Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do most people only post when they're raging?

+13
Samian/Bismack
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Lexgrad
Iriel Silversong
Bradley
Ixirar
Thelos
Helmut
Coppersocket
Amaryl
Grufftoof
Vaell
Raenmar
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why do most people only post when they're raging? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do most people only post when they're raging?

Post by Kittrina Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Lord Nothcliffe, the founder of the daily mail, instructed his editors to "Give them something to hate every day", and made the most successful (shitty) newspaper in the UK.
Anger and disagreements generate more discussion than positive events, and a lot of people post angry responses in the heat of irritation, which continues it. It's not a 'defias brotherhood' thing, it's a human nature thing.

...to be honest the meta-jaded-weary solipsism is more irritating overall. At least angry people tend to calm down and talk properly afterwards, the smug remain smug indefinitely.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Why do most people only post when they're raging? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do most people only post when they're raging?

Post by Thelos Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Kittrina wrote: meta-jaded-weary solipsism

...What?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:58 pm

The best thing about this thread though, is that the premise is just completely wrong.

I don't think anyone here only posts rage posts.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Thelos wrote:

...What?
...google.com? Razz Or:

Meta: all of the pointless drama about drama, or about reputations, or expectations of guilds/people

jaded/weary: in every thread with drama there is an inevitable moment when someone chimes in along the lines of gawwwd you guys, this agaaain why caaan't you just alll get alloooong. Which doesn't ever solve the actual problems. True arguing might not solve problems, but it can bring them to light and often that's the first step to solving them.

Solipsism: The belief that that the person holding the belief is the only real thing in the universe. All other persons and things are merely ornaments or impediments to his happiness. AKA The One-True-Human fallacy. Therefore: RP would be perfect if only everybody did, said, believed, and was interested in exactly the same things as ME. I am the ONLY one here with any sense, everyone else is retards...etc etc.

TL:DR arguing is natural and healthy, moreso when you accept you can be wrong. And arguments naturally attract more discussioon.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Grufftoof wrote:Why do most people only post when they're raging? - Page 2 Llama_613_600x450

Drama, a llama's only friend.
dont have much to contribute but this post really annoyed me number one llamas are beautiful creatures im sure they have lots of friends (one of them being myself llamas are so cute) number two alpaca wool is like the best god damn wool there is in the whole entire world so every single knitter loves llamas personally i want one as a pet theyd make great pets i could just walk around and knit straight off of it it would be totally tubular
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Kittrina wrote:
Thelos wrote:

...What?
...google.com? :POr:

Meta: all of the pointless drama about drama, or about reputations, or expectations of guilds/people

jaded/weary: in every thread with drama there is an inevitable moment when someone chimes in along the lines of gawwwd you guys, this agaaain why caaan't you just alll get alloooong. Which doesn't ever solve the actual problems. True arguing might not solve problems, but it can bring them to light and often that's the first step to solving them.

Solipsism: The belief that that the person holding the belief is the only real thing in the universe. All other persons and things are merely ornaments or impediments to his happiness. AKA The One-True-Human fallacy. Therefore: RP would be perfect if only everybody did, said, believed, and was interested in exactly the same things as ME. I am the ONLY one here with any sense, everyone else is retards...etc etc.

TL:DR arguing is natural and healthy, moreso when you accept you can be wrong. And arguments naturally attract more discussioon.
Ernest Hemmingway wrote:“Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words? He thinks I don't know the ten-dollar words. I know them all right. But there are older and simpler and better words, and those are the ones I use.”

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:18 pm

TBH none were unusual or fancy words apart from solipsism which has no particular shorter version. The long explanaition was just to specify exactly how each relates to this thread.

But thanks for the lovely example of meta.

And llamas are lovely.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:
Grufftoof wrote:Why do most people only post when they're raging? - Page 2 Llama_613_600x450

dont have much to contribute but this post really annoyed me number one llamas are beautiful creatures im sure they have lots of friends (one of them being myself llamas are so cute) number two alpaca wool is like the best god damn wool there is in the whole entire world so every single knitter loves llamas personally i want one as a pet theyd make great pets i could just walk around and knit straight off of it it would be totally tubular
There. Shae wrapped the discussion up for us. We can all go home.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:58 pm

-snip-

Last edited by Thelos on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solanum Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 pm

When someone is raging they are emotionally involved with the topic, something is upsetting them, and they are trying to deal with that usually by asking for support, such as people whom would agree with them. In addition, they try to convince others to help change the thing that is upsetting them.
While raging, people forget that their concerns, or problems, are likely not of interest to other people, or at least not to the degree the raging person is concerned with them.

Another reason could be that people whom are not very passionate about expressing their feelings on a subject, are less eager to share their opinions and ideas with a group of people whom make it a competition to prove their superior intellect, moral high ground, and coolness by cheesy pictures, and trolling, and proving that the OP is completely wrong regardless of what he is saying because they love to win conversations.

In addition to this, someone angered is bound to have some flaws in his post, their arguments are ill presented, they try to pretend to be calm and cheerful and fail horribly as such.
This is a delight for those whom want to display that they're quite able to be very cool, funny, and intelligent on the subject they don't care about. And eager to point out the OP's character flaws, lack of rating, and questionable sexual orientation.

The lack of understanding, in addition to mockery usually enrages and confuses the raging OP more, leading to drama which will attract the drama whores and more people trying to show off, how cool and collected they really are, by once again adding something terribly useful to the thread, like a llama.

A suggestion to avoid rage posts could be to write your angry post in a TXT file, then put on some music, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ny5ajCn0xw ) and grab a drink, coffee or so. Read the file, see what you wanted to say, and make a new file.
If you have some valid points in there, think about how to phrase it in a clear fashion.
And do so, unless it comes down to "You guys suck." In which case I believe it's tradition, protocol or culture to post a gif.

Why do most people only post when they're raging? - Page 2 Fuck-you-cartoon-meme
Solanum
Solanum

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Guys, the question isn't why we rage on forums, the question is why weonly post to rage. As in we don't post anything else. Which is wrong.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Amaryl wrote:Guys, the question isn't why we rage on forums, the question is why weonly post to rage. As in we don't post anything else. Which is wrong.
Why is the sky red? I mean, it's supposed to be blue, and the clouds are supposed to be white, but it's only red.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Shaelyssa wrote:

There. Shae wrapped the discussion up for us. We can all go home.
ol :p llamas are like the one animal (besides sloths) that can just fix all problems

anyways raenmar you know i love you youre my boyyyy but you post some really funny threads sometimes haha and by funny i mean a bit weird but they still make me laugh so im going to go with my first adjective which was funny :) saw some pretty good replies tho so regardless of what i think i think youre question has been answered i like solarums response the most
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:45 am

Solanum wrote:Why do most people only post when they're raging? - Page 2 Fuck-you-cartoon-meme
Ok.. That kinda freaked me out.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Kittrina wrote:Lord Nothcliffe, the founder of the daily mail, instructed his editors to "Give them something to hate every day", and made the most successful (shitty) newspaper in the UK.
Anger and disagreements generate more discussion than positive events, and a lot of people post angry responses in the heat of irritation, which continues it. It's not a 'defias brotherhood' thing, it's a human nature thing.

...to be honest the meta-jaded-weary solipsism is more irritating overall. At least angry people tend to calm down and talk properly afterwards, the smug remain smug indefinitely.
XD  It is true! Whats is worse really, Raen with his misguided but well meaning crusades of rage, or the guys who talk about raen  through the sides of their mouths to each other in private, abviously both agreeing they are both great before they move on to slag each other off to others.

As always the most destructive people are the silent covens of cowards, they who conspire to bring down to their own level or build their own self image up by standing on people who are frankly stronger than them.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Aww, I love you too Shae.

Raen with his misguided but well meaning crusades of rage
Sad
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2