Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

+66
Coppersocket
Zinkle Figgins
Charlie Blazesong
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
Ruby
Theodoric
Manathon
Gesh
Terenus
Fyffe
Salketh
Elrua
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Tantzui
Iriel Silversong
Officer High Morale
Teebo
Sohan
Bakar
Paia/Jenit
Azmariel
Zouyo
Littlepip
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Odgan / Keag
Rmuffn
Kittrina
Rargnasha
Ledgic
Shanyuan
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Maelmoor
siegmund
Grim
Gilran
Hermie
Lini
Beladon
Raelan
Zaraj
Helmut
Drustai
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Sarandus
Siaer
Ave/Sariella
Buren
Antistia
Raenmar
Anivitas
Cid
Lavian
Melnerag
Ralegh
Flo
Grufftoof
Amaryl
Vaell
Ixirar
Skarain
Lexgrad
Thelos
Muzjhath
The Z
70 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by siegmund Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:29 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I just realized I almost overlooked what is now my favorite feature!

Gear will change with your spec. No more lugging around two full sets on my paladin! YEE-HAW!!
Yeah that's a good thing! I'm guessing it will work on PvP gear as well.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Ixirar Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:34 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I just realized I almost overlooked what is now my favorite feature!

Gear will change with your spec. No more lugging around two full sets on my paladin! YEE-HAW!!
YES. THIS. I LOVE THIS.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:40 pm

It's somehow always the little things that are the best features, aren't they? :3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:44 pm

siegmund wrote:

Yeah that's a good thing! I'm guessing it will work on PvP gear as well.
It will, they said it clearly during the presentation.
erwtenpeller wrote:It's somehow always the little things that are the best features, aren't they? :3
Indeed, just think of the UI improvements (new Inventory System yay)

Last edited by Zinkle Figgins on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Like how the dressing room (click to preview the looks of an item) was added as a feature in a vanilla patch. What a Face
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:20 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:It's somehow always the little things that are the best features, aren't they? :3
True this.  Loved the part of the systems panel (from 37minutes-ish below) where Ghostcrawler's talking about stat changes and the crowd's going nuts for it, you can see the other guys on stage amazed at how big a reception these pretty small changes are getting.

Raids, Gameplay, Questing and More panel:

Also from the art panel, Eric Browning from 34 minutes onwards is hilarious:

WoW Art panel:
Ruby
Ruby

Character sheet
Name: Ruby Darkheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:29 pm

"Tanks" is a good answer, but personally I would answered this way:

Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakar Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 pm

It will only change on the first time you acquire it. It won't change when you change spec I believe. It basicly changes accordingly to your first spec and locks it like that. From what I understand
Bakar
Bakar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Bakar wrote:

It will only change on the first time you acquire it. It won't change when you change spec I believe. It basicly changes accordingly to your first spec and locks it like that. From what I understand
According to what the devs said I think your gear will change if you change specialization (go to minute 41:10 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakar Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Zinkle Figgins wrote:
Bakar wrote:

According to what the devs said I think your gear will change if you change specialization (go to minute 41:10 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
I stand corrected! That is great to hear! Smile
Bakar
Bakar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:07 pm

That's lame, in a sense.

So in essence you can't wear tanking gear if you are a DPS? Or vice versa?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakar Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Cerik Ironforge wrote:That's lame, in a sense.

So in essence you can't wear tanking gear if you are a DPS? Or vice versa?
No no, it means that when you change your spec to DPS, so will your plate gear. Change to tank? So does your gear. Change to healer? So does your gear. You don't have to carry 3 sets for different specs. Your gear will change with you.
Bakar
Bakar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:14 pm

There won't be anything such as tanking or dps or healer gear. There just will be gear, which can have diffrent stats i belive. Something like that.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Yes, and that's my problem with it.

Mixing tanking gear/dps gear in PvP is highly effectively. Now it will just change according to your spec. Hopefully it will go by choice rather than lack of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Which is totally wicked! I hate how two FULL SETS clog up my paladin's bags. It's a real nuisance.

Cerik Ironforge wrote:Mixing tanking gear/dps gear in PvP is highly effectively. Now it will just change according to your spec. Hopefully it will go by choice rather than lack of it.
It changes automatically. But you pick your trinkets and jewelry and cloak and weapon to go along with it. They don't change.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:42 pm

On the note of PVP gearing: You're not supposed to be mixing PVE gear in at all. PVP Gear is supposed to always be BIS for PVP, and they're making efforts to make sure that remains true.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:On the note of PVP gearing: You're not supposed to be mixing PVE gear in at all. PVP Gear is supposed to always be BIS for PVP, and they're making efforts to make sure that remains true.
I sincerely hope Ashran will be instanced, so PVE gear can get down-scaled at least there.

By the way, the only thing which I truly don't like about Warlords of Draenor is the number of dungeons available while leveling. I know questing is going to be a better experience (they said it's going to be like the Thunder Isle/Domination Point plot line) and scenarios will be available as well, but I still remember fondly having like 15 dungeons in TBC and a dozen or so in WOTLK.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:09 pm

On PvE vs PvP gear:

Holinka wrote:Current pitch would be conquest and heroic gear have same ilevel. PvP Power becomes part of the budget.

Proposed PvP Power redesign: 1 point of PvP Power = 1 primary stat against players (so becomes str, int, agi)

So PvE gear might have +100 str. Equivalent PvP gear might have +80 st, +30 PvP Power.
Ruby
Ruby

Character sheet
Name: Ruby Darkheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Good, I was afraid they would just ignore the world PVP issue after having read these quotes:
World PvP outside of the World PvP zone isn't going to be a huge focus, especially with how one sided most PvP realms are.
The odds of World PvP happening right by the edge of someone's garrison should be fairly low, so phasing shouldn't be a big issue. The large World PvP zone will likely be where most people interested in World PvP end up.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Read the background
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Coppersocket wrote:Read the background
http:
All the NPC names to the left made me lol.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:54 pm

I really hope those aren't what will be used for real garrisons. Though the outline itself does look interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm

One can name the NPCs to fit oneself. That player seemingly have a taste for punny/funny names. Laughing 
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:45 pm

I can't wait to name one of my peons Ephitos and send him to dig gold in my mine
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Oprah Windfury is the best out of them all, I gotta say. Surprised we haven't seen someone like that in the game.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next