Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sudden idea! New cult of the damned?

+15
Vaell
Althaløs
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Drustai
Cid
Ledgic
Buren
Ara
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Flo
Rae Wulfgnar
Sullee Swiftspeech
Raelan
Coppersocket
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sudden idea! New cult of the damned? Empty Sudden idea! New cult of the damned?

Post by Littlepip Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Cult of the Damned.

This is a plan in progress, what you read here might not happen at all and this is NOT for prologue, this is for DB.

Imagine a world without Stormwind roleplay, this sound boring right? Well in the world of Prelog no one roleplays in the great city of Stormwind, they have left it for empty and started traveling around the world without worrying about gankers and out of characters, everything that happens there is in character.
In the world of Prelouge you will find one guild in particular in Eastern and western plaguelands called the cult of the damned, this guild has only 60 people in it, some might say that is a small guild but when 60 people log in each day they often just shut up.
This guild socializes, fight, go on school where they would learn about magic, alchemy, history and not to forget how the inside of things looks likes.
The guild has their own specially made base which their GM has given them, and yes I mean both game master and Guild master.

The point.
My point is that this guild has managed for so long by just speaking between each other and having fun without going to Stormwind, they often fight the scarlet crusaders and the argent dawn too.

I want to bring this too Eastern Plaguelands once again, as I have seen many people have started returning there now for some odd reason. But this time I won’t limit the borders for our guild, since the cult of the damned has started seeing the darkens in Stormwind and Ironforge now they might start their infiltration and go south to begin their plague once again to leave an even greater mark on the world. But south is not the only way the guild goes, we go to Northrend too, having portals set up in Scholomance we can quickly travel over the different places, making it possible for us to be every were and no were at the same time.

Since this is a work in progress and might take months to set up I advise on not getting too excited about it or hate on it just yet since much might change or it might not happen at all.

Last edited by Thorvald on Wed May 22, 2013 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Sudden idea! New cult of the damned? Empty Re: Sudden idea! New cult of the damned?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:06 pm

http://www.giantitp.com/articles/rTKEivnsYuZrh94H1Sn.html
That article is about table-top RPGs, where the GM has a lot more power to tell the story as he wants to, still useful for the aspiring villain, if you "translate" certain parts to fit within an MMORPG.

That is all I have to say about the matter.

Edit:
As to Step 4 in the link, wow RP villains have to think more carefully: At what scale can I be a villain without becoming a Raid Boss (read:OP lore-raping abomination)? How can I make my evil deeds carry importance to the people involved while sticking to that scale?

Back to top Go down

Sudden idea! New cult of the damned? Empty Re: Sudden idea! New cult of the damned?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:20 pm

It's a very niche concept. You yourself were in The Frozen Covenant, albeit not in it's time of 'glory' which was a long time ago. But none the less, plucking out cultist role-players is definitely quiet difficult.

Though a point to note: We did do it wrong for some time in that regard, we never truly followed the doctrine of the damned and did not engage in much active IC conversion, i.e cultist activities. (Something worth exploring)

After all, the Cult of the Damned was an organization focused on getting involved into society and setting roots in every direction, for as much infiltration as possible. Much like the Twilight Hammer.

Right now we have only one evil cult created for Death Knights and other cultists and that is the black hand, sadly it seems this guild is only good Roleplayers.. Not good as in nice but good as in knows how to RP.

If going by what I have seen on the forum, then this assessment of the Black Hand is incorrect. I wouldn't call "good" some of the things that have been extremely bad.

Give me your thought about this and why it is a good/bad idea, should it be done and if so who should lead it?

Due to the splintering of the Scourge after the death of Ner'Zhul, the Cult of the Damned is a shadow of it's former self. Their presence is being hammered in EPL, yet, the Scourge has not yet fallen. The doctrine of the Scourge is something that I would imagine is easy to cling onto, as well as this, Scholomance is still going strong (judging by the instance) and Kel'Thuzad is still out there! Role-play a Scourge cultist would be the same as role-playing a dragon, absolute secrecy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:
After all, the Cult of the Damned was an organization focused on getting involved into society and setting roots in every direction, for as much infiltration as possible. Much like the Twilight Hammer.

I'd just like to add that this, while a lot harder, is incredibly cool if done right. When anyone can be a cultist, not just the guys running around in black hoods under the guild tag "Evil Incorporated"...

On the other hand, people going about their everyday undercover cultism within society need to have some concrete goals to work towards, or they'll be more sleepers than sleeper agents, so to speak. I know this from experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Btw: These posts are not me agreeing, nor disagreeing with your initiative, it's me telling you to be smart about it if you do choose to go ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:10 pm

But is the cult of the damned even wiped out? It's majority and base has been slaughtered, but -someone- holds the shards to the Frostmourn. I imagine it's the remnants of the Damned.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:48 pm

I think Legion is more viable than Scourge but that's just me.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Where does the shards of Frostmourne lore even come from? I always assumed that if he destroyed the most dangerous weapon ever made, and the shards had the potential to be reforged into an equally powerful weapon, Tirion would have destroyed the shards. He's not retarded.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Coppersocket wrote:But is the cult of the damned even wiped out? It's majority and base has been slaughtered, but -someone- holds the shards to the Frostmourn. I imagine it's the remnants of the Damned.

It's biggest stronghold (until further notice) is in the plaguelands where Bolvar has no control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Raenmar wrote:Where does the shards of Frostmourne lore even come from? I always assumed that if he destroyed the most dangerous weapon ever made, and the shards had the potential to be reforged into an equally powerful weapon, Tirion would have destroyed the shards. He's not retarded.
Blizzard claimed themselves that the Frostmourn shards location is not known, and that they will most likely be used as a plot device later on.
(Possible culprits: Legion, Sylvannas, and/or Cult of the Damned.)

If you want a source for where they claimed it, I have no idea. But I know I've heard/read it from either a bluepost or Blizzcon. Regardless, it's been said.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Well, I like that. It'd be great if we could get more Scourge lore.

Still seems a pretty half-assed way to go about it though. Surely someone would've considered the shards or noticed someone taking them.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:25 pm

You can't really wipe out a cult. It's not a breed, it's a mentality.

I would say, as my only criticism, find a niche. Just being a generic Cult of the Damned remake isn't as exciting as having some major goal that differs you from things like the Black Hand. Good luck.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Coppersocket wrote:
Raenmar wrote:Where does the shards of Frostmourne lore even come from? I always assumed that if he destroyed the most dangerous weapon ever made, and the shards had the potential to be reforged into an equally powerful weapon, Tirion would have destroyed the shards. He's not retarded.
Blizzard claimed themselves that the Frostmourn shards location is not known, and that they will most likely be used as a plot device later on.
(Possible culprits: Legion, Sylvannas, and/or Cult of the Damned.)

If you want a source for where they claimed it, I have no idea. But I know I've heard/read it from either a bluepost or Blizzcon. Regardless, it's been said.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2525-World-of-Warcraft-Lore-and-Story-Q-A

I just read the Sylvanas Windrunner short story, what happened to the Shards of Frostmourne?
It wasn't specifically adressed in the story, I don't think we've adressed it in the lore. Some very smart people in the lore picked these things up and took them somewhere safe and I imagine there might be some shenanigans one day, with some people trying to reforge it one day, and that's all I know about it ...

The Cult of the Damned concept as a whole is a unique one that's relatively difficult to execute and implement properly. You don't need many people however to reflect the current lore status of the Cult of the Damned, 2-3 committed role-players causing havoc behind the scenes is how at least in my eyes the Cult of the Damned would be acting right now, were it to be role-played out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:15 pm

I have an alt available who is intrigued by necromancy. I just don't know if I have time...
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Well seems like this actually might happen.. I still won't be the leader thought, I only give of the ideas or give people a small spark of imagination to create an idea or event.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:30 am

Clydas wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:

I'd just like to add that this, while a lot harder, is incredibly cool if done right. When anyone can be a cultist, not just the guys running around in black hoods under the guild tag "Evil Incorporated"...

On the other hand, people going about their everyday undercover cultism within society need to have some concrete goals to work towards, or they'll be more sleepers than sleeper agents, so to speak. I know this from experience.

^ This. It would be nice to have a proper cultist organization again that works on converting instead of mass murdering and blowing up villages. It gets a little tiring chasing 'cultists' who are too murderous and poetic, who are too chaotic evil instead of intelligent evil.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Thorvald wrote:Well seems like this actually might happen.. I still won't be the leader thought, I only give of the ideas or give people a small spark of imagination to create an idea or event.
Projects like these won't happen unless you grip it by the balls and make it happen. Attention-spans are fickly things, none more so than among RPers, and unless you're statisfied with the odd two meetings after which it just withers away you'll have to do more than just 'spark imagination'.

Roleplayers are always full of ideas, but lack people who actually make those happen.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Then I better get my gloves for if there is no one out there who will do it for me I will do it my self!

*Grabs someones balls*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue May 07, 2013 12:54 pm

A think such a guild would offer great rp to everyone. Would give more ic war collisions between the forces who fight for evil and the forces that fight for good. Im only aware of one current evil cult group thats active and thats the Black Hand. More evil groups the more battle rp to be done for military orders when it comes to onc side ooc faction rp where pvp cant be done. Also the evil groups could cooperate if lore and ic reason sees it fit bringing the evil rpers together.
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 pm

TFC Going active again in northrend
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue May 21, 2013 10:24 am

*Bump*

Updated! Read the text and rejoice, the idea might finally happen.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 am

The Frozen Covenent is the Old Cult of the Dammed.It's active up in Northrend and shall be destroied by the Wardens of the Blade.
So..join the TFC for your scourge needs or Wardens for your ebon needs
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 am

Kyrby wrote:The Frozen Covenent is the Old Cult of the Dammed.It's active up in Northrend and shall be destroied by the Wardens of the Blade.
So..join the TFC for your scourge needs or Wardens for your ebon needs

I thought TFC are DKs. Cult of the Damned arent DKs, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, THOR, recruit people to CotD on Prologue instead Smile

Anyhow. TBH after RPing CotD on Prologue the thought struck me aswell, although one might want to actually put a lot more thought into the process and refine it.. Since these are different days, LK is dead.. "His will, our hands" doesnt really work the same way anymore, unless they actually know that he isnt dead, and if that is the case they now serve Bolvar, thus not evil.
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 21, 2013 10:55 am

Nope..TFC formally AotD appealed to all walks of scourge worshipers .From your naughty Necromancers to an odd Lich and even odder bunch of nutter DK's Razz

Also damm you.lost enough RPers to AD and inactivity..don't advertise for another server

Last edited by Kyrby on Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next