Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Arts Defense Class.

+5
Officer High Morale
erwtenpeller
Lavian
Dyone
Littlepip
9 posters

Go down

Dark Arts Defense Class. Empty Dark Arts Defense Class.

Post by Littlepip Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:23 am

Greetings everyone!

Next week on Thursday the 3rd there will be an event in Kharazan tower, Ariel will be hosting her first class. We can have a maximum number of ten people and hopefully all of them will be a part of the guild from before. If to many shows up I will be moving the guild elsewhere so that even more can enjoy it. (The tower will only be used because of its structural interior, your not going there IC don't worry.)

Now for an important public announcement! Please download and install GHI as we will be using a GHI book, those who do not come with GHI will have to sit this one out. I am a very strict person on this, meet up with the requirements and you will have fun, don't meet up and you will be tossed out of the event without warning. This is because I wish to avoid confusion and want people to actually learn!

Sorry for the short notice. Whisper Arìel to get more information or try contact Eldiros for an invite to the event.

Last edited by Ariel on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : This event was moved forwards due to the lack of people.)
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Dark Arts Defense Class. Empty Re: Dark Arts Defense Class.

Post by Dyone Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:50 am

Uuhm..Ariel, just saying. You know you're colliding with the Forlorn Cartel Fight Night are you?

I wish you best of luck tonight thou Smile

Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:57 am

"Karazhan castle"

o_O
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:32 am

Ariel wrote:Those who do not come with GHI will have to sit this one out.
Cool.

Fight Night it is!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 am

Its for those with more interest in magic, I personally would like to join in on fight night but sadly Ariel has a rather weak body.. And she would probably petrify anyone who touched her with fear..
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:12 pm

I might appear there as a bodyguard for Eldiros, but who knows.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:37 pm

Updated to a date where something isn't actually happening! Very Happy
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:02 am

Cool, I'll try to make it!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Have a good shot to attend this..So im gonna do my best to attend ^^
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Bump! And a reminder to everyone.

Get [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There is even a link for you lazy people out there. Maybe you need a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to go with that?
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:02 am

Short notice, but I'd recommend that the tower you use not be Karazhan ICly, as the place is a haunted, cursed death trap, but other than that, good luck!

Not sure quite what's planned, but I also suggest you have quite a lot of things that "force" (read: highly encourage) involvement as otherwise people may just tend to stand around waiting for RP to be handed to them, leading to silence.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 am

(The tower will only be used because of its structural interior, your not going there IC don't worry.)

Please do read that sentence once more time.

Also, the class will be IC'ly held in Eldiros Tower which lies in Deadwind Pass. However because of the limitation on only five people we will instead use the mage tower in Stormwind inside the portal room.

Be ware as we will still be in Eldiros academic tower IC, if the mage tower is already occupied at that moment there are always several other places in which can be used. In this class we will not only be learning about wards, but also using them once for training, because its no fun learning a new spell when you can't use it! Very Happy

Now as for how the duels will proceed, it will be rather simple. Either we chose a simple emote system or we chose a new type of rolling system I want to test, this needs no addons so don't worry about that..
You still need GHI just in case I have not made that clear enough yet.. If you show up without that addon you will not be allowed to participate at all, you have had more then enough time to install it now so no excuses for simply being lazy! It takes two minutes of your life, maybe not even that to install the mod.

For anyone who wishes to join the event simply click the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] button, or the link I just gave you and poke me, either that or you can wait to the event starts. Please don't show up thirty minutes into the event as I will have to explain the entire rolling system over again. I'm going to run a strict run on this event compared to several other events I have created before, if things run smoothly enough I might come up with more classes on self defense against black magic.. If no one shows up to the event except two people the event will be canceled as I see no reason to hold a class with so few people.

Anyone can show up for the event as long as they know about arcane magic! You don't have to be a member of Ordo Arcana to learn about magic.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:36 am

Not gonna make it tonight. Just heard that i have to work from 2 till 10 tonight...bit of a shame was really looking forward to it. Anyways..wish you all a lot of fun tonight..and hopefully i can tag allong next time ^^
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:36 am

Ariel wrote:You still need GHI just in case I have not made that clear enough yet.. If you show up without that addon you will not be allowed to participate at all.
Tsk.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:03 am

Wait why don't you want to teach this class, if -only- two other people show up? what's the minimum requirement for this class to go ahead?

I understand that you probably have some sort of cool shenanigans planned with GHI, and I assume that's the reason you are forcing this requirement? But If the only use of the addon is a "book" maybe it is in your interest to next time find an alternative method, so that you can reach more people?

That said, I have a question: When say, anyone can show up if they know about arcane magic, do you mean that the people need to be able to wield arcane magic i.e. mages, or just understand what the hell arcane magic is?

Anyway, I won't show up, because I don't like addon-enforced events, but good luck eitherway!

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:20 am

No offense, but try not to bite heads of people who's trying to give you a tip. Makes you seem.. Kinda rude.
Good luck eitherway.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Amaryl wrote:Wait why don't you want to teach this class, if -only- two other people show up? what's the minimum requirement for this class to go ahead?

I understand that you probably have some sort of cool shenanigans planned with GHI, and I assume that's the reason you are forcing this requirement? But If the only use of the addon is a "book" maybe it is in your interest to next time find an alternative method, so that you can reach more people?

That said, I have a question: When say, anyone can show up if they know about arcane magic, do you mean that the people need to be able to wield arcane magic i.e. mages, or just understand what the hell arcane magic is?

Anyway, I won't show up, because I don't like addon-enforced events, but good luck eitherway!

The event had a minimum requirement of four people, including me that would mean three, that is because it would feel more like a class then. If two people show up that would be more like a meeting. When I create events they need to feel right.

Well they could always go farm in Dalaran in order to find the book OOC, but they would only be able to read it for a minute before it despawned. That or they could go through several web pages and find the information they seek.

They need to be able to wield Arcane, not just know about it. If you could meet up just with the knowledge on what Arcane is I would be inviting everyone in the world.

This class was made to teach people both OOC and IC about wards, if you don't want to show up because I force an addon on people that is okay, I am sure many feel just the same that this thread had been rather strict and maybe even rude at some times, that is because I take both events and Arcane magic rather seriously.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:54 am

I hope you guys had fun Ariel..and that i can come, the next time you plan something like this Smile

Greetings, Charkly Smile

And you guys are right..what's the trouble with downloading GHI anyway? It's a nifty addon who can do some great things..i dont know how to use it..and obtained items usual dissapaer..but the things i saw with it..are amazing Smile
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:27 am

Hope the class went well ^^

I have GHI personally, and use it activly, but I know its very buggy, takes up a shit ton of memory and slows down your game very easilly. And some addons makes it lock up your game. I haven't had a wipe in ages, but I backupcopy my WTF folder once a week just in case.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:26 am

I wish I could say it did..  scratch 

I somehow managed to sleep over 24 hours and slept over it with 30 minutes, once I showed up there was no one there. I guess most was busy in Elwyn Forest, in character drunk and hitting on wood.

Even after shouting it had been delayed to 21:00 No one showed up.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down