Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you use murder in a plot?

+13
Seranita
Allonia_Miral
erwtenpeller
Sullee Swiftspeech
Vaell
Charlie Blazesong
Feral / Blackfall
Greenbeard
Amaryl
Fenuviel/Eidan
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Rae Wulfgnar
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why do you use murder in a plot? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you use murder in a plot?

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:14 am

Because it serves the plot Wink
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Why do you use murder in a plot? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you use murder in a plot?

Post by siegmund Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:40 am

Depends how this Rez is done. Sure you can be ressed 20 times and i'd not care. If the plot called for it and it was some good plot with even the one getting ressed probably would end up strange or who knows. Dying isn't fun in the end for anyone!

I have seen some recent deaths then people walk again recently but still haven't been able to found out what all went on : p so i can't judge.

But please "All becouse of the plot" no. I don't see everything having to do becouse it's the plot. Sometimes when things go against what you'd except or agaainst the plot can turn out more fun.

Some were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. That or had their bodies turned to bits of meat or whatever!

But let's face it when the plot doesn't make any sense you go like here:

Why do you use murder in a plot? - Page 2 Flutte10
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:00 pm

siegmund wrote:But please "All becouse of the plot" no. I don't see everything having to do becouse it's the plot. Sometimes when things go against what you'd except or agaainst the plot can turn out more fun.
Ah-- Yes, you see, but...

Then, "against the plot", becomes the plot! It's like magic!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:22 pm

10/10 post. In the end as usual with all rp differences and arguments its about communication though, however we're all selfcentered nerdy neckbeards so we dont really know how to communicate properly.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:34 pm

And most RPers are just bad.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Allonia_Miral wrote:Repeating the last post, I don't think this thread was made as much to make yet another debate on whether killing eachother is ok, but more to encourage baddies to find more creative ways to be a baddie.

Which I am totally behind.
Not just baddies, but goodies too!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Like when a certain group of omg so evil guys where dumping dead bodies onto Northshire Abbey and the Guardhouse from Griffons? That does tend to get a bit silly at times.
Just for the record, the abbey wasn't "evil guys," it was a couple of Stormwind guys who -found- an entirely unrelated, not-murdered dead body--it might even not have been a player corpse, I've forgotten now. They hated the Chapter, who'd been harassing them and their friends ICly. They decided in a fit of giggles to just drop the thing on the abbey roof. ...I still don't get why that was considered "silly." It was IC for the characters, physically possible, and humorous, and generated RP without hurting anyone.

If you're on about the Hand when you talk about dumping bodies -on- the guardhouse, I'm unaware of it. Some were dropped in Stormwind but this conversation was already had elsewhere on the forums as to the reasoning and alternatives.

As for ressing: I don't mind at -all- if other people do it (especially if OOC ugliness made them regret allowing the char death), as long as they don't use it as a way to repeatedly harm others' characters without facing the consequences themselves. I probably wouldn't do it myself as I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaer Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Well there are those who find it amusing to also burn peoples bodies and turn them into a pile of ashes. Where as ressing is borderline impossible to do as well. Agreed upon character deaths prehand or then and there because it makes sense icly, is not the debate here I believe. But the bad and good guys who does - kill others characters- abducts, tortures, commits high treason and then shout out oocly: "I don't want my character killed.". Those who does things ic that are so awful that they should logicly be killed, should not do such stuff if they are not willing to be killed.. its really that simple..
Siaer
Siaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:34 am

Logically I wholeheartedly agree with Siaer as well, and I go by that myself when evaluating my own chars' actions. But why is it? It's RP. Why couldn't someone go around doing horrible things IC, if it was OOCly agreed upon, especially when it generates RP, without having to accept anyone offing their character the moment they get it alone? I can answer my own question: it's because it's frustrating for the other side, when it's abused, and so on. I think you'll find that if you put fun first, for both sides, you won't have these problems, really.

You can be the worst guy in the world ICly, but if you're cooperating with "good guys" to give everyone RP, aren't forcing anything on anyone, etc, you'll find (or at least I've found) that those guilds are more than willing to help you out of sticky "caught" situations so you can carry on.

I think that points to the issue being more, "don't abuse your 'villain' status IC to do a bunch of stuff that -OOCly- upsets people and then OOCly refuse the IC consequences." It likely is the fuel for this thread, in the end, as well.

/random thoughts
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2