Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some advice on Nelf Spriest RP

+11
Ixirar
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Ralegh
Thondalar Stormleaf
Zhakiri
nope
Odgan / Keag
siegmund
Izzifix
Howl
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Need some advice on Nelf Spriest RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some advice on Nelf Spriest RP

Post by siegmund Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm

I belive the arcane spells are only game mechanics wise if you're going into that already.

Edit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well some think so as well.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on Nelf Spriest RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some advice on Nelf Spriest RP

Post by Feral / Blackfall Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Yeah, Sieg, they don't cast the arcane, not like that. That's kind of the point of what I said. To be more specific, it starts with the moonwells:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It speaks about both the mana-infusing arcane qualities (moonwells can 'feed' arcanists and high elves with the mana/arcane within) and the healing and blessing qualities. The moonwells are closely tied to the Well of Eternity and the night elven race as a whole.

Druidic (and lore-wise, Priestess) spells are classed as Divine in lore sources, but they are not spells that come from nature itself (i.e. talking to the nature spirits), but rather from Elune herself. Given Elune's connection to the original Well, to moonwells, and to arcane, as well as the classification of the spells in-game as dual arcane+holy (classed in fact as Divine--though afaik all druid spells now are either nature, or arcane?), it's pretty clear what they are, imo: arcane magic granted by a greater power, rather than corruptive arcane channeled by a mage.

It may well come from the same source as the blue dragons' magic, also speculated to maybe be divine in nature (granted by the Titans).

How to apply this to the shadow priest concept, though, depends on what he wants to do with it thematically!

(Edit--to just explain something briefly, "divine" is not a -type- of magic, but rather lorewise refers to where it comes from. Divine arcane doesn't mean dual-school, game-mechanics Divine/Arcane spells, but rather, to arcane from a divine--i.e. faith-granted--source, a la voodoo magic, shamanism, etc.)
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2