Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ON HOLD] Swords of Draenor - WoD Timeline draenei guild

3 posters

Go down

[ON HOLD] Swords of Draenor - WoD Timeline draenei guild Empty [ON HOLD] Swords of Draenor - WoD Timeline draenei guild

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:30 pm

“Our new home draenor, shan't meet the same fate Argus did. No longer shall we flee and forced on our knees over the whim of putrid entities and manipulated childs. It is now the time for our people to stand proud, and take hold on our blades, not for mindless bloodshed as this “horde” carve so much for, but for protect our race, our future, our refuge.”
- Exarch Zhuyan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OVERVIEW

Swords of Draenor (name prone to change) will be a draenei only guild of which members are natives of the alternate timeline that will be introduced in WoD. The main focus of the guild will be first of all, to experience the lore of the new expansion as a patch follow the other trough the POV of the draenei that are native of the past draenor. We will achieve this feeling trough building plots in the restored sites of the expansion (social events) while defending our land from the iron-horde and other dreadful foes(RPVP – military events). Our main activities will be building up plots for each members to develop a past for their characters, to feel how they were like during these years and how the coming of the iron horde changed them and split their development from their “main timeline” half. You are unsure what your draenei did or was like during the draenor years? This guild is a good chance for build that up. A draenei of yours died in the main timeline? Here in the past he still lives. We strive to harvest all the interesting possibilities this new universe introduced in WoD put in our grasp.

This guild will open it's IC activity only after WoD will be released, due us physically needing to RP in restored draenor.

Who we are IC

The guild is a militia founded by a back then living Zhuyan who has witnessed the coming of the iron-horde as a brutal force of destruction. In order to counter the threat, the exarch went to arms alongside the rest of her kind for protect the land and her dying race. Thus the militia will travel all over draenor to harass the aggressors as much as possible, aiding the draenei people in their war efforts, while also re-uniting them for social and cultural gatherings, as we are never to forget who we are and where we came from as the war threat to dull our minds. The militia will have a religious side, but with an open mind towards characters that are more in the grey area. The Naaru teaches us acceptance and forgiveness, especially among our kin. The placid draenei now joins the fight as announced by the upcoming expansion, offering us new lore and a place in the world of WARcraft.

What do we do

RPVP – Against the horde and the iron-horde. We especially look forward to interact with the Skyfury clan ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], they're awesome) for a 100% old draenor experience. But that doesn't mean we wont engage on any red one we find trough organised skirmishes for protect our planet!

Social events – for promote and experience the draenei culture. All over Draenor.

Military events – there will be dungeon mastered events against the enemies of the draenei people, which means you will not only fight the horde/iron-horde, but any other creature and faction blizzard will come up with the expansion release.

Where are we

The militia will be one of nomads, which means we will travel all over to aid our race in any way that fits with the current patch. With the current information at hand we are considering to start up in Talador (as the heart of draenor is connected to all other zones, making us easier to relocate in the appropriate zone, along with the possibility to experience the state of shattrath begin taken away by the iron-horde) but we may however relocate upon request for accommodate RPVP activity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANKS

our ranks will reflect the position of a character both IC and OOC, and we shall try to keep them as simple as possible for a smooth and immersive experience. As the expansion approach however, we may still change/remove ranks as we ponder on the purpose of each while we wait the expansion to come.

Exarch – The GM and the IC leader of the militia.

Merarch - Subordinate officer, Commander. Officer rank

Anchor – Spiritual guides of the militia who leads the religius side of it and offer psychological aid to those in need. Those are the members that wish not to shed blood, but still managed to earn such a trust and respect that their words even rules the protectors. They represent the exarch in her absence, as well as the Naaru's kindness.Junior officer.

Defender – Soldiers of the militia, such as vindicators; harbringers; arcanists and all of those who wish to offer their power and strenght to the cause of the militia. Their role is both to serve in the war efforts agaisnt those who are a threat to the draenei, and as an internal police for when the members of the militia themselves gets violent on each others.

Civilian – These are the non-fighter members of the militia who still wish to be part of the family and spread the Naaru will by following the militia in it's journey that serves as healers and keepers of their homes. They can either ascend to Anchor or decide to offer their aid as defenders.

RECRUITMENT

-We accept people of any level and experience, as another goal of ours is to increase the draenei player base trough introducing people to the lore and story.

-While it's possible to send an app on the forum, it wont be a requirement. We believe that a detailed IC interview allows us to understand your experience and if the character you are proposing fits us, but it's up to the individual to choose how he gets in.

-While blizzard have said that shamanism will be greatly expanded, nothing has been told about the draenei take on it. Hence we are assuming that our draenei, which lives on the past timeline, never practiced the art. But the draenei may still welcome those who practiced the art from the main timeline.

-Death knights will struggle to be accepted by the militia. Obviously on the restored draenor scourge never happened and Ner'zhul never became the lich king. If a death knight of the main timeline comes over, he may prove himself to still hold true it's identity deep inside, and the draenei will accept him as another, unfortunate brother.

OOC rules
It's the usual stuff, really

-Do NOT generate drama. Keep it in whispers or consult an officer for it to be handled if needed to. This can be a reason of demoting.

-Do NOT corpse camp the enemy players. Especially the levelers.

-Accept criticism and give it back without begin pointlessly aggressive.

-Keep IC and OOC separated. If a character hates yours doesn't mean the person behind it does.

-Please DO NOT ERP.

And last but not last...

Thank you for your reading and by all means comment and criticize us constructively! Our info and concepts are prone to change as lore is released/brought up.

FAQ

-Can a draenei of the main timeline join this guild?
It's possible, but it needs a strong IC reasons. Keep in mind your character will live in a time and space that is not his/hers.

-Can i have OOC non-draenei alts?
Up to three,and again, OOCly. We want the roster be as blue as possible.

-How many draenei alts can i have?
As much as you want! Both IC and OOC.

-Do you have a forum\website
We do but it's still in a very early stage of development.

-Can i send an application in there, already?
You can, but keep in mind that RP will only begin after WoD releases. Your application will, however, guarantee that you will be in from day one!

-If forum registering is not needed for get in why bother applying there in the first place?
It can be useful if you are not confident on your back-story and wish a talk with our community for know how it may work or not before jump in-character. More simply it's just another way to make yourself know, or if an officer was not online for the IC interview, it can be organized in your forum app.

-My draenei is not really the religious type, actually i am a shadow user! Am i out?
Not necessarily. Shadow has been part of draenei culture for a long time (see the auchenai, who i presume are still sane and “alive” in that timeline) and actually part of the philosophy of how a balance in the universe must be kept among shadow and light. Shadow users will be accepted if respectful of said facts and philosophy, and non-religious draenei in general will still find a place and be accepted. Still, beware that abusing such powers will get you in trouble real quick.

-I think this idea can be improved and i want to share my ideas with you lot. How do i do it?
Add me on skype (alfaseezer) and we can talk about it all you want! I will consider making a group about the concept if enough people shows interest. You can also contact me on the battletag Seezer#2364.

-Are you a military or a social/civilian guild?
You can say we are both. Most of our characters are compelled to actually react to what is going on their planet while still looking back and return the family once the fighting is over. There will be RP for both the vindicator and the anchorite type.

-Are we able to visit the main timeline trough the portal?
Yes! We will even visit present azeroth at one point, when the time is right.

-I am level 40 but still want to RP in this guild!
Worry not, if you own the expansion, we shall be able to hire a warlock to summon you in the zone. We will also bodyguard you against the mobs, but do level up!

Antiana kalo korah!

Last edited by Nihilia on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:35 pm; edited 26 times in total

Back to top Go down

[ON HOLD] Swords of Draenor - WoD Timeline draenei guild Empty Re: [ON HOLD] Swords of Draenor - WoD Timeline draenei guild

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

[ON HOLD] Swords of Draenor - WoD Timeline draenei guild Empty Re: [ON HOLD] Swords of Draenor - WoD Timeline draenei guild

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 pm

---Last Minute modifications!---

Updated the concept, made minor tweaks with more lore-friendly ranks and made the recruitment more accepting.

Cerik Ironforge wrote:Good luck!

thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joevahkin92 Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:47 am

Sounds a good guild maybe we can RP together sometime Good luck !

Joevahkin92

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Awesome, I was hoping someone would start up this initiative.

I intend to have the Band of the Brave move to Draenor full-time, as settlers of a new land of opportunity and resources a-plenty. I hope that we can work together to build a permanent, active role-playing community on the new continent of Draenor!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Awesome, I was hoping someone would start up this initiative.

I intend to have the Band of the Brave move to Draenor full-time, as settlers of a new land of opportunity and resources a-plenty. I hope that we can work together to build a permanent, active role-playing community on the new continent of Draenor!

It's somewhat more like the Swords will not take kindly to invaders in their homeland Razz
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:11 pm

Joevahkin92 wrote:Sounds a good guild maybe we can RP together sometime Good luck !

It would be a pleasure to collaborate for increase the draenei RP activity! Also an interesting thought to meet up with draenei of the main timeline!

erwtenpeller wrote:Awesome, I was hoping someone would start up this initiative.

I am sure we can and will have great adventures together! Looking foward for the first contact with dem "aliens"  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Sanara wrote:

It's somewhat more like the Swords will not take kindly to invaders in their homeland Razz
I have never seen any evidence in-game of Draenei with Xenophobic attitudes, and we won't know what the Draenor-Draenei attitudes towards the Alliance will be until we've seen more of the quests.

But I think it's safe to assume they are welcoming us with open arms, seeing as how Karabor, one of their most sacred temples, will be an alliance base.

I think we'll get along just fine.

Even if not - Conflict is role-play too.
Nihilia wrote:I am sure we can and will have great adventures together! Looking foward for the first contact with dem "aliens"  Razz
We'll sort out "first contact" and things alike when we're a little closer to the actual release.

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Joevahkin92 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:20 pm

[quote="Nihilia"]
Joevahkin92 wrote:Sounds a good guild maybe we can RP together sometime Good luck !

It would be a pleasure to collaborate for increase the draenei RP activity! Also an interesting thought to meet up with draenei of the main timeline!

[quote="erwtenpeller"]

Well I lead the Argus Pilgrimage we are a group of Draenei nomads who travel the world looking to learn more about the culture and People of Azeroth. So if we ever come to your timeline then we would love to RP with you and see Draenor in its old glory

Joevahkin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:25 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I have never seen any evidence in-game of Draenei with Xenophobic attitudes. I think we'll get along just fine.

Indeed our draenei will be very accepting of the outsiders especially since the alliance will help us out against the iron-horde! So I'm pretty sure our IC contacts will be very friendly. But as you said such is better to be planned later when the expansion is closer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:41 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I have never seen any evidence in-game of Draenei with Xenophobic attitudes, and we won't know what the Draenor-Draenei attitudes towards the Alliance will be until we've seen more of the quests.

But I think it's safe to assume they are welcoming us with open arms, seeing as how Karabor, one of their most sacred temples, will be an alliance base.

I haven't heard anything about Karabor being an "alliance base" anymore than, say, Paw'don Village is. Just because they fight alongside the Alliance doesn't mean they have to accept the Alliance trying to take their land.

erwtenpeller wrote:Even if not - Conflict is role-play too.

Absolutely, and personally I think that's the more interesting direction to take it. WoD-Draenei shouldn't be friends to the Alliance by default, relations between peoples are more complicated than that!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Due both real life commitments and personal reasons I wont be able to make the guild.

I apologize for the annoyance and i hope that those still interested in the idea will still be able to enjoy the content blizzard will release in the near future, perhaps with another guild/concept.

Best of luck to everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:02 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that, I was quite looking forward to having this guild around. If only I had the time to do something like this myself :/
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down