Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do most people only post when they're raging?

+13
Samian/Bismack
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Lexgrad
Iriel Silversong
Bradley
Ixirar
Thelos
Helmut
Coppersocket
Amaryl
Grufftoof
Vaell
Raenmar
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why do most people only post when they're raging? Empty Why do most people only post when they're raging?

Post by Raenmar Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 pm

?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Why do most people only post when they're raging? Empty Re: Why do most people only post when they're raging?

Post by Vaell Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Stop pulling a Raenmar.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Why do most people only post when they're raging? Empty Re: Why do most people only post when they're raging?

Post by Grufftoof Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of this was.  But it fulfilled a specific type of purposelessness.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:57 pm

I think its funny when people rage over pixels.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:00 pm

http://www.defiasrp.com/t6660p645-the-vent-thread Might be more sufficient place to ask this question.
No, really. it is.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:01 pm

I tried really hard not to.

I really did...

I just can't help but point out the fucking irony.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Coppersocket wrote:http://www.defiasrp.com/t6660p645-the-vent-thread Might be more sufficient place to ask this question.
No, really. it is.
Why use a thread designated for letting off steam and ask questions when you can make a whole thread and start some good drama?
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Helmut wrote:
Coppersocket wrote:http://www.defiasrp.com/t6660p645-the-vent-thread Might be more sufficient place to ask this question.
No, really. it is.
Why use a thread designated for letting off steam and ask questions when you can make a whole thread and start some good drama?
This was my exact trail of thought.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Helmut wrote:
No, really. it is.
Dramabots, whine and roll out.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Raenmar wrote:
Helmut wrote:
No, really. it is.
Good, then we got that settled. So instead of just putting "Why do most people only post when they're raging?" and then "?" as the description, can we maybe have some more information, input and opinions? An example? You know, stuff that we can accually take seriously and play off? Because what mostly start anger and drama here is stupidity, unserious posts in serious content and unnecessarity.

Also, Copper, I hope you know how much I love you when you say stuff like that and have such a fitting avatar.

Last edited by Helmut on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Why do most people only post when they're raging? Llama_613_600x450

Drama, a llama's only friend.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I tend to actually delete most posts I write while angry before I actually post them.

My angry posts are terrible. I prefer posting when I'm cool and collected.

But really to awnser your question: shouldn't it be obvious?

When people are angry they want to vent it. The posture of the body is tilted forwards, with the bulk of the weight resting on the toes instead of the heels. When angry, people want to engage. It's in many ways the opposite of being afraid, when the body is tilted backwards, is shrinking away from the conflict. That's why you will almost never see someone post while they're afraid. They'll lift their hands from the keyboard and walk away from the computer. When angry, they do the opposite: they hammer their fingers down on the keyboard, since it is the medium in which they approach the object of their ire. Just like how when we confront a body in life we are angry at we tilt towards it, so do our hands fall on our keys when we are angry on people on the internet.

Does this awnser your question, Raenmar?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Vaell wrote:Stop pulling a Raenmar.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh man this thread
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Don't feed the Raenmar please.
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Grufftoof wrote:Why do most people only post when they're raging? Llama_613_600x450

Drama, a llama's only friend.

Yes!
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 am

This is DB after-all.

Drama & Bullshit - Special Raenmar Unit.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 am

Amaryl wrote:This is DB after-all.

Drama & Bullshit - Special Raenmar Unit.

I don't see DB based on drama , Amaryl.

But commenting on Raenmars thread
Why do you only seem to post when there's drama? Why do need more than one pointless thread to point it out? Why is there even need to point it out to create another stupid argument?

And normally when there's some sort of conflict people discuss to find a middle ground you know communication. I hope this answers your curiosity
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 am

So far, 2 answers to the question gj guys! Much moar raen bashing than question answering but lets see.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 am

Hey, I answered the question Lex, don't make me rage!

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am

It may be because you notice the posts that are written out of rage, and disregard the calmer posts in a topic because they're not as interesting/funny/fascinating to read?

Easy to find something wrong with something if you go looking for it.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 am

Because when people get emotional/upset people want to shout, shouting at your monitor doesnt generate any response but making threads will.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:26 am

Lexgrad wrote:So far, 2 answers to the question gj guys!  Much moar raen bashing than question answering but lets see.
Raenmar wrote:
Helmut wrote:
No, really. it is.
"Okay" Lexgrad. "Okay". /pathead
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

You can pat my head when you grow a little Smile Unfortunately I am too busy, happy today to join the playpen but for the sake of the thread I will give a little food to the lama.

Copper, it has been many months since our last little clash. I do not really understand why you are an angry little squirt but it seems nothing has changed. At some point you cant keep being angry at the world.

If you really want to change things, write to your MP not to Lexgrad. In fairness neither of us care but the MP is at least obliged to pretend he does.

Ok im curious... why are you so angry?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 am

Wat
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next