Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical!

+8
Cadaemus
Shaelyssa
Hermie
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Rargnasha
erwtenpeller
Dréfurion
Vaell
12 posters

Go down

[A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical! Empty [A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical!

Post by Vaell Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:02 pm

M A N A V I N E

[A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical! Wizard_sb_symbol
Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical!

Spoiler:

Overview
Upon receiving the position of Minister of Magic, I have decided that one of the best things to introduce into the role-play would be a schooling system for teenagers/young adults to learn the craft of magic. This is a heavy role-play opportunity to any who has a mage or has been considering making one. I strongly encourage people of both the Horde and Alliance to make an alt for this. It can be a mage, a warlock, even a warrior if you want! They don't have to be successful at magic and even if they are, they could be less so than others. Magic is such a prominant aspect of the lore in WoW and it has such a rich amount of role-play available, which is pushed me to do this in the first place - especially since the Kirin Tor are joining the alliance. You do not have to be a citizen of Stormwind to teach/learn! There is no guild and all races are welcome. You have nothing to lose from making an alt and coming along to see if you like it, so give it a go! Let me be clear that I do not want this to feel like a real life school! I don't want to be sat listing facts, a lot of it will be practical. I'll take inspiration from HP for some of the lessons provided and my main aim is to keep it fun and as far away from a chore as possible.

Teaching positions

These are the current teachers/available positions you can apply to teach in:

Headmaster: ((( Position currently unavailable )))

Abjuration: Arenfel Serpentine

Evocation:

Transmutation: Awendra Clearstone

Defence Against Dark Magic:

Illusion: Alorah Starwhisper

Alchemy:

Divination:

Conjuration:

Enchantment:

Groundskeeper:
((( Position currently unavailable )))

((( Yet to be determined. I will be finding a suitable location OOC and though it may be somewhere like Gilneas/Stormwind Keeps less used rooms, it will ICly be in Elwynn. I do not plan to conflict with anyone role-playing around certain areas, so do not worry Gilneans! )))

Lessons
These will be organised when the location has been fully settled. Currently, ICly, the school is under construction - wherever it may be! Currently, as I am unsure if people will be interested in the idea or not, the lessons will most likely be fortnightly. If it picks up in popularity, once or twice a week. It all depends on availability and how well it is received. If people want them more sparse, we will do so. If people want them more frequently, again, we will do so.

Students
My only rule is: No bloody children! I can't be dealing with 9 year olds wielding magic. This is a school for any and all, no matter their background. Teenagers and young adults are more than welcome. You can even learn if you are in your thirties, though you'll be put with an older group. My main hope is to encourage as many people as I can into making (at the very least) some alt to put into the school. I can promise the role-play will be rich and fresh and provide a nice break inbetween the seriousness of war in WoW.

Uniform

((( Yet to be decided )))

So if you are interested, you can find me on any of the characters in my signature. Make an alt and come learn magic!

[A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical! Coat_of_arms

Last edited by Vaell on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical! Empty Re: [A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical!

Post by Dréfurion Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:49 am

Can we have four houses and their scores being tallied? That'd be great!

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical! Empty Re: [A] Manavine; Stormwind's School for the Arcane and all things Magical!

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:41 am

Also, just call it "Defense against the Dark Arts". Everyone's thinking it; You might as well just say it.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Drustai kills the comming headmaster.
There, I called it.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:41 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Also, just call it "Defense against the Dark Arts". Everyone's thinking it; You might as well just say it.
Must... resist!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm surprised nobody has made a Slytherin reference toward my character yet, come on people you're slipping with the puns!
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Hey Arenfel, do you mind if I.. Slytherin?

On a more serious note, I love this very, very much. I am internally debating in what way to be a part of it.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:28 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Also, just call it "Defense against the Dark Arts". Everyone's thinking it; You might as well just say it.

Alsssoooooo, I'm very interested in this. There won't be a level requirement to be a student will there?

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 am

Hermie wrote:

Alsssoooooo, I'm very interested in this. There won't be a level requirement to be a student will there?
Noooooo! No level requirement.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:39 am

Love this! Only found out about it ic yesterday but totally behind this idea
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadaemus Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 am

I love this idea! I'm currently without WoW for a moment and have been inactive for.a.few months but yeah, i'd love to make an alt for this once I get back into the game. This seems super cool \o/
Cadaemus
Cadaemus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:57 pm

This sounds awesome! I'll be up for it on either my mage or my up-and-coming warlock! Very Happy
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:14 pm

This does indeed sound like a good idea that might fill an existing demand in the playerbase.

Have you tried advertising it at the RP section of the wow forums? With luck that might attract a few roleplayers who'd be up for having their main in here, and having mains instead of alts can often be key to getting the RP going properly. Just a suggestion, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:23 pm

I don't actually use the WoW forums as my account is all linked up to my brother and I just can't get into the habbit of checking it.

But if someone could post it up for me, with links to my name and how to contact me - I'd greatly appreciate it!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:50 pm

You can remove Drustai from the list.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 pm

I love the idea! Good luck and maybe ill get Larn to learn something xD
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhavz'amul Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Might be fun to teach alchemy, with Biterius in, it would be ten times funnier
Rhavz'amul
Rhavz'amul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down