Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias brotherhood RP.

+2
Muzjhath
Ixirar
6 posters

Go down

Defias brotherhood RP. Empty Defias brotherhood RP.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:26 pm

I always wanted to ask, alliance, how comes we on the server defias brotherhood, but dont have a rp guild about them? I think their rp, and lore is great and could be nice.
What do you say?

Back to top Go down

Defias brotherhood RP. Empty Re: Defias brotherhood RP.

Post by Ixirar Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Defias Brotherhood is a dead faction because both of the VanCleeves are dead and they have absolutely 0 representation in the game world.

There's no reason why the Stonemasons would still be sticking around to cause trouble.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 pm

well they had nice quests in westfall, when cata was out, nice comeback, but still it can be a nice idea, because last quest chain is that the defias burn the main city there down, and alot of refuges are there, but will see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:14 pm

The "last quest chain" ended with you going into the deadmines and ending the faction :p
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:24 pm

well still...where one fall always a new one will rise :-(.
I

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:25 pm

I believe that there existed some groups who did Defias Brotherhood RP back in vanilla.
But since then the Brotherhood is defacto dead. And creating a different organization would be better, imo.

In essence, all of the Stonemasons guild who wanted to rebell are either dead, or have realised their mistake and stopped.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Much like the ones above said. The Defias Brotherhood have fallen twice by now. Going by the same footsteps is not wise... that is, the 'exact' footsteps. The Chapter of Holy Anethion was one of the guilds of our server that reached Legendary height, and they were based on Scarlet Crusade... but they weren't the Crusade themselves.

I am currently working in rejuvenating the Underworld, increase the criminal activity on the server. If you seriously consider creating a Defias Brotherhood guild yourself, i may be interested to join on the planing board.

As i am leaving my computer in 20 minutes, i suggest we continue the conversation about topic later. Please PM your Skypename or link it here, and i'll contact you when i am able to be in front of a computer again.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:47 pm

sadly I dont have time to lead a guild since i am in the army, and only play two times a week or so, for the skype name, i have to check ones i am home as i didnt use it for long time.
thanks anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:13 pm

The Defias Brotherhood is dead.

The opposition to the war-mongering politics of the Alliance's leaders among the common men might not be.

Wearing red bandanas for the hell of it would make little sense.

Starting uprisings in similiar Alliance villages against governments bent on overtaxing the common man is something quite different, not only realistic, but to be expected too, in harsh times.

What zones would riot?
- Redrigde/Lakeshire? Blackrock orcs invaded massive chunks of their country, and all the alliance sent them was a small bunch of adventurers. The orcs were driven out, but at the cost of the lives of Lakeshire's greatest war heroes.

- Duskwood? Ever troubled in the game's lore, even worse in server lore, with a murderous cult amidst them making even moving outside there a high risk venture, but instead of sending the cavalry to rescue the inhabitants of the land across the river, Stormwind sends it's troops to fight battles against all kinds of nonsensical enemies far off the coast, on lands the Alliance don't even have interests (before landing that is).

- Dwarven lands: Dark Iron invasion's on the doorstep of Ironforge itself, troggs everywhere, anvilmar separated from the world, dragons, elementals and orc all over the Wetlands, heck the main harbour flooded, Twilight Cultists abroad in Loch Modan. Once again inaction from the Alliance, aside from sending lone adventurers and sell-swords (it's what the average PC would be, in the setting, running around doing freelance work for cash).

- Gnomeregan: Still inhabitable. Every single gnome still a refugee. A city filled with technological marvels beyond comphrehension, the place the gnomish race once called home still prioritized lower than far off islands of questionable importance.

The list goes on. There's plenty of discontent to be roleplayed on. There's plenty of revolutions waiting to happen.

If you feel compelled by this, try to gather a few roleplayers. Find players dedicated to going through with something like this, and just get it started. It's a risky venture, rebelllion, but it could tell some powerful stories, and that's what roleplaying is all about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Alright. I to am in the army, reason i was in such a hurry to leave, and would not have time to lead guillds myself either. I am however so terrible RP-Addict that i continue planing and organizing what i can. I had some ideas how a criminal guild based on remnants of Defias could work, but i'll withdraw for now and wait should someone else attempt or suggest something i may be involved with.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:39 pm

There actually was one not too long a go, but for good reasons people just pointed and laughed at them.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Trouble is that rebel RP never seems to work out.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Like with many initiatives, rebel RP requires an active leadership. When it hasn't worked out it's usually been because the organizer has quit or otherwise lost interest.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:53 pm

That would do it XD Trouble is too that most people have a solid idea of what there char is/does and it is more or less unchanging unless someone decides to alter it themselves.

For the most part lenin/marx or even stalin could not using any means persuade a char to join the revolution.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Drustai wrote:Like with many initiatives, rebel RP requires an active leadership. When it hasn't worked out it's usually been because the organizer has quit or otherwise lost interest.

Or because the people that are being rebelled against god play and OOC you. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Lexgrad wrote:That would do it XD Trouble is too that most people have a solid idea of what there char is/does and it is more or less unchanging unless someone decides to alter it themselves.

For the most part lenin/marx or even stalin could not using any means persuade a char to join the revolution.

A lot of people expect to be able to change the world in one fell swoop. But that's not how it works. Building something like that takes time and dedication.

And frankly most of the people arguing for revolution are rather... cliche about it. This is why most people have never been able to convince Dru. The next time I hear someone saying, "The core is rotten! We must tear down Stormwind so that it might be reborn pure!" or "WE SEEK BALANCE. BECAUSE BALANCE IS COOL. YAY BALANCE." I'm going to tear my hair out.

Revolution requires a very, very deep understanding of the nature of society and what plagues it. A revolutionist needs to be able to cite specific incidents that support their argument, and to make logical and well thought out rationalizations not only for why their system is better, but also how they will actually make that system realized. You need more than just charisma, you need wisdom, vision, and a plan.

Many lack one or all of those.

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Or because the people that are being rebelled against god play and OOC you. Wink

I will admit this has happened, and I definitely don't support the people who did it. Certain previous members of a certain Stormwind establishment, and their attitude of ignoring IC action by anyone they didn't like, is something that is really quite unacceptable.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Add that being a rebel comes with a high mortality rate:
It's hard to attract anything but alts/event characters as such.

And well, to rebel, you need to have a vision of what comes after the rebellion. How you will improve society by standing up against the current powers that be.

Many have a lot rebellion in them, but no vision for the future. Without that you're nothing but a glorified highwayman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:08 pm

I dont think you need a vision for the future as such. The trouble is getting people to buy into a plot that would paint their char as anything other than exactly what they want. Even if we assume the points dru raised were completely fine, perhaps in that scenario Dru would join the revolution, but would everyone?

I am thinking of the famine event which for a time I felt was a missed opportunity for the SW community. But now I just think it was too much and to hard for most RPers to handle. Maybe revolution would be the same (though curiously I imagine that Horde revolutionaries, where the rebels will be the winning side, will transpire fine)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Revolutions have succeeded in the past, Lexgrad. Stormwind was once taken over by cultists.

The famine thing was working good, but it was too dependent on Lorainne. Once he lost interest, the whole thing collapsed.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:51 pm

You have a different idea of working good Dru Smile It was a good theme for a few events, but mostly people continued to RP as ever. Lor did good work trying to get some Revolutions going, there was a few different groups formed, I remember the ghi rags too.

Cant talk about the sphere thing, I wasnt about for it, I get the impression that the sphere had a lot of good will however and were quite popular, not saying they did not deserve it but the conclusion of an RP story line should not have anything to do with popularity.

But that is just impression, all I really know of the sphere is that "they were the best cultist ever and no one will ever be that good again".

I think the other problem with getting a revolution going is that people have their own understanding of the world they RP in, some might revolt against their feudal lords, others might RP that feudalism has never been in azeroth. I doubt there is much lore to suggest the plight of the farming community and that would lead to a various response if someone tried to use it as their cause. You could justify that the farmers live in squallier or like hobbits in the shire.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down