Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias Brotherhood RP guide [Closed]

+4
Vaell
Sohan
siegmund
Raenmar
8 posters

Go down

Defias Brotherhood RP guide [Closed] Empty Defias Brotherhood RP guide [Closed]

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Sup

I am interested in putting together our very own fully fleshed out and detailed role-playing guide covering as many aspects of things as possible and then attempting to gain it a sticky on the realm forum. I think it would be a very good referencing post/link to give it to well, everybody who's remotely interested and should we do it together it would show some community spirit, in my opinion anyway.

With that said, if there are no volunteers one will still be written.

People interested:
Silverweave
Vaell
Haanah (later)

Some topics to include:

• What is roleplay?
• How do you roleplay?
• Knowing your lore
• What Blizzard rules are there for RP?
• What sort of player made ‘rules’ exist in roleplay?
• Choosing a character
• Choosing a class and what role your class plays in RP

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Sat May 11, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood RP guide [Closed] Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood RP guide [Closed]

Post by Raenmar Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:51 am

What would differentiate it from the one I already wrote?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood RP guide [Closed] Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood RP guide [Closed]

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:52 am

You wrote a guide on how to get involved in RP.

Not how to RP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 am

Okay. Well I'd be up for helping with this.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:10 am

I'm not that good at writing and most is done from my head. I'll use the guide though to help others , heh. But here this might help a bit, somtimes easier to not rewrite everything and can be used as a guide on how one should look:

RP Guide on US forums

Adding some server lore things at the end maybe or adding a FAQ or something could be good as well. Like "What is the SW Council?"

Other than that Examples are important.

Edit: Link to Here Would help. Plenty of other Guides of races and so on these forums so best add that as well under links or so on, can be more than one and more than just DefiasRP ones.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 am

siegmund wrote:Adding some server lore things at the end maybe or adding a FAQ or something could be good as well. Like "What is the SW Council?"
This. Adding most, if not all, of the server lore is required, in my opinion.
We could also add maps of the main cities and mark the areas that might be dangerous to walk in, or mark frequently used RP hubs, etc etc.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 am

I'll help out.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:52 am

This isn't a guide as to where to find RP or describing organizations on DB, though those could certainly be linked at the end.

This is specifically a guide as to how to role-play, literally. What to do, what to not do, how to best describe a character, which lore to read (for your race?) etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:17 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:This isn't a guide as to where to find RP or describing organizations on DB, though those could certainly be linked at the end.

This is specifically a guide as to how to role-play, literally. What to do, what to not do, how to best describe a character, which lore to read (for your race?) etc.
But are there not already hundreds of them out there?

I understood it as if you were to write a roleplaying guide on how to roleplay on this server alone, not a roleplaying guide in general.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 am

You must have misunderstood my opening post then. This is not a guide to Defias Brotherhood and the RP community here.

This is a guide to role-play, which can incorporate information regarding server lore and a definition of it, all the links can go at the bottom.

It's basically an attempt to gather interest from the Defias roleplaying community into putting together their own guide, something that can be insightful to those coming here and roleplayers in general. I also think it could reflect the things most Defias Brotherhood roleplayers would agree on as "good" and "bad" and as such, form a basis of what people can expect from the roleplaying community.

But I see no harm in also writing a guide on how to roleplay on this server alone either, though I believe Raenmar has that covered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 am

My mistake then. The thread name was also slightly misleading.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:16 pm

This thread

Might be of use
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:42 pm

You could maybe post this on the official forum. A lot of people don't use DefiasRP, so it'd be good to give them an opportunity to get involved too.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:20 pm

I would very much like to help out on this subject. While I'm not great with most forum posts, I do have a large knowledge of arcane, and magical, lore, as I have been reading and researching it for over five years now. What I could offer is a section of arcane lore for the magi, warlocks, druid, priests, paladin and of course mages. While in truth I still strongly recommend anyone new to role play goes for your warrior/hunter or even rogue classes I understand people want to play what they feel be suited for them best.

In in fact started out as a mage first, and under heavy rage from my old server focused on studying the lore to find out -everything- I can and can't do. Though this of course doesn't make me a master of arcane lore, for there's many things I still find out even now.

So if needed I can write a large section of magical classes for their lore, backgrounds, races and of course how to play them and what background -most- would of had. Eg: Warlocks being magi before they turned into a darker spells.
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Haanaah Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 pm

I don't know how much it would help, but in about two to three months I'd be available to help with topics on healing/wounds/diseases etc. I study medicine in rl, so maybe i could provide some inspiration.

Haanaah

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat May 04, 2013 4:48 pm

A guide on healing RP that also involved actual medicine would be great. Having omnipotent magic healing everything is too boring, imo.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 2:38 am

Raenmar wrote:A guide on healing RP that also involved actual medicine would be great. Having omnipotent magic healing everything is too boring, imo.

... Which is irrelevant to the thread thanks, you can write that individually.

Some topics to include:

• What is roleplay?
• How do you roleplay?
• Knowing your lore
• What Blizzard rules are there for RP?
• What sort of player made ‘rules’ exist in roleplay?
• Choosing a character
• Choosing a class and what role your class plays in RP

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun May 05, 2013 3:10 am

... Which is irrelevant to the thread thanks, you can write that individually.

It was in response to the post above mine.

Did you wake up and decide to be retarded today?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun May 05, 2013 7:20 am

Raenmar, replies like that doesn't really help, nor are they constructive. Besides, it isn't easy to know whom you were answering to, when that post is on the first page and yours is on second (and no quotes added).
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down