Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

+66
Coppersocket
Zinkle Figgins
Charlie Blazesong
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
Ruby
Theodoric
Manathon
Gesh
Terenus
Fyffe
Salketh
Elrua
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Tantzui
Iriel Silversong
Officer High Morale
Teebo
Sohan
Bakar
Paia/Jenit
Azmariel
Zouyo
Littlepip
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Odgan / Keag
Rmuffn
Kittrina
Rargnasha
Ledgic
Shanyuan
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Maelmoor
siegmund
Grim
Gilran
Hermie
Lini
Beladon
Raelan
Zaraj
Helmut
Drustai
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Sarandus
Siaer
Ave/Sariella
Buren
Antistia
Raenmar
Anivitas
Cid
Lavian
Melnerag
Ralegh
Flo
Grufftoof
Amaryl
Vaell
Ixirar
Skarain
Lexgrad
Thelos
Muzjhath
The Z
70 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Cid Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Muzjhath wrote:If they try to make sexy ogres I'll rip metsens fucking head off
They have to. And if they can't make it work, Ogres won't be a playable race.

Tauren female springs to mind. /cough
Udderly rude, I know. But I got a horn in the side to those bovine interventions that seem to milk the battlegrounds for HP and CP from time to time. Wink 

...okay, I'm done. For now.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Muzjhath wrote:
Thelos wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:
Muzjhath wrote:If they try to make sexy ogres I'll rip metsens fucking head off
They have to. And if they can't make it work, Ogres won't be a playable race.

Which is why I am skeptical about playable Ogres.

Playable Mok'nathal are a better bet.
This is sadly true. There is not a single race that does not at least have the option to make the females attractive. Even the Forsaken lady of cutesy faces.
See, I personally think this si just flawed logic.
There might be some elements of the population that "Demands" that the females be sexy. But on that factor the same elements want the males to be "Power fantasies" of some nature. So then male ogres don't work since they're just big fat blobs.
If they are forced to sexualize the female ogre for it to work it'll be a fucking travesty of sexism that'll just be sickening. And the commonity will be the (excused) cause.
Even female dwarfs have fans and you can't really call them sexualized. So it's not needed for it to be sexy. Make them appealing in some other way (like, cute faces (Hellow blue eyed orc female)) and you can placate the sexistic assholes who need females to be pretty.
I agree that it's flawed logic and sickening sexism, but that doesn't make it any less prevalent in the game. I wasn't actually endorsing it, mind you; hence the sadly in my post - I was condemning it.

And I'm sorry but if you don't consider the standard female dwarf and tauren models to be sexualized than that more than anything says something about the sorry state we truly find ourselves in. They're sexy by default and you are going to have to work very hard to de-sexualize them in role-play. God knows I tried - I tried playing an old, shirveled prune of a woman on my human female, but the model was just fighting against me. No matter how many lines of powerful descriptive prose you write in your add-ons, it'll never be enough to suppress those magnificent breasts.

Edit Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread - am I just some kind of twisted pervert for thinking dwarven and tauren females have attrative physiques? Neutral
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:55 pm

I didn't mention Tauren, only Dwarf. While they are a bit pretty they aren't obvious "SEX!"
While the cows and trolls are just clearly hypersexualized.
On a personal level I find the Blue Eyed female orc to be the worst face, it's just too human and I never could take most orcs who had it and RPed all that serious (aside from the case of one who was the exception).

I'm also hoping that with all the attention that's come over the last few years Blizzard would actually be brave and adult. They used to be brave, maybe they can be again.

Also, unlike you I've never really been locked to the in character representation. If someone describes themselves as a liverspotted old prune with saggning skin, that's what I'll picture.

Again, I'm just hoping that if it is Ogres, they'll be true to every image of the ogre we've ever seen, and make the female a sack of Lard that looks funny rather than sexy.
Humourize it for players to enjoy it, instead of sexualize it.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Well, Muzjhath, I think we are in agreement here. Well, apart from the representation thing of course, but that's a inconsolable issue, so there's no point discusing it.

Honestly the best of both worlds would just be greater customization all around. Let us play skinnier, fatter, older, younger uglier and prettier characters, please!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:46 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:If Ogres, I am totally rolling one.

But I remain skeptical about Ogres.
They probably won't implement them since they're already working un updating Vanilla races, but it would definitely be a great addition to the game and a good dive into the past - which is exactly what a lot of players want. You're right about female models however, that's going to be a problem.

Just wondering, in case Blizzard decides to implement new races and Horde gets Ogres, what do you expect the Alliance to get? A lot of people say High Elves, but it's a tricky topic - Blood Elves are actually HE, they just renamed themselves to honor their fallen brethren. Would it make sense to have HE split in two almost-identical races?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Furborgs.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Muzjhath wrote:Furborgs.
Too much like pandaren, I should think.

Ethereals could be cool. The Alliance could use an amoral capitalist race as a foil to the goblins (let's face it, the gnome-goblin rivalry stopped being relevant when the Goblins stopped being about technology primarily and started being all about the Moolah)
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:51 pm

I know it'll never happen. But I'd love to play as a Mantid
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Naga... NAGGAAA, I don't give a flying frakk if they have tails, IT COULD WORK, IT COULD BLOODY WORK!1!

Also, I kinda hope it -isn't- about The Legion, because meh, I never understood the huge appeal of fighting The Legion.

I kinda want The Dark Below, more then Warlords of Draenor.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:08 pm

I found a 'leaked' (read: fake) map. It's pretty neat.

Spoiler:
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:55 am

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. GIVE ME MY PRESENTS BLIZZARD.
Ruby
Ruby

Character sheet
Name: Ruby Darkheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 am

I'd just like to comment on the fact that there's an entire 1 hour panel on saturday dedicated to presentation of the Warcraft movie.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am

Ruby wrote:Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.  GIVE ME MY PRESENTS BLIZZARD.
Yeeessss!!!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 pm

As someone who has never really been into Blizzcon - I just kind of hear off others what was announced - what can I expect to find out from this one?

- Diablo 3 Expansion stuff?
- Will they definitely announce the next expansion? If so, do they normally mention new races/classes now?
- Are we expecting Starcraft stuff?
- What time does it all kick off?
- What else?!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Hearthstone stuff. But that's not all that exciting. It'll be great, I don't doubt, I just don't think there's much to reveal.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm personally hyped for Heroes of the Storm. Tonight'll be absolutely first view.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm thinking they'll announce Heroes of the Storm as a free-to-play standalone title.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Some high level leaks popping up on the MMO-champ forums:

"My friends, uncle's, friends grandson works for Blizzard and he gave me some spoilers to

This expansion will be WOTLK2. Lich king will return (due to time travel)
When he wipes you at 10%, Deathwing comes back as a good guy and saves you.
Medivh will be a playable char.
LFR will include heroic mode.
Emerald dream something.
oh...Stormwind is underwater as well.

New race is turtle people called turtlearians.
new race is ninja.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:32 pm

HoS is their official DOTA/LoL (MOBA whatever). It will be free - though I can't find a true source for that.

Possibly with premium content (skins etc, or heroes, like LoL or DOTA, who both have different models of payment etc.).

That much has been confirmed. Much of the rest is suspected or ideas.

For me, I am interested in hearing it all. I enjoy most of the Blizzard games, so have interest in them all. SC2 expansion 2, whether they can (in my eyes) rescue D3 with it's expansion (the game was nowhere near as good as it could have been, though Witchdoctors are so much fun to play). Hearthstone maybe doesn't interest me "as much" as some.

And of course, WoW. And the movie. Indeed.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Almost there

Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Thelos wrote:Some high level leaks popping up on the MMO-champ forums:

"My friends, uncle's, friends grandson works for Blizzard and he gave me some spoilers to

This expansion will be WOTLK2. Lich king will return (due to time travel)
When he wipes you at 10%, Deathwing comes back as a good guy and saves you.
Medivh will be a playable char.
LFR will include heroic mode.
Emerald dream something.
oh...Stormwind is underwater as well.

New race is turtle people called turtlearians.
new race is ninja.
Would be more Legit than MoP!

Edit: And after that video, I'm never going to Blizzcon. Not even the lines at festivals with 30k people are that long.

Last edited by Muzjhath on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 pm

...Wat.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 pm

I pray to Metzen that this expansion will be even 'filler-y' than the last, just to shut up the annoying prats who keep calling Mists of Pandaria filler.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Why would you want that Thelos, that would suck bigtime.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Stig/Jens/Mort wrote:Why would you want that Thelos, that would suck bigtime.
Because I don't believe in filler; and what has been traditionally refered to as filler by some has been amongst the most enjoyable content for me personally.

So, more of that, please.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next