Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School of Learning( General)

4 posters

Go down

School of Learning( General) Empty School of Learning( General)

Post by Isils Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:17 pm

So a few weeks back I've discovered GHI and found out you can make 'books" and such.

Here I thought, well why not having ingame books that would also teach you stuff other than just lore.

So I was wondering if anyone already has made some and is willing to lend them out( copy) so that they would become more widespread among us. 

I mostly have an interest in Magic-related books, but other topics are good as well.

Hell I've always wanted a bookstore/library.

I have already found some posts I would like to turn into books ( stares intensely at Drustai and Erwtenpeller) and have mentioned it on Nature's Grasp as well.

I think it would also be good for a new character or a player who has just discovered RP, like guides and such, without having to logout constantly. ( there is an emote for reading after all)
Isils
Isils

Character sheet
Name: Lohande Silvertongue
Title:

Back to top Go down

School of Learning( General) Empty Re: School of Learning( General)

Post by Drustai Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm

L&A wrote:I have already found some posts I would like to turn into books ( stares intensely at Drustai and Erwtenpeller) and have mentioned it on Nature's Grasp as well.

Someone in Kingdom of Stromgarde has actually already turned my magic guide into an in-game GHI item, I think. Might want to talk to them about it.

Problem is, it's an OOC resource, not an IC writing. So couldn't be passed around IC. Erwt's stuff on the other hand is IC.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Isils Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 am

Well you could write a foreword for it and that would make it IC and the rest would be very objectively seen.

Do you remember who it was?
Isils
Isils

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 am

I'd transcribe The Pursuit of Cosmic Truth to GHI if it wasn't such a limited vehicle. The pages are really small, make-up is limited, and you can't use custom images as far as I'm aware.

It's handier to just keep it as a forum post.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isils Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:45 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I'd transcribe The Pursuit of Cosmic Truth to GHI if it wasn't such a limited vehicle. The pages are really small, make-up is limited, and you can't use custom images as far as I'm aware.

It's handier to just keep it as a forum post. 

True, specially with the images, which explain a whole lot, but not impossible! 

What's your Alliance mage, if you have one?
Isils
Isils

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:26 pm

My alliance spellcaster is "Theodore Wellsworth", but he doesn't have a player character. His role-play is done through letters and minions.

The Pursuit of Cosmic Truth is very specifically written by Alph'el, though.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Would be cool if we had a school'ish system IC where people would learn what had happened trough the years In character. It would have to be very interactive for the players.

We could also have a school of sword combat, giving books about how you can fight and use in a sword battle, we could hold training matches and duels.. Bringing some of the nobility back to Wow.

Magic schools would be nothing new on the server but I think I know what has gone wrong all the time, it could have been to little interaction between the players and the teacher. Give them books about how spells are thrown and how they work, what negative buffs they can give like a shadow ball might burn into your skin (Or decay your palm.)
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Isils Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Thorvald wrote:Would be cool if we had a school'ish system IC where people would learn what had happened trough the years In character. It would have to be very interactive for the players.

We could also have a school of sword combat, giving books about how you can fight and use in a sword battle, we could hold training matches and duels.. Bringing some of the nobility back to Wow.

Magic schools would be nothing new on the server but I think I know what has gone wrong all the time, it could have been to little interaction between the players and the teacher. Give them books about how spells are thrown and how they work, what negative buffs they can give like a shadow ball might burn into your skin (Or decay your palm.)

YES to all of this !!
Isils
Isils

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Finally I had a good idea! *Cheers happily!*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down