Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Interest check for a steampunk-themed guild and ideas?

+11
Cid
Skarain
Izzifix
Littlepip
Allonia_Miral
Ixirar
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Helmut
Demurral
Rin-Lin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[H] Interest check for a steampunk-themed guild and ideas? Empty [H] Interest check for a steampunk-themed guild and ideas?

Post by Rin-Lin Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Steampunk.
It's something I love, very much, in all aspects.
Now, I know that most people would probably see it as more of a Goblin / Gnome thing, but I think that all kinds of races would have some interest in it... Well, maybe some inviduals atleast.

Aaaanyway!
Just checking to see if anyone would be interested to RP and establish such a guild. And, yes, I know, there's The Flying Bolts, but they're more profit-driven.

So, any ideas? Smile
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://gou-kun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[H] Interest check for a steampunk-themed guild and ideas? Empty Re: [H] Interest check for a steampunk-themed guild and ideas?

Post by Demurral Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:24 pm

So... a Goblin guild?
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

[H] Interest check for a steampunk-themed guild and ideas? Empty Re: [H] Interest check for a steampunk-themed guild and ideas?

Post by Helmut Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 pm

I just vizualize this...
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:25 am

Domovoi wrote:So... a Goblin guild?

-sigh- Not only.
As I said in the first post, it would be for all races.

Helmut wrote:I just vizualize this...

Right.
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:01 am

The Band of the Brave, Wild Tempest and the Flying Bolts are all pretty close already to being a "steampunk guild". The problem with a themed guild is that a theme is not a goal. You goals to role-play a broader guild story.

The Band of the Brave is a collective of adventurers. Their goals vary from week to week, but adventurers are prone to being pioneers in all sorts of fields, be it magic, engineering, cooking. Because engineering fits the guild organically, there are quite a fair bit of engineers. There are times when mechanical mounts outnumber others.

Wild Tempest is the military. They've got access to all sorts of bad-ass equipment, from tanks to flying boats. And let's not forget the guns! It is natural for a Military Guild to attract engineers.

Flying Bolts is primarily goblins. And heck, it's got bolts in the name. That guild is all about engineering and that steampunk atmosphere the tiny people do so well, but it is not their goal.

Because being badass and "steampunk" isn't a goal. You can't sustain a guild on that.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:09 pm

one the scale of threads made regarding the; "I have this great idea for a guild, anyone here wants to join/help me/make it" formula, this one is a severe pile of mucus.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:51 pm

...Fine.
Fuck it then.
Just forget it.¨
Not gonna make it.
So bloody sorry for trying to bring people with a common interest together.

...And you lot didn't have to be so frikkin' rude about it either. You appear like a bunch of elitist ass-hats.
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:17 pm

If -this- level of critique was enough to make you drop your project in a temper tantrum, I think you're probably better off not being a guild master.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:If -this- level of critique was enough to make you drop your project in a temper tantrum, I think you're probably better off not being a guild master.

Or being part of any kind of community.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Yeah geez how dares Rin set foot here, let's all freeze her out man.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Be nice.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Indeed, or do you need to feel the water flask again Allonia?

*Gets the water flask and start spraying water at Worgen Allonia*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:05 pm

... That was sarcasm, just in case other people missed it too.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Didn't miss it, I know you to well to miss such an obvious one.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 pm

How do you do "Steampunk" anyway?

I'm totally blank.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:01 pm

To my knowledge, Steampunk things are... like flying ships working on steam? Most mechanical in WoW universe is Steam Punk things. All Engineering devices that involve steam.

...i think?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 pm

I think this might be what you mean, Inran?
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:If -this- level of critique was enough to make you drop your project in a temper tantrum, I think you're probably better off not being a guild master.

Critique? Really?
I just got sawed, and basically undermined.

I can handle critigue, if it's said in a NICER manner, than just kinda: Lol, ermaahgerd, steampunkz? u goblin? if u no goblin, u no steampunkerz.

Cirenah wrote:

Or being part of any kind of community.

That was just plain rude, and uncalled for.
But, I am assuming that you were referring to yourself.
FYI: I co-run a guild, and I am a fair and just co-leader.
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Rin-Lin wrote:Critique? Really?
I just got sawed, and basically undermined.
No you weren't, and stop trying to put big words on it. You might feel that you were, but fuck. If your level of dedication really is that floaty, you're probably best of not doing so. Not for your sake, as much as for others.

A "Steampunk" guild is just engineering in general in WoW, and as said by Ewrt, it's not necessarily a good base for a guild.
See the guns in Ulduar, the steam tanks, and other such stuff that is related to Engineering for good examples of this.

Why? It lacks any clear direction, and becomes stale very quickly. You're better off just making a small offshoot of members from different guilds who may have interest in something similar, given that you feel you can play the illusion game enough to create stuff that you can't visually see.

TLDR:
Don't be a whiny bitch. Don't make a guild. Make a small social group with similar interests without binding it to a guild. "Steampunk", is already a well established thing in game- as basically all Engineering is influenced by it, if not directly using steam.
Rin-Lin wrote:FYI: I co-run a guild, and I am a fair and just co-leader.
Says you, yes. Anyone can claim that, really. Do mind, I'm not claiming the opposite- but saying you're a fair and just Co-leader could equally just be you not knowing yourself. /shrug
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:39 pm

You had a bit of a overreaction considering it'd only been pretty mild negative reactions. And tbh this is Defias negativity is like death and taxes, happens to us all now and then.

But if it upsets you so much and touches nerves like it seems to have it's probably best left alone, not because of anything to do with the idea but because whatever your idea, you will run into people who dislike it and are vocal about that.

And if you can't counter-argue or explain what you think's fantastic about your idea without getting angry or upset, running a guild is going to be an emotionally draining and horrible experience for you.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Well. This thread turned sour quick. Sad
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Yes I'm an asshole, in this regard, but let me explain why.

Rin-Lin wrote:Steampunk.
It's something I love, very much, in all aspects.
Now, I know that most people would probably see it as more of a Goblin / Gnome thing, but I think that all kinds of races would have some interest in it... Well, maybe some inviduals atleast.

Aaaanyway!
Just checking to see if anyone would be interested to RP and establish such a guild. And, yes, I know, there's The Flying Bolts, but they're more profit-driven.

So, any ideas? Smile

Okey, you love steampunk.

you want a guild that's not just a goblin/gnome guild.
and you want a guild that's not profit-driven.

that's the complete and total extent of your guild idea that you communicated.

Next to that you say, you're checking if anyone is interested to establish such a guild, or in other words, you're not pronouncing that you are going to be establishing your own guild idea, and trying to make it work. You're looking for Others to do it for you.

Your entire post could be summed up to this:

"I like steampunk? someone want to make steampunk for me? but not the already existing steampunk, a new and different steampunk."

Or to sum it up even more:

"             "

Yes there's nothing between those quotes, that's the point.

If you had put even an ounce of creativity in your own post, instead of just looking for it from other people, then maybe, your thread would be worth a positive or constructive reply.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:56 pm

On the bright side. Now Rin can claim having been sawed.
If in a fair and constructive way.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin-Lin Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:24 am

Why do you have to mock and troll me so much?
Cause I make an "easy" target?
Mind you, I am also a person behind the screen, with feelings and thoughts.

And no, I didn't mean to let others do it for me - I guess I expressed myself wrongly.

To get bombarded with a flow of negative shit can put anyone off, really. So, no - I'm not overreacting.
Alas, as said, I should perhaps have expressed muaelf differently.

Besides, even if I did work on the first post, and made it real appealing, I... Well, the interest doesn't seem that big.

As for the guild leader thing, you can ask anyone in there. It's not MY opinion - it is theirs.
Rin-Lin
Rin-Lin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:55 am

Yes, constructive criticism is clearly trolling.

Perhaps it's time you stop living in a fairytale, princess.

People were, including myself- quite fair on you. People did give their reasons to why they found it a bad idea. Your reactions in response, is overly childish.
Equally, it doesn't matter if it's "their" words, it was you who claimed it. "They", can literally be anyone- it can equally be nobody. They too, could also simply be driven by favoritism.
The fact that you can't cope with simple negativity, is clearly questionable.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next