Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential new guild

+3
Helmut
Salradir Dawnseeker
Kynwood
7 posters

Go down

Potential new guild Empty Potential new guild

Post by Kynwood Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Good evening!

I've had the idea bouncing around in my head for a while now of a Bard/Writers style guild. I play Alliance and have noticed a lack of this amongst all the military RP guilds.

Is this an idea anyone would be interested in? Does anyone know of an Alliance guild doing a similar thing? Let me know  cheers
Kynwood
Kynwood

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

https://www.youtube.com/user/kieron858/videos

Back to top Go down

Potential new guild Empty Re: Potential new guild

Post by Salradir Dawnseeker Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 am

Sounds like a good idea Very Happy
Salradir Dawnseeker
Salradir Dawnseeker

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 am

Sounds fun, look around and see if people are interested. But if people arn't interested in a guild then maybe just make it a non guild organization (maybe by the use of GryohonHeart Guild Groups). I know that there are many interested in barding/writing in the community, but some might not want to leave their guilds just for that. But if you want to start and host the "bards/writers club", then I think that you'll get some people on it Smile
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:42 am

No guild that i know of is doing a similar thing. The idea is good, but do not expect for massive numbers. A Bard/Writers style guild requires a bit more work and thought behind your roleplaying than many other concept. I speak with personal experience, having roleplayed a Bard before. Creative writing to conjure up songs, poems and plays is often more challenging than roleplaying a soldier swinging a sword.

Another thing to consider is that (most of) the member of such a guild need to be able to self-provide and create roleplaying themselves. Bards are a much more independent than your regular soldier. I can imagine banding together for a concert, some creative IC brainstorming or to perform a play but outside those a Bard is likely to be found wandering around. Of course, 2 or more Bards/writers can always band together, but there is much less structure and organized action than in Military guilds.

I myself have interest in such a guild. However, "Guild Perks". The current structure of guilds tramples on small guilds and promote large ones. The benefits of a lvl 25 guild are simply to good to be ignored, which may give you a slow start. I myself need to finish my Honor Point & Profession grind before i can consider joining any such.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 am

The Band of the Brave had a special rank for Bard characters. It disappeared as the guild grew, but the amount of Bards did not. We will still welcome Bards with open arms, though, and perhaps if we get more then one, the Bard rank will be revived. Wink
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:01 pm

I know of Bard rp'ers (who are brilliant fun to have around, Lomonde is a gem Wink), but no Bard themed guild, so would be an interesting project as long as you didn't mind a small guild?

Any idea of the things/activities you would like to see members getting up to?
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:03 pm

Whatever happened to the Folleywood Players, anyway?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:37 pm

It's an interesting concept, but I do not believe that it is enough to fully support a healthy guild on its own.
To start off there are few bards and the like in the community. That fact, as well as the one that most are likely already in a guild, gives you a small pool to recruit from, and sustain your memberbase. Most probably want more than just that as well.
Focusing only on one thing only can also cause people to burn out, and quit after a while.
It could likely work alongside some other concepts though, to give the group more flavour and variety.

Although I don't know the former well (Apart from looking at their information and the like), your best course of action would most likely to join either the BotB, or WT. If you spoke to their officers they might even allow you to run some bard.. Uh.. Things (Events, a small/open group within the guild, I don't know) within said guild(s).
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down