Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Open-RP - Throwing in a few ideas!

+2
Skarain
curzes
6 posters

Go down

[A] Open-RP - Throwing in a few ideas! Empty [A] Open-RP - Throwing in a few ideas!

Post by curzes Sun May 31, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm fairly new to rp. There aren't a lot of RPPVP-servers though, so I decided to go for Defias, as it looked like a fairly large realm. I'm having a hard time finding casual RP. If anyone could help me, it would be grand! I've also come up with some ideas to try and attract non-RPers to some events:

1. Market's day: You can sell your merchandise and expertise in shops instead of /trade, and you don't need to be a RP-er to come and buy stuff. If we have enough people showing up we could do some in-character auctioning

2. Pubgames: Pub quiz, dice-games and gambling. Was thinking of having pet-battles and pvp-fights where you can bet on the winner. You could also issue a prize to the winner. To work in a pub you could do with like two or three people, but you need the crowd as well. I think this could be an opportunity to have a more enjoyable rp experience, as well as introducing it to non-rpers.

3. Fresh adventurers: We could try and get as many people as possible to make a new character. Just having a load of people walking through the quest-line, speaking of all the adventures yet to come.

4. Succesful raid-celebrations/battleground: Does anyone have a level 3 tavern in their garrison and want some company? We could set up raid or BG events and set up celebrations afterwards at a tavern

As I said I am pretty new to RP, but hope that some of these ideas might be worth giving a shot. I would really like to see a higher number of RP-ers on this server!

curzes

Back to top Go down

[A] Open-RP - Throwing in a few ideas! Empty Re: [A] Open-RP - Throwing in a few ideas!

Post by Skarain Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:12 am

Hello Curazes and welcome to roleplaying and to the RP-PvP servers. Actually all the RP-PvP servers are one and the same. You will be able to see, trade, join guilds and interact with anyone from any of the RP-PvP servers. Only thing that really changes is a tag behind your name, such as mine is "Skarain-DefiasBrotherhood" to anyone who doesn't play on DB server.

Majority of the players on RP-PvP servers are in fact not roleplayers, which is somewhat a shame. People have left because of their real lives, and to check other servers in where they think that the grass is greener. Yet there are those who remain and seek to promote this realm, such as i do, because i simply love playing on the RP-PvP servers, with the added danger in the open world and the possibilities we have in terms of RP-PvP Campaigns (Roleplayed War Campaigns) in here. And yes, we also like the server/the community. It may not be the most largest out in the world, but it's enough to come by if you know where to look from.

I strongly recommend trying to find a Roleplaying guild for yourself. That will help you a lot when you are new into roleplaying, as guilds usually have events of their own to provide their members roleplaying in addition to the public events in the world.

You can also /join LFRP and ask in there about in where Roleplaying is happening. The Channel exist for that reason, to ask about Roleplaying.

As for your ideas.

1.) I already run an event of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on every second Friday, but having more market events would never hurt. I personally don't have time to start to host another, but perhaps you and Mallucis (who is roleplaying as an expert of trading of sorts) could get something going. The In-Character auctioning for sure sounds interesting. I think such was being done last time in a charity event, in where there was not only merchandise, but favors and services, for example someone (for charity) offering their person, their character as the highers bidders butler for a day.

2.) Have been run in the past. Are not being run currently. The Shady Lady and The Organisation are both roleplaying guilds around whose concepts go around running taverns. Perhaps they can get more Pub Games going.

As for Pet-battles, i personally do not participate in said activity, but if you make an event as very open, including advertisement in Trade channel, might be possible to get enough participants and then we roleplayers can stand besides and bet on the winner.

As for PvP fights, Dueling and 1v1 is not exactly Balanced... There are a few classes that outright dominate in said matches but it's a decent idea nontheless. Shouldn't be to hard to get going, especially en pair with RP-PvP Campaigns. It counts as sparring/practice.

There was also a time in where people did Fist Fighting tournaments in pubs. Considering that Dueling is not allowed within Stormwind walls for example, such tournaments are better off being played within the city walls than Dueling Tournaments.

3.) Most Roleplayers that i know do not actually roleplay through the leveling experience. While the early levels are still somewhat understandable, as we get into high levels, your character suddenly becomes Heroic-proportion important, well-known and all-in-all simply ridiculously powerful.

Not all Roleplayers wish to treat their character as the hero of the story, or if they do, they usually weave a background of their own from the rich Warcraft lore.

Still, the idea is not a bad one, considering that the 'heroism' stays still in reasonable levels through low levels. It might work, though a number of roleplayers are quite attached to their current roleplaying character and might not be to keen on to make new ones.

Though, how would i know. It's just my personal thoughts as a person who doesn't play to many alts... or at least tries not to.

4.) Generally i'd view Garrisons as an avoidable environment to roleplay in. The reason to this is that they are Instanced: Meaning that only those in the raid group will be able to join. It doesn't allow random passerby to hop by and ponder on what kind of celebration is going on.

I don't know if Raids or Battlegrounds have been celebrated ever, but any kind of celebration in a tavern sounds like a merry event with lots of alcohol, laughter, potentially cake and drunken brawls on the outside. Plenty of good taverns in Stormshield, Stormwind, Ironforge and all of the Alliance zones that could be used.

---

All the ideas are good ones and i imagine all of them would gather interest should they be organized. A question however is who would be up to organizing some of them? Personally i don't have time at the moment, and when i do, even i wouldn't have to create them all, so i do look hopeful on all answers that this thread might get, for they are all good ideas.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A] Open-RP - Throwing in a few ideas! Empty Re: [A] Open-RP - Throwing in a few ideas!

Post by curzes Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:48 am

Thank you for your reply, Skarain! I just recently switched over to alliance, so I'm mostly unaware of current events ongoing. I switched from Horde, and attended a few events there. I've got three weeks left of my term followed by summer break. I will be starting my 1st year of uni so need to find a place to settle and prepare myself for the coming year, but I will try to host some events. I have been contacting the leader of the Shady Lady, Charlieblaze. He seemed positive to my ideas. As for advertising, I will post the events on all forums involving DB, to invite pvp/pve-players, pet battlers and new rpers to join.

curzes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nare Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Combining rp with the actual gameplay is never a bad thing. Think I will try to use your idea number 3. for those garrison dailies, with luck we could provoke some wpvp, which is also nice.
Nare
Nare

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:10 am

There are a fair few community events as Skarain was saying. Disciples of Light tend to run the most, some occur on a weekly basis and others more monthly. Whats your in-game name/realm? I will ask them to invite you Smile
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet
Name: Carmtan Abendas Nightglade
Title: Physician

http://wardensofazeroth.wowlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by curzes Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:53 am

Olnam is my in-game name on Defias Brotherhood. I got my last two written exams tomorrow, and after that I think I'm gonna' start a draft on a gambling/raid-concept. I was thinking of having them played out once every weekend, switching between the two each week. I will need to get some help. If someone would be able to help me out with the hosting, that would be great. I'm gonna' have something ready during the weekend. I'm gonna' post them on all the official forums too. Having Pet Battle-tournaments could be an opportunity to invite people from no-rp realms, considering the pets are account bound.

I have seen the Disciples of Light events. I really like their concepts, with the community mass and school. I'm looking to create a different concept, a bit casual and less "organised". By that I mean a pub, where you only have that much . I've been talking a bit to charlieblaze (The Shady Lady admin) about my concepts, and will try to see if he would like to host something together with me (and whomever is interested).

Thank you for the replies and interests in my ideas Smile With the new Ashran zone we should try and get some pvp going as well

curzes

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:22 am

Ahem.... just to say that the mass and school are run by Holy Lightbringers, not Disciples of Light. You're confusing 2 Holy guilds into eachother. DoL is a more Military oriented than Holy Lightbringers, does plenty of WPvP and that. Of course both are very good guilds, but i just thought to clarify this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:33 am

Thats the one  cheers Thanks Skarain ^^
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by curzes Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Both have Light in their names Very Happy My point though remains. Pubs gives more of an opportunity for casual rp (no strings attached). When these guilds carry Light in their name, that obviously has a meaning for them. Some characters it is less natural to worship or fight for the light. Thanks for the clarification though ^^

curzes

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Anything you want to involve a pub I'm happy to help out with, can't promise I will be to the event 100% of the time but at least I'll try to. I will help arrange stuff aswell. Time to get this realm back on it's feet.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 pm

If there was an up vote button Very Happy
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:31 pm

There is one on the realm forums so you can like or bump some posts instead or something there. A mere sugestion.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:29 pm

So there is Smile Thank you
CarmtanNightglade
CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down