Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RP guild?

+19
Sohan
Dyone
Muzjhath
siegmund
Sanara
Ixirar
Amaryl
Charlie Blazesong
Helmut
Coppersocket
The Z
Khendran
Thondalar Stormleaf
Izzifix
Skarain
erwtenpeller
Eldiros
Thelos
Tnecniw
23 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New RP guild? - Page 5 Empty Re: New RP guild?

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed May 14, 2014 8:18 am

I'd really help out but I'm always on my mage these days and I really enjoy BotB with no plans to leave. Making an entirely new character would be a bit redundant on my part since I'm most likely not going to rp it a whole lot. I mean if you look at my alts I don't really play them anymore. Stig is gathering dust and I am pretty sure he will sneeze soon, and the rest I never really played anyway.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed May 14, 2014 9:26 am

Maybe I have overlooked some posts and missed this, but..

What is the main purpose of this guild? A new religion revolving around spiders?
And what evil deeds will you spider cultists do on a daily basis?

To me it feels like you just came up with the idea of a spider cult without giving much of a thought to what its purpose would be and then expect people to just drop their other RP characters to join this guild?

As others have said before in this thread, either you get the charter signed by looking IC for likeminded people that want to join this cult or you pay lowlevels to sign it. But what you do not understand is that finding people IC will take time, most likely weeks or perhaps months since you have to be all shady about it to not attract the attention of the lighties or guards.
You gave up searching for people IC after what, 2 days?

I'm sorry to tell this, but with that lack of motivation I would not even consider joining this guild.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed May 14, 2014 10:10 am

Helrog wrote:Maybe I have overlooked some posts and missed this, but..

What is the main purpose of this guild? A new religion revolving around spiders?
And what evil deeds will you spider cultists do on a daily basis?

To me it feels like you just came up with the idea of a spider cult without giving much of a thought to what its purpose would be and then expect people to just drop their other RP characters to join this guild?

As others have said before in this thread, either you get the charter signed by looking IC for likeminded people that want to join this cult or you pay lowlevels to sign it. But what you do not understand is that finding people IC will take time, most likely weeks or perhaps months since you have to be all shady about it to not attract the attention of the lighties or guards.
You gave up searching for people IC after what, 2 days?

I'm sorry to tell this, but with that lack of motivation I would not even consider joining this guild.
I know... I know... I haven't given up. But the idea of inviting randoms to get the charter filled feels slightly inviting.
And well, the ground basis would probably be to live around a: Predator and prey scenario. which means the weak are only made to be used while the strong are worthy allies or enemies.
At the same time it is a religious RP guild, which means preachings, sacrifices, rituals and trying to get rid of what ever thinks differently. Does that make enough sense? if you mean OOCly it would be a social RP guild, that will help with transmog raiding and such.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Wed May 14, 2014 10:31 am

Something you will probably find very helpful is to set some concrete action-based goals to work towards in character. It's not enough to have a religion or mindset- what does the organisation want to achieve, in very simple terms. Think short-term, middle-term, and long term, keeping it ENTIRELY ic. The ooc aims will follow (ie, active, stable guild).

So (these are just examples based upon your posts so far) you might say:

Short term
Attract a core of five faithful devotees (Links to: Establishing a guild ooc)
Establish the initial central tenants of your faith
Hold your first meeting

Medium term
Hold your first ritual/mass
Find a 'base' and establish it
Codify/write the tenants of your cult's faith to begin your cult's 'scripture' or holy texts
Get your Trusted Inner Circle to send out feelers for promising new members

Long term
This is the most tricky to define. It's fine to have long term aims that you, oocly, know you will never achieve, it's the fact of having an ultimate aim that will give your group overall purpose however. So depending on your aims it could go:

Establish political influence by positioning cult members in high levels of political/societal/military influence.
OR
Become an avatar of the Spider in some manner
OR
Convert all of the Eastern Kingdoms to the Glory of The Spider and make it the official religion of the alliance

These are vague/over the top examples because the super long term aims should be impossible but something to aim for.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed May 14, 2014 10:36 am

Kittrina wrote:Something you will probably find very helpful is to set some concrete action-based goals to work towards in character. It's not enough to have a religion or mindset- what does the organisation want to achieve, in very simple terms. Think short-term, middle-term, and long term, keeping it ENTIRELY ic. The ooc aims will follow (ie, active, stable guild).

Short term
Hold your first meeting

Medium term
Codify/write the tenants of your cult's faith to begin your cult's 'scripture' or holy texts

Long term
This is the most tricky to define. It's fine to have long term aims that you, oocly, know you will never achieve, it's the fact of having an ultimate aim that will give your group overall purpose however. So depending on your aims it could go:

Establish political influence by positioning cult members in high levels of political/societal/military influence.
OR
OR
Convert all of the Eastern Kingdoms to the Glory of The Spider and make it the official religion of the alliance

These are vague/over the top examples because the super long term aims should be impossible but something to aim for.
OKAY... you are my hero. I was actually having problems figuring most of that out myself. The guilds long term goal would be Convert all of Eastern kingdoms while my chars own goal would be the Avatar (even though she don't say that to anyone) the other ones are exactly though what I wanted... thanks  Very Happy 

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Wed May 14, 2014 11:19 am

Kittrina wrote:Something you will probably find very helpful is to set some concrete action-based goals to work towards in character. It's not enough to have a religion or mindset- what does the organisation want to achieve, in very simple terms. Think short-term, middle-term, and long term, keeping it ENTIRELY ic. The ooc aims will follow (ie, active, stable guild).

Short term
Hold your first meeting

Medium term

Long term

OR
OR

I'm making a guild based on OOCly waiting for you to return so you can make a guild and my guild can join it. COME BACK PLS

But in all seriousness, This^
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Brigs Morgan wrote:I'm making a guild based on OOCly waiting for you to return so you can make a guild and my guild can join it. COME BACK PLS

+1
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed May 14, 2014 3:01 pm

I have thought... wouldn't it be possible to get members OOC... then (when the guild has started) make an event where they join it IC?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed May 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Yes

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Wed May 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Okay that was a stupid question of me... Of course I can do that.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Wed May 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Tnecniw wrote:Okay that was a stupid question of me... Of course I can do that.

You can do anything you want.
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu May 15, 2014 12:10 am

Dyone wrote:
Tnecniw wrote:Okay that was a stupid question of me... Of course I can do that.

You can do anything you want.

Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 am

Short term
Hold your first meeting

Medium term

Long term

OR
OR

I just want to make sure I get this right (English isn't my first language so some more not often used words aren't really that known to me) Tenants kind of mean Religious guidelines, yes?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Thu May 15, 2014 5:35 am

I typo'd and it should've been tenets not tenants! But yes.
That list was just as an example though based on what you've said I'm not suggesting to follow it 100%.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu May 15, 2014 6:57 am

I understand, but that is a GREAT guideline anyway xD

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu May 15, 2014 11:31 am

*shrugs* after asking some players I know how they created their guild I choose to use the... sign up random people kick them when the guild is made, recruit RPers
It is easier to get people to join a guild then to sign a charter

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu May 15, 2014 12:04 pm

it is easier to recruit people when there's a guildtag above your head.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Thu May 15, 2014 12:19 pm

I have made up some tenets that could work... what do you think?
-Show no mercy, cause the predator might become the prey
-Don't fear death, cause without it we can't feed our young
-Never let a prey out of sight, since all needs its flesh.
(these are just some new ones and I might create more but what do you think, and BTW the guild is created now xD)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 am

So nobody has a comment on that?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri May 16, 2014 7:21 am

It's really up to you you can't expect the forum to have to guide you the whole way. But as a tip least you might want to give some backbone to them add an example or added sentence to explain it when mentioning them to people, since a bit of a metaphor is added at the end of each.

The last one i believe more correctly would be "Never let your prey get out of sight.." and the second part i got no idea what it wants to say but sounds a bit weird too!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Fri May 16, 2014 7:25 am

I know... but I love to know what people think. and I know they are not really straight foward but they are meant to be that xD

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri May 16, 2014 10:34 am

My last piece of advice before abandoning this thread:
- Numbers aren't important for an RP guild. Having fun with the ones you have is.
- While this cult is important to your character, and vice-versa, remember to give your members the space to function as characters and cult members within it, not just as background fillers for your draenei.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Fri May 16, 2014 10:39 am

Of course, I am aware of that, ( but three members is SLIGHTLY too little. Five I think is a good enough number though) and of course, I am not a dictator . I am not one to tell people to do stuff (even though I have nothing against making rough sketches of what could be a good event but then I say it just is a basic ground idea meant to be twitsted and changed and built upon.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri May 16, 2014 11:54 am

Dwyburn wrote:- Numbers aren't important for an RP guild. Having fun with the ones you have is.
This. I mean, the lack of members with our guild did end up affecting our activity before we went on a hiatus, but we strolled around for over two years or so with just about 2-4 core members being there always and pretty much being the only ones for the last year or so. Still, we had plenty of fun when we got something IC going and that was enough for us most of the time.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Sun May 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Should I create a recruitment post on this forum?

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next