Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Eye of the Legion - Possible cultist guild?

+15
Jeanpierre
Thelos
siegmund
Mallucis
nope
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
Ara
CrusaderElly
Feral / Blackfall
Arabella Greene
Skarain
Officer High Morale
Chrystan
Níssa
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] Eye of the Legion - Possible cultist guild? Empty [A] Eye of the Legion - Possible cultist guild?

Post by Níssa Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:03 am

Hi everyone! My character Pyressa(Totally not some demon) may start a cultist role-play guild and I would like to know if anyone would be interested in it. Embarassed

The role-play will mostly include worshipping and working for the Burning Legion and Kil'jaeden, so looking for warlocks and dark magic users who may be able to summon demons for both use in our rituals and also to contact the burning legion with reports of what goes down.  Twisted Evil

It will also involve spying and information gathering. Rogue-like characters are welcome and will most likely be skulking around Stormwind and some other major alliance cities infiltrating meetings and such.

Thinking of making a cover for the cult so they are known in public as a organisation of magic users who have interest in finding magical artefacts and may try to take a "respected" place in society. The actual cult I'm thinking will be called "Eye of the Legion" but if I go with the cover the guild shall probably have a different name, something wizardy.

At the moment it's a fairly loose idea.. and I have never made a guild myself before so if anyone has any advice to give or other ideas for the guild please feel free to comment, negative comments are welcome I'd like proper feedback on it. ^_^
Níssa
Níssa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Eye of the Legion - Possible cultist guild? Empty Re: [A] Eye of the Legion - Possible cultist guild?

Post by Chrystan Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:39 am

I've been looking at starting a cult like guild with my Warlock, however I lack the time to lead it fully myself. Maybe a little IC meeting could be set up to discuss if we can be of any assistance to eachother...

And I have a few ideas for a front that can be used, all many types of reasons.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Eye of the Legion - Possible cultist guild? Empty Re: [A] Eye of the Legion - Possible cultist guild?

Post by Officer High Morale Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 am

Three things.

1. Don't make yourself OP just cause you're evil and ''should not die''.

2. Tell your members not to be OP.

3. Good luck.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:21 am

Without getting into a massive, done to death debate Officer..

I agree, however, Light based guilds need to follow the same rules, RP works best when both sides win and lose equally.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:38 am

Chrystan wrote:RP works best when both sides win and lose equally.
Agreed. Not getting further into debate about that though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dug up some links that may be of your interest. Unfortunately i do not have the time for an additional character, expect perhaps an event-based character that is brought into the play rarely. I will however do what i can to spread awareness of this thread among my friends that might be interested about Cultist roleplay. I am also up for a chat anytime ingame for discussion about Guilds and Guild Leadership, having led a military guild and a cult guild before (the later for 1 month before we got murdered Very Happy).

Oh also this for additional reading: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Níssa Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:27 am

Thank you for that Skarain! those links are also very helpful! I shall have a good read. Smile

I'd love to hear those ideas Chrystan, and yes we could have an IC meeting at some point. First I'd like to see how much interest this gets or I may end up just leaving it for another time perhaps.

I do agree with those points Officer thank you for the advice, my character has some OP aspects but that kinda comes with what she is.. she is killable. xD

I'll be sure to make things as fair as possible, but I don't want people magically knowing IC that it's a cult without proper evidence or suddenly becoming suspicious of someone who seems normal just because you can see the guild name when you mouse over them. Smile

Last edited by Níssa on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Níssa
Níssa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:16 am

Make it fresh a new! Very Happy
Too many cults that have started in recent years have literally been cookie-cutter replicas of each other.
Make it fresh, bring something new to the table and I wish you all the best.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 am

My characters are Chrystan, Kargathan and Carlene, when your online feel free to check for any of them and send me a whisper, I'll log onto Kargathan (My evil warlock) and bump into you.

Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:59 am

I love the idea of the sound of this, it's definitely a niche that is not currently filled. Would love to see such evil folks around Very Happy

If you haven't run a guild before, my advice is to get a few reliable officers to delegate to/help run things, make it sooo much easier ^^
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Would also like to point in the direction of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as a possibility, although they are cultists and cultists only, no demons.
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Be prepared for MASSIVE DRAMA on an OOC level from Righteous Light based guilds.
Other than that They seem to be doing OK
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:09 pm

I will repeat the message I tend to post in threads like these:
Be the protagonist of your own story, not the antagonist in the story about somebody else.

This is a lot more important when it comes to evil concepts.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:48 pm

agrees ^^ I'd also suggest involving only ppl that you trust OOCly to RP with you properly aand not go all White Knight on ya after OOCly promising to drag out the RP.

Uusal lifespan of Cult guild:
Cult starts
> Does a few in guild plots
> White Knight alt joins on the sly
>a few plots later people poke Light based guild to set up /infor about events / new cult
> White Knight Alt  ICly informs all the  other white knights about the guild.
> White Knights all turn up and OP the  Cult into non existance

So be cautious

[Edit] Above process 3-3.5 weeks.And that's if the guild doesn't go inactive from OOC whispers of tyranical Light based guild's OOC hate/trolling

Last edited by Ara on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Pyressa scares the shit out of Delidah.
This ought to be fun!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by nope Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Ara wrote:agrees ^^ I'd also suggest involving only ppl that you trust OOCly to RP with you properly aand not go all White Knight on ya after OOCly promising to drag out the RP.

Uusal lifespan of Cult guild:
Cult starts
>a few plots later people poke Light based guild to set up /infor about events / new cult

So be cautious

[Edit] Above process 3-3.5 weeks.And that's if the guild doesn't go inactive  from OOC whispers of tyranical  Light based guild's OOC hate/trolling

You can avoid this by asking questions if a bunch of paladins pop out of nowhere and/or decline their attack scene though. Don't have to go along with people steamrolling you. I mean there's ic consequences and then there's "yeah sorry but this would squash our guild Rp idea for now".

This link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] gets into more conventional-irl-sort of cults, if that helps you with ideas.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 pm

yOU are right ofc and best of luck.If I manage to lvl my cultist I'll pop by
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:21 am

Chrystan wrote: Light based guilds need to follow the same rules, RP works best when both sides win and lose equally.

Totaly agree. The Light is not magic; one does not cast spells, but prays (except some rally renown members of the community, but they're few).

Ara wrote:White Knights all turn up and OP the Cult into non existance

Ara, do you expect a cultist guild, that happens to play it's agenda openly in the human capital city full of guards, priests and paladin orders not to be turned back to Nether? This is actually one of the few areas when such OP can happen (holy ground, bla, bla). I've never seen a paladin playing smartass in the Black Temple, nor Shadowfang Keep, Naxrammas, Scholomance, Stratholme, to name a few. The only reason, why any cultist RP in the Mage Quarter is possible is because there is no mage oriented guild to oppose/fight/disturb such a guild, and neither guards nor paladins have any business to go there, except to look for a roleplay with a cultist guild. What is more, if cultists feel nonchalantly enough to travel around the very Cathedral Square with their full creepy fel gear, etc., then I feel no remorse to "exorcism" them. The Lich King himself was weak on the holy ground.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Níssa Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 am

Ara wrote:Uusal lifespan of Cult guild:
Cult starts

I will not be contacting light based guilds with events to fuel their ooc "lets go destroy a cult" thing and I would hope that people have the respect to leave that stuff for when IC evidence actually becomes available. Very Happy

I would like to make this guild different to the usual cultist guild where they are all just... stereotypically evil looking and thuggish as they walk around Stormwind spitting on people or whatever. So what I would like to make is a guild where they are seen as being "normal"(or awesome.. because why not) in public and acts more like a scary spy agency for the burning legion with some cult activity in a secretive location of course (Need to find a decent place for that).

Last edited by Níssa on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Níssa
Níssa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:09 am

Not having it in Stormwind may be a good idea even so in the long run, that doesn't stop anyone from infiltrating the city though of course.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:35 am

Your own character is a demon. It doesn't get more stereotypically evil then that.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:53 am

If you like it, just do it.

Fragrant Flowers does not discriminate. We will provide in all of your needs - floral and faustian alike!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Níssa Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:33 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Your own character is a demon. It doesn't get more stereotypically evil then that.

Yeah but I mean walking around in gear which looks dark and evil in public... in the place where cult stuff actually happens the evil looking cultist gear may be worn plentifully!. Very Happy

Also yes I think having the base location out of Stormwind is best, I still need to pick a suitable place so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate that. :3

Last edited by Níssa on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Níssa
Níssa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:00 pm

I think it's a nice idea. Good luck!
My recommendation would be to "start normal, become evil". The whole build up can be great RP, and "safe".
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:36 pm

Jeanpierre wrote:I think it's a nice idea. Good luck!
My recommendation would be to "start normal, become evil". The whole build up can be great RP, and "safe".

This, so much this.
I literally can't stand it when I see "new" cultist guilds walk around the city, yes the city in stereotypically evil looking gear and talk in riddles and curse people. (Snooze)

I wish you all the luck I have VERY high hopes that you're going to make something decent of it.
If you need people I have character that good fit in and needs a home. PM some more details, because I am interested.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm

You could also make use of Ironforge for your secret culty gatherings. Despite it being a lawful city, there are still plenty of dark crags, holes and chasms to hide at. We need to remember that the city once kept house for all 3 Dwarven Clans, of which the Dark Iron ruled the darkest parts. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next