X years after/before Y also it ends before mediev starts doing things. The next volumes of that book will continue the story though after him and so on.

So those two sources are more reliable if you want the newest and most official lore/timelines.

Last edited by siegmund on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Bareans Silversmith Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:19 am

Aye I know, but that is why I asked the game master...I sometimes wonder myself if blizzard aware of the issue here, because they don't show you an official one, and even when they did it got changed a bit...

As for the links, thanks, I will take a look as well.
Bareans Silversmith
Bareans Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:33 am

Blizzard never really did a timeline until that book, the unoffical was more from other sources and events. Main problem people pointed out was with the WC games and WoW expansions and how long those lasted.

People for the unoffical timeline for example took how long a explansion actually lasted while Blizzard went all willy nilly on it. I'm sure though once all the cronicles are out though those will be more direct to look at for timelines of recent years as well.

There is one event in chroniles called the Gnoll wars for example (which is pretty much a new thing introduced which is stated to be 75 years before the opening of the dark portal. So obviously they are trying to do a better job and flesh things out around major events. But until then welp this is what we have.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Bareans Silversmith Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:37 am

Well, thanks to your post I found that book, I wasn't even aware of that...so I ordered it today from amazon, probably will take a month or so, will have to wait and see, as someone said in your post, this is the new bible, the new religious XD
Bareans Silversmith
Bareans Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:16 pm

I do follow it personally.

Currently I believe we live on year 33 (since dark portal),
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bareans Silversmith Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Aye, seems to....quite weird how they made this whole time, but heh..its wow.
Bareans Silversmith
Bareans Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Well, Warcraft I starts the era of Warcraft games. It is sort-of an important turnpoint of history, when a magical gateway is opened and a war-like race charges forth from the transdimensional portal. To me it makes sense.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bareans Silversmith Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:09 pm

This book is the bible of Warcraft Razz
Bareans Silversmith
Bareans Silversmith

Back to top Go down