Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Orc character, advice

+3
Saevir
Muzjhath
teirzul
7 posters

Go down

Basic Orc character, advice  Empty Basic Orc character, advice

Post by teirzul Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Ok in short came up with an Orc, but have run the problem of lack of lore that matches what other site’s have said. So below is what I would like. But can any one see a problem with of it can you say. The character isn’t yet made due to cant decide on her name fully. Thanks in advance. ( im sure there spelling errors in there)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Enoona Tracksight or Rera Bloodbow
Class: in character - tracker- out of character - hunter
Known animal companions: wolf, owl

Basic story.

Was brought through the dark portal as an infant. By the time she was five winters she was already firmly in a small alliance interment camp. Over half her clan dead. What remained were lethargic and given up living. Most of what survived were the younglings.

She grow up as a prisoner. One that was slightly better feed. But willing to share with the ill. She was treated better or less beaten. The change of fate was due to a bored noble man who came to visit. With lack of good sport let the hunting dogs lose on “those brutal savages” her trait came through a natural affiliation with animals. As time passed. She was allowed to help keep the mounts and tracking hound’s

Years later rumours and whisper’s of an Orc who had gained freedom and was bringing the clans together free from humans. The night came when the captors where attacked from free Orc’s and those they had taken. The battle didn’t last long a few Orc’s had fell in battle.

Instead of join the Orc’s freeing others from human chains. She left on her own path, with looted weapons. She went in search of the noble that had taken her blood kin recently, a debt she made him repay for the lose of those Orc’s he had took. She then made her way south. To rumours of a goblin port and to the area her race called home.

Personality - honourable, survivalist, vengfull, callous, Tenacious

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s the main part any one see a problem with it?
teirzul
teirzul

Back to top Go down

Basic Orc character, advice  Empty Re: Basic Orc character, advice

Post by Muzjhath Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 pm

My first question. For her second name, how did she come uppon it?
Since all orcs honourary names are either for a deed done, or for a famed weapon.

Secondly, with how the orcs were treated it is highly unlikely that she was given anything by humans, or help with much more than very basic labour that didn't take much work or though. (Say, pumping the bellows on a forge under supervision, digging a trench).
Also, that a lone untrained orc managed to take care of a noble that most likely had body guards of debious loyalty is somewhat unlikely, but not impossible.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by teirzul Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 am

to your first.

Tracksight, was planning if i took that one. was earned on her way towards bootbay. from the orcs in stranglethorn (grombor base, not sure on name) for being able to find the right track for prey quickly

Bloodbow. would have been earned while she escaped. using the bow as a weapon many as a pre-made nos, and make shift weapon.

To your second,
can see your point. but was going with that an animal handler wasn't a common thing or cheap so with the extra duties, the odd bit of extra food here and there, wouldnt have been out of place. Could have said the Warden/ idiot in charge / what ever they were called / officer. had a slightly diffrent veiw. to the normal. i.e a dead green skin didnt do any thing. alive one ment i dont have to work. and that a some what living orc was less likly to try and remove a supervisers arms if they were feed.

taking out the noble with guards of debious loyalty. was going more on the chance towards opionty. (chance to drag him over a small wall. to the chance to get a stray and lucky shot of and it hitting him. But more then likly an chance encounter while he was drunk and on the edge of his grounds. insulting his lackeys)then a full scale assult. imagine her to at lest think frist and try to get some understanding of the foe in question.

That ok? or is there a few more questions
teirzul
teirzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:00 pm

This should probably have been in the Orc subforum, but considering that only people in the Horde usergroup can see it (I think), I guess it ended up here for logical reasons.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by teirzul Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

i dont have access to the horde user group. so i placed where i thought most people could see it. but it should be in the orc subforum.

but decided on Rera bloodbow as the name
teirzul
teirzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Bloodbow seems like a fancy name! In the past, orcs earned their surnames from the efforts of going through an Om'Riggor, which was then basically their first kill. Basically you always got named relating to your skills or traits, like "Broadjaw, Feraleye, Stronghand" and so forth.

But in Azerothian times, I think any or could simply name themselves, or each other, on a note more of leisure. Like those your orc fought out together with could've just gone "With those skills, we ought to call you Bloodbow!".

Furthermore, I don't have that big of an issue with one human not beating her to death with a stick in an insta kind of way. I reckon that if she had a good hand with animals, and appreciated a few breadcrumbs (which they most likely did back then) she could've gotten to help along. Perhaps the human was amused, perhaps he thought she was interesting to some degree, and so forth.

All in all, I think it looks like a good foundation!
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:51 pm

http://www.wowwiki.com/Half-orc

Orcs and humans can indeed be friends. Razz
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Ever heard of rape?

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Krunch wrote:Ever heard of rape?

...Just had to lower the tone, didnt you...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by teirzul Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks both of you. For your insights and making me think abit.

And Nami.... thanks for that.
teirzul
teirzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down