Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sudden idea! New cult of the damned?

+15
Vaell
Althaløs
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Drustai
Cid
Ledgic
Buren
Ara
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Flo
Rae Wulfgnar
Sullee Swiftspeech
Raelan
Coppersocket
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sudden idea! New cult of the damned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sudden idea! New cult of the damned?

Post by Buren Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

Well then, there is your difference; CotD doesnt have all kinds :p
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Sudden idea! New cult of the damned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sudden idea! New cult of the damned?

Post by Littlepip Tue May 21, 2013 11:44 am

The CotD Will be only for cultists, while I have to agreed that TFC is a great guild, they have never been really good at their socializing and teachings of Necromancy, this guild will be walking more towards this and won't go out on the field to much.
TFC might actually want to consider the fact to recruit people from our guild, but while I run things there there won't be any field work before the young have learned how to cast something as easy as a Shadow bolt or waking up the dead to serve them.

The new cult of the damned will opperate in a different matter then what the old once did, while the old one served the all mighty Lich king (Praised me his name) The new guild will lean more towards learning more about spells, research and development of spells and incarnations and not to forget alchemy!

I em hoping that Drustai or Skarain will help me out on this project since they are clearly much better then me on dark magic and much more experienced roleplayers.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Tue May 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Thorvald wrote:The new cult of the damned will opperate in a different matter then what the old once did, while the old one served the all mighty Lich king (Praised me his name) The new guild will lean more towards learning more about spells, research and development of spells and incarnations and not to forget alchemy!

Thor, if anything, immortality and power; undeath.

Also, I might be able to help out a wee bit, if anything happens at all.
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 am

Right, first of I need locations we could work with our magic and is great to socialize in, but it has to be hidden and with a dark mood in it.. So don't even think about saying Dalaran.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed May 22, 2013 8:22 am

Quick question. If this is for prologue (which it seems to be), why are you posting here?
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 am

Ledgic/Taoven wrote:Quick question. If this is for prologue (which it seems to be), why are you posting here?

This.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed May 22, 2013 8:27 am

He wants to work on something similiar on DB, after seeing how well it worked out on Prologue. Simple.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 22, 2013 8:33 am

I'd recommend he clarify it in the opening post then, since it's currently unclear.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 am

I have always been horrible at explaining things, now back to the point..

No this is not for Prologue, Prologue already have a group with the cult of the damned which is working almost perfect.
( Nothing is perfect. )

This is for Defias Brotherhood.

Last edited by Thorvald on Wed May 22, 2013 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 am

The Lich King is gone and is never coming back. A Cult of the Damned guild makes more sense for Prologue because they're still stuck in Wrath of the Lich King, while we're currently playing trough Mists of Pandaria.

What the attractedness is of keeping concepts like this alive is beyond me. It reminds me of the Illidari Resurgence on Argent Dawn, another guild concept that boggles my mind. I am worried that if people continously role-play out stories that have already been concluded in the lore, these old stories will pile up until the whole role-playing space (new concept trademark©right Thelos Bros. theorycrafting incorperated) is cluttered and there is no more space for new developments in the lore to be played out in role-play.

For the record, I'm not telling you not to go trough with this, I'm merely stating why I personally won't ever have anything to do personally with a guild concept based on a storyline that's been concluded in the lore. It's bad enough as it is that due to the nature of MMO gameplay Blizzard needed a haphazard last-minute solution to keep the Scourge alive as to explain why they're still rampant all over the place ("There must always be a Lich King" ...Gag.), and storylines that we can confidently call "concluded" or "finished" are almost non-existant in the lore due to this, which I think is a shame.

Yes, you can probably blame this attitude on me being bitter because I feel most of the potential of Pandaria has been wasted due to people prefering older storylines (Gilneas, Catacalysm; Northrend, Wrath of the Lich King) over the newer ones. This worries me because newer continents, storylines and cultures are only going to grow more refined and bettere developed from here on out, and I can already predict that they'll be largely neglected in favor of old content.

Now that you've listened to my old-man angry rant, allow me to wish you good luck with your guild! As the Pandaren say: "May you have many great adventures". Give 'em a freezing cold hell!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 22, 2013 8:51 am

Thelos wrote:Yes, you can probably blame this attitude on me being bitter because I feel most of the potential of Pandaria has been wasted due to people prefering older storylines (Gilneas, Catacalysm; Northrend, Wrath of the Lich King) over the newer ones. This worries me because newer continents, storylines and cultures are only going to grow more refined and bettere developed from here on out, and I can already predict that they'll be largely neglected in favor of old content
Amen, brother.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 am

Thelos wrote:The Lich King is gone and is never coming back. A Cult of the Damned guild makes more sense for Prologue because they're still stuck in Wrath of the Lich King, while we're currently playing trough Mists of Pandaria.

What the attractedness is of keeping concepts like this alive is beyond me. It reminds me of the Illidari Resurgence on Argent Dawn, another guild concept that boggles my mind. I am worried that if people continuously role-play out stories that have already been concluded in the lore, these old stories will pile up until the whole role-playing space (new concept trademark©right Thelos Bros. theorycrafting incorperated) is cluttered and there is no more space for new developments in the lore to be played out in role-play.

While the Lich king might lie dead before his throne the cult of the damned has not been wiped out, we only served the Lich king because we wanted to, we saw power, might and a strong will in him, but now that he is dead we just have to continue without him. The dead shall never rest, never sleep and never falter! We do not simply lie down and die, we continue to strive for our goals, whatever it might be.

The reason people might like the past better then the future can be many, My personal reason is because I like the past more then the future, it interest me more then Pandaria and the titans, the culture and the thunder king.

Edit: I have noticed that we are heading on a bad road leading out of the subject, so time to turn around and go back again to where we started.

Do you know about any good places that we can use to our guild? Were we can teach and learn.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed May 22, 2013 9:07 am

Thorvald wrote:Do you know about any good places that we can use to our guild? Were we can teach and learn.

Scholmance / Caer Darrow would be a good spot.

Any Necropolis, such as the one in Zul'drak or Dragonblight could function equally well if you want to role-play in Northrend rather than Lordaeron.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 am

I would love to be in the scholomance with a big group but last time I checked it was a dungeon only allowing five people at the time which sucks.

Caer Darrow (Which is right outside/on top of scholomance) Is already taken by TFC and is not a really ideal place to teach alchemy.

I just remembered something I saw in Duskwood crypts once, a small alchemy lab I think, maybe we end up using that as a cover over for something or we might even decide to stay there.

I also remember some place I saw in Outland once, we might also use that place since it looks great, I think it is an instance that allows up to 25 raid or even up to 40.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 am

That'd be something. The zombies invade outland!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 am

Well not In character! xD

We will just be using it to as a cover-over since it will blizzard don't want to make dungeons and(Dragons)Raids open, I wish we could have about 40 people in the dungeon.. Lets hope we can.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 am

Thorvald wrote:Well not In character! xD
What if you encounter someone who is in character in outland? Are you just going to tell them to sod off because you're somewhere else in character? That's a strange use of an open world.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 9:33 am

How would they get into the Instance first of all, we won't go to Outland In character.
In character we are still in Azeroth inside some building, I might make it so the only way to get to the base will be trough a portal.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 am

Hello.
Good luck with this, Thorvald.
Cult of the Damned can really be a fun Role-Play experience. I hope your plans turn out well.
But I do want to say one thing, however:

Thorvald wrote:
Caer Darrow (Which is right outside/on top of scholomance) Is already taken by TFC and is not a really ideal place to teach alchemy.

TFC never "took" Caer Darrow; we just role-played there. We assumed we were just a few of the many cultists whom resided within Scholomance, and thus, sometimes lurked over to Caer Darrow. So you can of course role-play there if you want, as TFC has no authority over any lore-official Cult of the Damned/Scourge territory or sub-factions/groups. TFC was just a smaller group (with it's own exclusive hierarchy and authority) of the larger Cult of the Damned.

So you don't need anyone's permission to role-play on Caer Darrow if you would like. On the contrary, I'm sure TFC would even be happy to role-play with more Scourge loyalists if they would return to Lordaeron.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 am

Great!

This means plans can continue on using the Scholomance and Caers Darrow.

*Leans back into the chair and places his feet onto the table, he moves his wizard hat over his eyes and starts to meditate on the plans. The hat being sharp enough to stick out the eye of someone.*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 11:23 am

Note to self:

Check out the following locations and see if they are useful to some degree of Roleplay:

- Scholomance If we are less then 7.
- Caers Darrow. Maybe
- Dalaran sewers. Mayhaps
- Duskwood Crypts and graveyard. Will happen one day.
- Auchindoun. Nooooo.
- Zul'drak Yes!
- Ice crown. Yes!
- Silverpine forest. :/
- Eastern plaguelands. Yes.
- The Ghostlands. Could happen one day.

Possible events:
The Altar of Damnation.
To Northrend with you!
Basic Shadow bolt training.
The history of the damned.
How to make a corpse explode.
The frozen covenant?

Last edited by Thorvald on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed May 22, 2013 12:34 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Thorvald wrote:Well not In character! xD
What if you encounter someone who is in character in outland? Are you just going to tell them to sod off because you're somewhere else in character? That's a strange use of an open world.
It's strange if you make it sound like it's some form of elitism. The likelihood of running into an RPer in Outland on DB is extremely low. If you happen to do it and you're RPing that you're elsewhere but using in game textures, you just simply tell the person that; I don't see an issue in that if the hub is unpopular. The open world isn't to scale and so using 'abandoned' hubs is a nice way of being able to rp in one section of the map but pretend it's another. WoW teaches us that it'd take like an hour to ride from the bottom of Kalimdor to the top, yet Warcraft games have days of camping.

I've found a hub for cultist activity but I can't tell you the location because I was planning on using it sometime Wink Outside Scholo is always a good shout.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 pm

It's strange if you make it sound like it's some form of elitism. The likelihood of running into an RPer in Outland on DB is extremely low. If you happen to do it and you're RPing that you're elsewhere but using in game textures, you just simply tell the person that; I don't see an issue in that if the hub is unpopular.

Yeah, this. Why try to make a problem out of it? People RP that places are other places all the time, because WoW is quite limited in terms of space. If someone comes by, you can whisper them to explain, but the likelihood is that nobody will.

You try so hard to be anti-elitist that you end up being a massive elitist on the other end of the scale.

Yes, you can probably blame this attitude on me being bitter because I feel most of the potential of Pandaria has been wasted due to people prefering older storylines (Gilneas, Catacalysm; Northrend, Wrath of the Lich King) over the newer ones. This worries me because newer continents, storylines and cultures are only going to grow more refined and bettere developed from here on out, and I can already predict that they'll be largely neglected in favor of old content.

Well, that's down to taste, really. If people enjoy older storylines, there's nothing wrong with them RPing them. Yes, Blizzard won't give them any ongoing lore (that said, we didn't even get any Worgen lore in Cata after the starting zones), but RP is about making your own story. People RP every day in SW without getting bored, so we can do it in the North.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Raenmar wrote:Well, that's down to taste, really. If people enjoy older storylines, there's nothing wrong with them RPing them.

There isn't, and I wasn't saying there is, per se.

I am just lamenting the fact that Pandaria has already faded into obscurity, with so much of its potential never having been touched by role-players. I think you can relate, seeing as tightly focused your own role-play is on a certain location.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Okay going of the topic again, turn around and go back again before we have to start deleting posts.
Also, Raenmar get back here, its boring without you.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next