Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RP guild?

+19
Sohan
Dyone
Muzjhath
siegmund
Sanara
Ixirar
Amaryl
Charlie Blazesong
Helmut
Coppersocket
The Z
Khendran
Thondalar Stormleaf
Izzifix
Skarain
erwtenpeller
Eldiros
Thelos
Tnecniw
23 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New RP guild? - Page 4 Empty Re: New RP guild?

Post by Helmut Tue May 13, 2014 8:54 am

Well, as you look for advise and surggestions then maybe you want like, input on how to run evil guilds as its kind of hard to sustain them and make them likable on an OOC level.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 am

Indeed... The one I can think of that has managed pretty Well that can be concidered "evil" (depends on how you look on it) is the Forlorn cartel. And to be clear, the cult isn't meant to be evil. More just have a diffrent view on life valuables (kind of the style of that the weak is only worth feeding the strong)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 13, 2014 9:02 am

Tnecniw wrote:(kind of the style of that the weak is only worth feeding the strong)
Which is generally the mentality of evil people.

So, evil. Don't shun the label. Embrace it. It's good to be evil! Bad boys have the most fun, right? What a Face
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 9:07 am

You are probably right... So do anyone have tips on keeping a evil guild floating?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 am

[quote="erwtenpeller"]
Tnecniw wrote:(kind of the style of that the weak is only worth feeding the strong)

This is also the explenation of capitalism.

Anyway, its usually harder to keep an evil guild going than a "good" guild, specially if the evil guild seeks like, world domination or atleast power. You will have to set up a lot of events for your people and once you are "known" you cant walk on the streets of Stormwind like a normal person again.

Something else to concider is not to RP your guild too powerful. If done so then many guilds will grow tired of you to the point where they simply ignore you. In the world of Azaroth, and for the lore to continue forward, the evil must eventually be conquered, so expect to lose some battles to the "good guys".
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 9:27 am

Depends don't it? If you manage to have a second "you" and keep yourself secret (as good as possible). Wouldn't that make it possible to walk the streets?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue May 13, 2014 9:27 am

Ofcourse.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 9:42 am

Helmut wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:

This is also the explenation of capitalism.

Anyway, its usually harder to keep an evil guild going than a "good" guild, specially if the evil guild seeks like, world domination or atleast power. You will have to set up a lot of events for your people and once you are "known" you cant walk on the streets of Stormwind like a normal person again.

Something else to concider is not to RP your guild too powerful. If done so then many guilds will grow tired of you to the point where they simply ignore you. In the world of Azaroth, and for the lore to continue forward, the evil must eventually be conquered, so expect to lose some battles to the "good guys".
But without a constant threat the world would be boring. Wouldn't it?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 am

Yes, but you cant enslave the entire world, you can accomplish that because we play in a world that evolves and follow a more major plotline.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 am

Of course... I just meant that you don't HAVE to be defeated, a major force can be present as good as forever.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue May 13, 2014 11:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In a nutshell: Wear a mask while doing evil things, and look like an ordinary citizen while in Stormwind. Have two separate item sets, or suffer the downside of having a "known" feared appearance that is not a disguise.

Also, don't be disheartened by Helmut's "Good guys must win". It sounds so hard and blunt, no offense. It's more of..... if you are trying to "oppose" the entirety of Stormwind and every Alliance race and openly make you an enemy of them is like "Ukraine launching a full scale invasion against Russia" (A small country vs. a massive country = It won't end well).

Be subtle, be smart, and don't openly go into war. Keep under the radar and do your evil deeds without announcing your presence. Obviously there will be rumors and word that will start to circulate when people start to disappear, or if there happens something "bad" somewhere, and someone might head out to investigate - that is fine, and is good roleplaying. However if you raise a huge banner that "We are here. Come, Alliance pigs", the grave awaits. It's recommended to change base of operations when the Alliance take true notice of you.

As for how to keep a guild active..... as people have said, roleplay. Find a few like-minded you like to roleplay with and build it from that. Interacting with the Trolls of Second Gurunbashi Empire is also a decent idea. You worship spiders. What spider god there are in Warcraft universe? Loa, (namely [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Now what are the gods of the trolls? Loa. Yep. You have enough in common to (possibly) not murder eat eachother.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Still a problem to find people.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Tnecniw wrote:Still a problem to find people.

That's a problem for everyone. Usually for starting a guild it's good to have friends, someone you already RPed with lots that shares your desire to make a guild or people or so. That's really a good thing to do among other things people mentioned.

The problem is sometimes as well someone might want to be part of it but is already in another guild so perhaps think something in that direction as well or start off with some event or events that invite spider loving fanatics or somesort and then you mght get lucky but keeping to having the ability to be a part of something while spread in other guilds is nice.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 pm

I meant to sign up for the guild charter... mainly. but that will be good when I get it started

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue May 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Step 1: go to elwynn forest/goldshire/northshire.

Step 2: /1 paying 10 gold for signatures to start a guild.

Step 3: You're a guildmaster.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 5:06 pm

*sighes*sounds a little desperate... But then... I guess I can begin advertising with "will start to RP when we get enough RP'ers" or something...

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Either you start RPing your cult. Finding members along the way without a guild.
Or you recruit 9 randoms to sign, kick them out, and do the above after.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Ehm, three randoms... You only need four now and I have already found a RP'er that liked the idea and signed.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue May 13, 2014 6:26 pm

If I'm honest, if you can't get a charter signed, are you sure you're the right person to lead a guild?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 6:30 pm

*shrugs* I kind of just preferred to have a good opening with people who already is kinda good at RP...
which can be hard to get cause most of them already are in guilds.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 6:57 pm

is that really something to recommend? to go to a starting zone and pick up signatures so that you can start a guild then advertise with "coming RP" or something?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Tue May 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Here's how i did it.

I created the guild.
I went to Ironforge and Stormwind
And i went recruiting for GREASES. Gnome only guild... I started RPing with the new members from day 1. Not even events..no, just normal RP. In the pig...In Tinker Town.. Everywhere.

When i had like..10 members...and members that show up frequently.. i started the events..Sometimes with guild only, sometimes with other guilds and sometimes with everyone who wants to come (see my other posts on the forum for that..i sometimes trow in server wide RP events)..

But yeah..even thou it was a bit hard in the start...Im atracting more members every day..Weekly events are now a normal thing..and we are already level 6...

So yeah..every start is hard..every new RP member needs to learn.. But just trust in yourself.. Do your best..and make the best out of it..

And if it doesnt work out..You're not the first new RP guild concept that died a early dead.. Nothing to be ashamed of.. As long as you learn from it Smile
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Tue May 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Still... a little hard to find RP'ers for the charter. I would prefer to get RPers directly and not some random player who I pay for joining. (even though I guess that way makes it easier to start the guild)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed May 14, 2014 7:47 am

*shakes head* I am actually close on getting just random low level players so that I can start the guild... Then start to recruit fully. (since nobody seems interested in signing a guild charter, probably are they not that interested in having the work with a TOTALLY new guild)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 am

Or maybe... -- JUST maybe....

They don't like your idea, don't think it's well thought through or don't think you make a very good impression as a guild master. Those are also possible.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next