Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what made you pick

+21
Exigua
Feral / Blackfall
Bradley
Seranita
Lexgrad
Grufftoof
Paia/Jenit
Thelos
erwtenpeller
Cid
Gilran
Ixirar
Helmut
Rargnasha
Drustai
Amaryl
Raenmar
siegmund
Catari
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Coppernut
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what made you pick Empty what made you pick

Post by Coppernut Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 pm

out of interest what made you pick your class/race combination?
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

what made you pick Empty Re: what made you pick

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:59 pm

I was offered waffles and cloudberry cream.

There were no waffles nor cloudberry cream. Sad
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Had to try the paladin when it was introduced to the Horde. Only the belves could play them, so not much of a choice Smile
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Wanted to try worgen since "Uuuu new at the game and this is a new race, why not?" As the class i had plenty choices, but i loved the concept of a sneaky person, so rogue. Plus guns looked strange in a claws of a worgen.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:31 pm

I wanted to try worgen.

Fuck, never again.

I picked druid pretty much because it seemed fun. I grew to love RPing it.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Spoiler:

I remember a similair pic, that was more stylised of a blonde one amongst a swatch of horde fighting her way through. but for the life of me, i can't seem to find it, well it was 9 years ago..

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Drustai
Draenei Priest: Draenei because at the time I really didn't like the human model, but wasn't interested in dwarves, gnomes, or elves (or Horde). Additionally, the lore for the draenei was rather interesting to me. So I worked on designing Drustai in model viewer while eagerly awaiting for TBC to come out.

Priest because, years ago, when I was playing EverQuest 1, I was at a LAN party with my guild. At one point, one of the other players needed to go off to do some stuff, so he asked me to take over on his cleric for him. I found that in those few minutes of playing, that I really enjoyed healing. I was always looking for an opportunity to play a healing class, and Draenei gave me the right motivation to finally roll one.

Mage: I like casters. Scholarship and magic have traditionally been my ideal fantasy roles, so of course mage is something I'm interested in. Plus I like ranged classes. RP wise, I had decided that Drustai was more of a mage at heart, and that she had only become a priest out of seeking to repent for previous sins. I decided to roll mage so I could be able to have her fall back on her original sepcialization--arcane magic.

Death Knight: Of magic, my favorite type of magic is necromancy. But we had no necromancers in WoW! This made me very sad. Especially since Drustai was a necromancer and I had been RPing her as such throughout TBC. So when death knight got announced, I jumped on it. It wasn't truly necromancer, which was disappointing, but it was close! Not wanting to be one of those "not a death knight IC" people, I decided to incorporate the Acherus background into Dru's story, but the real reason I rolled the class was for the necromantic abilities.

I've since come to regret that decision, as the lore is a huge hassle (see: death knight threads) and I don't really like the class much because it's melee, but oh well. I still wish we had a proper necromancer class.

Saphra
Worgen Rogue: Years ago, I had ideas for a Vampire: The Masquerade character that I never got around to playing. That character would have been of the Gangrel clan, which are shapeshifters. With worgen, I got the idea of importing that character. General ideas were: werewolf, coward, thief, scavenger, faithful, and the constant fear of falling to the "Beast" and turning into a wild, sadistic animal. Thus worgen and rogue.

Areyah
Human Warrior: I imported the Areyah character from SWG (where I first created her) to WoW, as she was my most interesting and well-rounded character. I was very unsure what class to make her in WoW, however. On the one hand, she's a frontline fighter, the type of senior officer who, though mostly behind the desk, occasionally puts on armor and gets down and dirty on the field. On the other, she tends to prefer working behind the scenes, using unconventional warfare tactics that avoid the enemy's strong points and assaults their weak ones. I first playtested Areyah's character in the Mass Effect series, where she was an Infiltrator (Soldier+Engineer), so Arey's ideal class would be a Warrior-Rogue or Warrior-Hunter hybrid. I ultimately decided to go warrior, because I wanted a class that could put on armor when necessary and stand shoulder-to-shoulder on the front lines. Combat rogue would have perhaps been more fitting, but I really wanted plate armor.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Rargnasha
Orc Warrior:Had been playing my human paladin since the release of WoW van. and decided that RP servers (Earthern Ring) wasn't my cup of tea, when my paladin and his apprentici(?) rode across Hillsbrad, found a forsaken killing farmers (A horde quest) and couldn't intervene.

So I decided to try out one of those fancy new RP-PvP servers that had just gotten out, seeing that I was trying a new server and all, I thought I wanted something completly new. Those orcish warriors had always been something, but I wanted my character to have a little twist.. So I made an overly emotional drunk orcish engineer, named Ragnasha.

He've gotten pretty far since then. Neutral
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Helmut SPoon - Gnome Rogue
Was orignally a more serious, stalking char because I made him in 2006 when I thought that Van Helsing was a cool movie and wanted to sort of make a gnome version of that. But then he changed to a more humorous character because there were too many, and often bad, serious characters. Then he just stuck because I love the sneaky RP and being a sly gnome, as I love gnome RP aswell.

Ray Hairjammer - Gnome Monk
Was also, at first going to be another character (Helmuts long lost uncle. I had a full background story about him being the first gnome to learn the way of the Pandaren monk ways and it was going to be a webcomic) but then I found that the barbershop was a cool place to RP aswell as a gnome who speaks in homosexual innuendos was really fun to play, so it stuck. Monks are also very expandable in RP. They dont have to be a monk of the pandaren way but simply someone who can fight, or heal, or stuff, which is fun.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Ixirar
I wanted to be a druid, and fuck horde races. That was pretty much the thought process. This was in vanilla, so yeah. Also, nelf males casting animations are gay.

The rest of my characters are humans because their concepts weren't really working out for me as anything else.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Three Hammers made me go Dwarf, which also later had impact on the class I had chosen. I had Gimli's look in mind when I was starting a Dwarf, thus I picked Warrior. Also because I wanted to try warrior again, considering it was my first class I started playing WoW with.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:25 am

Big beard beating butt, thus the Dwarven Warrior got picked back in BC.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:54 am

Oh geez. So many characters...

First off, the biggest prerequisite for me to play a character is that it has to have some interesting way of casting magic that I can poor my creativity into. Magic can be limitless fun if you treat it with a bit of freedom.

Delidah #1: Night Elf Mage
First role-playing character! I like elves, I like magic, Night Elf mage seemed like an obvious choice. I didn't know what I was getting into at the time, and her background story constantly changed to adapt to what I learned about the lore. Eventually the hole got too big to crawl out from, and after some very climactic "morally grey" role-play I lost the lust to play the character.

Delidah #2: Goblin Mage.
I love goblins. Their animations are glorious perfection. When I got sick of Delidah #2 I turned her into a goblin. This is when the character really "clicked". Her crazy weird spells made much more sense for a goblin then it ever did on a Night Elf, and goblin girls look fantastic in a pointy hat.

Delidah #3, A.K.A. Alph'el Bloodwrath: Blood Elf Mage.
Taking the "mage" to it's logical conclusion, it ended up in the race that completely consists of mages.

If only I actually enjoyed DPS in any shape or form.

Jahzeem: Troll Shaman / Priest / Monk / Death Knight
A Troll Witch Doctor offers some of the nicest, crazies opportunities to play out magic. I've always played him as a very nasty, visceral fighter that used his fists, feet and his staff to slap people around. His magic involved throwing jars with bees and hexed frogs around, partly inspired by the Witch Doctor from Diablo 3.

He's been dead. He's been alive. He's been all sorts of things. When MoP came around, I thought the monk class would fit him perfectly. Alas, I didn't enjoy the Monk OOC that much, and Jahzeem slipped away into the background.

Scuzy: Blood Elf Paladin.
I love elves, okay?? Shoot me. I wanted to try paladin and needed a char to spy on my alliance friends' horde alts. When I started leveling her, I started role-playing her. She became a blood knight in training, swiftly ascending the ranks. She was brutal, she was nasty, and she was crazy addicted to magic.

When Thelos started writing Naaruvada I got so inspired by it I decided to convert her to "the faith". She killed many a darkling, and eventually lost her life for it.

...There have been many, many more. I'm never short on character ideas, and I intend to play them all, sooner or later.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:32 am

Thelos: My first role-playing character. I love playing priests OOCly, erwt had rolled an Alliance character and I didn't like elves or humans that much. Between draenei and dwarves I went with draenei out of spite. Back in Vanilla when priests had racial spells, Dwarves had Fear Ward, which I always envied with my troll priest that had a worthless curse of weakness and a watered-down lightning shield.

Turns out I really liked it.

Paozi: I wanted to be on the vanguard of new role-playing possibilites in Mists, so I went to play the new class and the new race. Even though I originally intended for him to be an old, sage-like character, he turned out quite differently.

Huruma: The death of Thelos always left a draenei-shaped hole in my heart that Huruma is only now egun to fill. I didn't want to play another priest out of fear of playing the same character twice, so I rolled a paladin whose personality was roughly put the anthithesis of that of Thelos, to ensure I wouldn't end up playing a clone.

Where Thelos was gentle, Huruma is brutal.
Where Thelos was rational, Huruma is emotional.
Where Thelos was cautious, Huruma is reckless.
Where Thelos was forgiving and merciful, Huruma is vindictive and ruthless.

Huruma is the muscle to the mind that was Thelos - the Vindicator's hammer to the Anchorite's tome.

It only recently "clicked" in Wild Tempest, and now I now find that I like role-playing an a paladin a lot more than I liked role-playing a priest.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:56 am

Paia #1 - Gnome Warlock Back in the day I was one of the serious (and honestly quite bad) Roleplayers on The Venture Co that Helmut mentioned. That time is best left forgotten really. However at some point I rolled a Gnome Warlock called Paia with the aim of acting as a light-hearted counterpart to the massively-emo wreck I was playing.

The gimmick with Paia is that she was and wanted to be an Evil Warlock and hang out with the cool Evil Kids and acting all serious and emo but she was not terribly good at it. In time (around mid TBC I think) I came to prefer light-hearted Paia to massively emo-wreck and just kind of stuck with it.

These days the Warlock lives on Argent Dawn where Paia is a jerk to people because she's not very nice.

Paia #2 - Gnome Priest Come Cataclysm it was announced that Gnomes would be getting Priests. I'd always wanted to play a priest, in fact I'd rolled quite a few on various servers over the years but never suck with them (mainly trolls for some reason). Also Paia had softened from her old Wannabe-Evil ways and acquired a dose of self-disgust at her own Evil Magic. The convergence of these two reasons combined with Paia's Warlock character being on Ravenholdt for some reason lead to me re-rolling Paia as a priest. I didn't really make any effort to explain her sudden change.

This character is abandoned under a different name on Argent Dawn, it hasn't been played at all since Mists of Pandaria except to steal it's gold for use by Paia #1

Paia #3 - Gnome Priest

When I came back to WoW in Mists of Pandaria, mainly to see what had changed I realised "I have no idea how to play a priest anymore". I also didn't want to play on Argent Dawn, at least not as my main server and I didn't want to pay for a transfer. So I just remade Paia the Priest on Defias Brotherhood which I had heard was fairly healthy for RP and less full of self-important meanies than Argent Dawn.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Hereward:  My first ever character was a Tauren hunter.  Hunter because they seemed pretty cool.  With their bows and the prospect of taming a wolf!  But, it became "apparent" that Tauren's ran slowly.  Yeah!  Screw you Blizzard, why do I run slower than everyone else?!  That's not fair.  Much as I like my nose-ring and my big hooves.  Why must I be so slow and lumbering?  WHY?!

Of course they don't run slowly.  I was just drunk.  No, not really.  But I was convinced they were slow.  So I ditched the Tauren with disdain and jumped for the next obvious choice.  Hereward the Night Elf hunter!  Look how the spin when they jump.  And oh my, I can ride a big cat (if I ever get the obscene amount of gold to get that far).  Plus the zones seemed so cool (they still do, Tauren and Nelf starting areas have "wonder" and interest).  And Darnassus was so interesting.  There were those giant tree things from Warcraft 3.  This was cool.

But everyone played hunters.  So it seemed.  And when I was trying to get into a raiding alliance I kept being shat on by the Raid Leader and their boyfriend (both hunters).  So I jumped at the chance to leave that god forsaken server (ER) and join the new server that was launching (DB).

Grufftoof:  The fruit of literally seconds of thought on what I wanted my new character to be.  Nah, ok.  Trolls seemed so very cool in Strangethorn (where I'd died repeatedly on my hunter).  And they had RAPTORS!  And cool hair and tusks.  And interesting stories.  I'd started to read more about stories now.  And they had these weird gods.  And tusks.  And raptors.  But everyone still played hunters.  So I was gonna be something different.

I liked the pets of hunters really.  And those dudes with magic and demons.  Imps! They looked funny.  Now, why couldn't I be a troll warlock?!  Stupid Blizzard.  I wanted to be one so much.  Damn them!  But I could be "like" a warlock.  All shadowy, and mad, crazy... crazy was important.  I  could be a Shadowpirest!  They melted peoples faces (I was disappointed that this wasn't actually represented in game).  And they could make people jump off the boat from Booty Bay (or the balcony in Blackrock) and drown/burn in lava.  Hehe.  That was evil.  An evil troll.  Who messed with people's minds.

But I also loved engineering.  Gnomeregan, how cool that place was.  And those weird little bombs.  I wanted those.  So, well, that's how Da Dok was born.  A love of trolls, a want to raid, a smattering of bombs and gnomes, and as much crazy as I could fit in his backstory.  And it was great, sadly now lost forever -an epic story of BBQ sauce, goblin rockets and clockwork parts.

So, next time you think someone's RP is dodgy, or that their concepts are strange: Blame Blizzard.  For in that person's past maybe there is a Tauren.  With their stupid slow runspeed.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:31 pm

OMG! I had a Paladin for a little while on DB called Hereward! Im a Gruff fan boy : /
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:05 pm

@Gruff's post: 10/10, would read again.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Shentin (hunter/Deathknight( - my first ever rp toon she started off a as a hunter, I loved the class and was dragged into rp very unwittingly, after a few months she succomed to one of the plagues that infested sw at the time, nd was thus raised into undeath, I never got the feel of DK mechanics so once ther brotherhood of the hold she was in turned bad I used this oppertinity to let her hand herself in to the detahknights of the aliance uppon whoich she was imprisoned, she was later releaced by wardens of the blade (ebon shroud at the time) upon which her undeath condition had advanced as she is not a true death knight, (a fate monrena almost befell to..)

Chareshia (paladin gone priest(later turned to fritseni the priest)) - My first full time rp'er where I actually got proper "training" and help, the seals were a wonderful bunch but after about six months of having a psychopathy stalk her taunt her and continually trying to have her possessed she eventually took her own life

Fritseni (the above priest) - A gnomish healer getting paid to heal the cartel

(yes at this time I loved ranged castors)

Veshneta - mage - she had a brief brief one day of roleplay.. this was me dipping my toes into draenei rp, sadly she got kicked out of the ere argus commune quite savagely and cold heartedly thus I avoided draenei rp for a few months going back to fritseni

Monrena - priest Huntress Paladin
Monrena who constantly proves to be my most favorite toon to date has gone threw more than most.. many heavy injuries.. 2 neer fatal one of which was an attempt to put her into a state of undeath.. paladins at the time of chareshia i didn't enjoy but now I am on the path of pvp.. I am vastly enjoying it

Sonja mage(ooc formerly Veshneta) and Warlock (ic) - she fulfilled my love for ranged castors and gave me months of rp during the period when ere argus finally imploded and everyone fled draenei rp leaving me with no one to rp with on monny

Henita warr - My taste of pandaria rp.. I loved it.. henita is a lovable toon almost a fury monrena, However sadly monnrena has more history and once opertunity to rp her again came along,.. poor henita got sidelined
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Bradley - Human Rogue.

Human = I made the character with a few other people, and our concept was uncursed Gilneans, so.. Yeah.
Rogue because thug class, they can wear leather and they can wield more or less all the cool weapons, like maces and swords.
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 pm

I chose alliance for the medieval aesthetic + central RP hub; I adore werewolves and their lore, and male worgen look pretty good if you get a good face/color/hair combo. Though I still say the females look awful. From there I chose a rogue for a simple class which I could RP with little lore knowledge, knowing none of it--and because a male worgen in stealth looks pretty win.

So, visuals mainly? Ended up switching to druid IC later on due to ingame events but, there's my why's for you!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:medieval aesthetic
lol.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exigua Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 am

Exigua - Troll hunter:
Was my first ever RP character. I had been considering trying out RP for some time, checking out different realms from time to time. All I knew on my old realm had either moved or quit, and there was not much holding me there. I chanced upon an RP story on the official DB forums, called "A letter to the horde", which was from a Draenei female called something like Excayte to Tziak, God-Emperor of the Second Gurubashi Empire. I was really impressed by both their replies, but for each I read by Tziak, he just won me over... So I made a troll. Have always been intrigued by the idea of a hunter running around in the vale and killing things on thebridges and such, it got really interesting geography for ambushes and such. Combined with the fact that my first ever character back in beta was a hunter, the choice was easy.

Qa'ajn - Troll druid:
Was my first real character and main until most of tBC. When I had found out that I liked the RP and would stick to the realm, I heard that trolls would get druids. I had a plan for making a primal, and decided to transfer over. The faction change came later, as troll druids were not yet available. Because I didn't like the feral changes in Cata, I turned back to my previous main favorite of balance/resto, and ended up as a druid/spirit binder hybrid instead.

Japetus - Gnome mage:
I was playing alliance on my old realm, and was inspired to make a mage for some reason, partly the statues in front of SW. I was planning a human, but they can't have proper beards, so I made a gnome for that reason alone. True story.

Bons - Gnome warrior:
Was my main for the naxx portion of Wrath. It's something hillarious about a tiny gnome tanking a huge boss that I couldn't resist.

Arrak - Forsaken death knight:
I'm not certain why I made him forsaken. I don't even remember if I had his background figured out before his creation or not. What I do know, is that I find it amusing how Arthas tried not only once, but twice, to take control over them, and both times failed.

That's my mostly played RP characters to this day. I was active on my gnome rogue for some time, but have mostly stopped playing it. Why so many gnomes? I find humans boring. Elves are interesting, and was my choice of race in WC3, but gnomes have one giant benefit that I liked... They are small. "Obviously" you might think, but to what extends this applies and the practicality is largely not known over overseen. I noticed this first when I had rolled my mage. Because I had mostly rolled elves before, I got him to Teldrassil at level 1 to quest. Have you seen the bent roots there? Gnomes can run through most of them. That was my first experience with how size mattered in WoW. An added benefit is that you can hide more easily in or behind objects, such as bushes or stones. Even if other players got player names turned on (I never do), the name is further down and may be partly hidden. This also made me like shorter names. However, the size also makes gnomes swim in some waters where others can walk... Such as Black Morass or the fountain inside the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus...
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 am

Tough to remember...my first character here was my undead rogue. Why'd I pick that combo? Because of how cool and original it was to have a skeleton assassin, of course! I was also over seven years younger back then, so there's that...my second choice (and my main for the next few years) was also just as original, a tauren warrior. That combo I picked, because warriors + taurens = Living tank and the biggest race combined was perfection in my mind! The one that comes to mind after that would be my troll shaman, I think. Thaaat combo I think came from not having a proper troll character at that point and the fact that shamans had a ghost wolf form, which I thought to be the coolest thing ever. Finally achieving that form has to be one of my TOP memories from WoW.

Rest are just a big blur, really. Zobke started out as a hunter, because I hadn't really played a hunter at that point. Would've maybe made him a shaman at some point earlier still, if a class change would be possible without starting from the scratch. Not that levelling a new toon would've been an issue at the start of Cata (and even less now) because I deleted my dusted lvl20something orc hunter to make room for Zobke and levelled him to 70 in maybe 4-5 days.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Instead of writing a novel, I'm gonna tell you about my first char, made on Ragnaros. A troll shaman. Why? Cause my sister played a shaman, and she convinced me that so should I. And troll? I always loved them. However I were feeling close to Druids.. Shapeshifting.. Being a big cat.. Etc. Was simply just me! So short time after I reached lvl 80 (With alot of my sisters help, for quests etc.. Yes I was a noob.) I rerolled a female Tauren Druid. Their quests, and class quests (Oh how I miss the class quests) just got me good. However most of my friends played on Stormreaver (Finreaver, no I ain't Finnish), so I transferred there. After a few years there I met this alliance Druid in Dalaran, I did a few normal emotes as wave etc, and it went fine. Yes I was horde! So I made an ally char got his rl id, and we decided to try RP out. He had heard of this guild on DB, so we went there. And that's how it aaaall started.. Hmh, seems like it got to be a small novel anyway... *shrug*
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next