Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting to make a Kirin Tor guild

+6
Shaelyssa
Zaraj
erwtenpeller
Vaell
Thelos
Norrian/Chezz
10 posters

Go down

Wanting to make a Kirin Tor guild Empty Wanting to make a Kirin Tor guild

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:01 am

So yeah. I just returned to the game after a small break.

I think I want to make a Kirin Tor guild or at least guild under the Kirin Tor faction. I want to make it like an academy with a special team of Fel/Shadow hunters. Sounds awesome in my head - teach students during the day and kill Warlocks during the night.

I've somewhat moderate knowledge in magics and I do have acquaintances which I can ask about stuff but I still feel it won't be enough to lead a Kirin Tor/Magical academy guild. Could always read in wowpedia but if I could persuade someone to lead it that would be even more awesome.

Also, there was a Kirin Tor guild at some point in time, if memory serves. If a member happens to be reading this post or someone knows someone that was once in that guild poke me! Smile

Lemme know what you guys think.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Wanting to make a Kirin Tor guild Empty Re: Wanting to make a Kirin Tor guild

Post by Thelos Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:09 am

Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:58 am

The Violet City is still about but it is a collection of magi of the Kirin Tor, it doesn't really have a motive. I'd join, but I'm a little inactive atm and if I moved Vaell from the Regiment, I wouldn't know who to plonk in as his replacement (I love guard rp, so I'd miss it).

I will just say that Mage Hunters don't usually aim to kill; they will if absolutely necessary but they tend to capture rogue warlocks/dark magic users. They do have arguably the most secure prison in Azeroth and looking at the Violet Hold instance, if they can capture giant demons, they can capture almost anything!

Good luck with it. Hoping to see it progress.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:26 pm

My opinion on killing in RP is well known but lemme explain what I meant regardless. My toons don't kill. They beat up and humiliate but they don't really kill. The reason for that is that I was in actual depression for like a few days when my five year old character got killed.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Norrian/Chezz wrote:I've somewhat moderate knowledge in magics and I do have acquaintances which I can ask about stuff but I still feel it won't be enough to lead a Kirin Tor/Magical academy guild. Could always read in wowpedia but if I could persuade someone to lead it that would be even more awesome.
If you don't have the knowledge yourself, don't start a guild around that theme. The GM should know what they're talking about at all times. You're the leader after all, the captain, the discretion maker. The fate of the guild would rest on your shoulders.

Shoulder that will only be strong enough to carry that weight if they are determined and knowledgeable.

If you want to read up on the subject, there are several reads floating around these forums.
> Drustai's most excellent and magnificent manual of mastering mysticism.
> Alph'el's in-character musings on the nature of magic on Azeroth and beyond.

And there's always know your lore. A great resource for a lot of things.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 pm

You love to judge people don't you? Go re-read what I wrote.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:29 pm

I read what you wrote. Hence my helpful post. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:12 pm

It wasn't really a helpful post. All you said was that he shouldn't do it cause he "doesn't know" enough about the subject matter to discuss it, and then went on to give a link to your own posted guide. Quite the thing.

The part about hunting rogue mages and warlocks alone is a guild concept, really, seeing the overabundance of both. If you want more free reins on how to run the guild, it could be some sort of rogue subsection of the Kirin Tor that is focused on the specific task of hunting down said types of people, with some espionage and training sessions teaching how to fight fel users etc. And then name it something like Amethyst Vanguard or something.

I'd say the idea about teaching could be scrapped just for the sake of the post above, having people object to your possible interpretation with their own interpretation. Then again, so long as the methods and theory taught are credible within the universe, you shouldn't scrap that part either if it can provide interesting RP.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 am

Zaraj wrote:All you said was that he shouldn't do it cause he "doesn't know" enough about the subject matter to discuss it.
Which is rather important if you're going to run something about said subject matter.
Zaraj wrote:and then went on to give a link to your own posted guide. Quite the thing.
My own isn't a guide, more of an example of in-character magi babble. I also linked Drustai's guide, and "know your lore". Both helpful links if you're looking to expand your knowledge.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 am

screw the lore just do whatever you want to do i say

feel free to hunt down my warlock and try to kill her norrian!!! very cool idea, i remember vaell organising something similar but not really as a guild guild but more of a small group type thing
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:49 am

Welcome back after your break. I am afraid i do not have any characters that would fit to your idea of Fel/Warlock hunters or teachers either. Skarain, my mage-warlock character is free prey regarding that, though its unlikely that she would never been caught to begin with. She is smart enough not to have anything on physical nor magical stage that would reveal her as one.

Also with Wild Tempest to lead, i rarely have time to log on her.

My suggestion is to see if you can contact the Kirin Var guild as linked above, since they are very much all about mages. They already have that teaching side, and you can introduce the Warlock-hunting as a branch to their concept.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:
feel free to hunt down my warlock and try to kill her norrian!!! very cool idea, i remember vaell organising something similar but not really as a guild guild but more of a small group type thing
Oh bitch please!! Vaell was just the apprentice mage hunter. The mage hunters were mostly just around to hunt Drustai. We never really made anything big out off it.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Kirin Var seems interesting. However, they condemn the Kirin Tor and they're pretty much an everything guild. I won't be joining them because I dislike RPing in Shatrah and Outland. I overRP'd there already. I want to RP in Dalaran but I also want to be part of the alliance.

Unfortunately Skarain said no before I even asked Very Happy. Guess I'm making it myself then...
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:32 am

You will encounter the 'slight' problem with Roleplaying in Dalaran that lorewise it is moving, but we've got no idea where!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:15 am

Consider making it a string of public events instead of a guild, like I did with the Watcher/Furbolg projects prior to Cata. Specialized guilds tend to wither because their playerbase is usually made up out of alts whose players loose interest after a month or so.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Talésthor Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:38 pm

What faction are we talking here?
Talésthor
Talésthor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:28 pm

I think alliance is what he's aiming for, since with recent developments in lore the horde is no longer part of dalaran or the Kirin tor.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:27 am

Indeed the plan is was for ally but I won't be making the guild ad this point. Mods, if I may please have a lock on this that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down