Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crime considered in a Meta Perspective.

5 posters

Go down

Crime considered in a Meta Perspective. Empty Crime considered in a Meta Perspective.

Post by Littlepip Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Crime reconsideration, considered in an Meta Perspective.

While it is true that if you kill a roleplayer in wow you should expect someone to be angry at you and take revenge, we must also remember that the criminal is a Human in-front of a screen that has chosen this path as it is more fun and interesting after his taste.

This means we need to think about this in a Meta perspective too, what if the Human doesn't want his/her character to die? Remember that we would never kill a character that doesn't want to die, it would make people upset in real life and probably deny that it ever happened.
The same could happen to the Criminals actor, he could say that he doesn't like the sentence and denies that he was ever captured/killed.

"Do to others what they would have done to you."
Remember that saying? It was what most mothers and fathers taught us when we were small.

But since I know when you have committed a crime you should be prepared to take some responsibility in your act, that's just common sense, so my suggestion is that if you have committed a murder you should be a part of the decision made about your character.

If the Player (That has committed a crime.) Decides he doesn't want his character to die, another decision needs to be taken, this makes the sentence feel less forced and makes less people enraged. There are plenty of others choices, one of them could be rehabilitation for the character.

Anyway this is -Just- my opinion and I would love to listen on others opinions and meanings.
Please keep your opinions calm and related to the subject, and of course use common sense.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Crime considered in a Meta Perspective. Empty Re: Crime considered in a Meta Perspective.

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm pretty sure this is already the case, yeah, though it's something some people do forget from time to time. Regiment's quite good with offering exile, lashings and other punishments instead. When it comes to on-the-street retaliation, though, IC is still IC (that said, I'd still never kill anyone without permission).
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Crime considered in a Meta Perspective. Empty Re: Crime considered in a Meta Perspective.

Post by Sohan Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:35 pm

As Feral said, this is already the case. A judge within the Ministry of Justice can not OOCly decide whether or not a character should die for his crimes without speaking to the player of said character first. There is always, or should always be, a close OOC communication between the judge/prosecutor and the criminal about what his punishment should be.
The lesser the crime, the more options are available to the player.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:06 pm

"This is already the case"

^

As i've seen this has been done a lot especially lately. I don't see a reason to complain or mention this. But it is anoying when you do let them off and they come again and again doing who knows what crimes and still going "Nope!" Of course that's rare.

From my experience things work out fine.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:23 pm

I'll just leave this here...

Spoiler:
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down