Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reporting OOCer's

+18
Sohan
Finnabhair
Sabien
Dréfurion
Sullee Swiftspeech
Lexgrad
Grufftoof
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Ixirar
Vaell
siegmund
Thrakha
Anivitas
Gogol
Buren
Cid
Raenmar
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Reporting OOCer's - Page 6 Empty Re: Reporting OOCer's

Post by Vaell Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Sabien wrote:That would be telling now wouldnt it? Never ask a lady her age., but Im probably a lot older than most of you and yes Lex I probably am.
Then don't bring age up! It's quite irrelevant when it comes to WoW considering most people have the same amount of experience.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri May 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Sabien wrote:That would be telling now wouldnt it? Never ask a lady her age., but Im probably a lot older than most of you and yes Lex I probably am.

\o/

But I do agree, age makes a big difference I find to the quality of RP. Generally imo anyway.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri May 03, 2013 7:35 pm

age makes a big difference I find to the quality of RP.

Fuck you, Lex.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Fri May 03, 2013 7:36 pm

age is not irrelevant when it comes to communication, I agree that in game it largely doesnt matter, as you so petulantly put it Vaell, experience is near enough the same. But age does give you more experience to deal with some of the situations both in game and on the forums. It also has disadvantages, never did I think for a moment that people wouldnt know the definition of devils advocate...funny that as teenagers think they know it all anyway. (a tongue in cheek joke before anyone goes off in another strop.)
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 pm

never did I think for a moment that people wouldnt know the definition of devils advocate...

I knew it Sad
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri May 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Raenmar wrote:
age makes a big difference I find to the quality of RP.

Fuck you, Lex.

haha sorry Raen, I did say generally there are lots of differences and other factors influence RP too, like life experiences ect.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Fri May 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Raenmar wrote:
never did I think for a moment that people wouldnt know the definition of devils advocate...

I knew it Sad

I know sweetie I love you
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Lexgrad wrote:

\o/

But I do agree, age makes a big difference I find to the quality of RP. Generally imo anyway.

I disagree. There are some younger people I'd much prefer to RP with than people who are older, tbh. Just because they're older doesn't mean they offer better quality RP.

And clearly, age does not guarantee maturity. Because that's what it is when the old folks come out and go "lololol u kids u no understand me im oldur lolololol u no idea wut u talk about": immaturity.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Well you owe me for the war so there!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Farelin/Dijie wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

\o/

I disagree. There are some younger people I'd much prefer to RP with than people who are older, tbh. Just because they're older doesn't mean they offer better quality RP.

And clearly, age does not guarantee maturity. Because that's what it is when the old folks come out and go "lololol u kids u no understand me im oldur lolololol u no idea wut u talk about": immaturity.

steady on love, I said older but not as ancient as youre making out. Never ever said lol or kids dont understand me, personally i dont ask "how old are you?" before RP'ing with someone.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Fri May 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Unfortunately, age is no guarantee for maturity.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri May 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Sabien wrote:steady on love, I said older but not as ancient as youre making out. Never ever said lol or kids dont understand me, personally i dont ask "how old are you?" before RP'ing with someone.

Really?

Sabien wrote:Ixirar..I really dont know what your problem is with me. I was asking a question is all. No need for the aggression and stuff.
Kids!

I'm not your "love" so take your patronizing tone and keep it away from me.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Farelin why so much rage?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri May 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Because certain people have blown the purpose of this thread way out of proportion and it frustrates me how they don't see it and keep thinking they're right and won't listen when others try to point out HOW they're misinterpreting it.

And then they start throwing their numbers around (or implied numbers) and claiming "kids" don't know any better. My stepdad pulls this shit on me all the time and he's an ignorant jackass because he doesn't know half as much as he thinks he does about what's happened in my life.

...and other things going on in my life right now that I don't want to talk about. I do not have my usual sunny disposition today and what happened in this thread frustrated me.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 10:13 pm

I find this discussion, this derailing, lack of respect for another persons opinion, constant inability to accept another perspective, constant inability to not have the last word as what's essentially the poorest reflection DefiasRP, not the thread itself.

Please post things that are not related here in their own threads and/or General Chat where they belong.

I will be opening a new thread of the same topic later and requesting that the discussion had here does not have to be repeated.

I repeat myself for the last and final time:
If you agree with the idea, and that is to put names here of people that break the RP realm policy for others to report for a free name change, (nobody is 'shaming' anybody).

If you don't agree, well then, congratulations for having an opinion, that doesn't mean you are entitled in shoving it in everybody else's face.

With that said, I'm requesting both a lock on the thread, and warnings to be looked into for distribution to those constantly derailing threads with what I'd essentially call garbage. This happens on so many threads on DefiasRP and they get clogged up with completely off-topic posts, funnily enough from the same 1-2 people as well.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat May 04, 2013 12:01 am

Or better yet, don't lock it and rename the thread "OOC Reporting Discussion" and the other one "OOC Reporting official." - if this one dies out naturally then so be it but as a forum, by nature, is built for discussion - not all of the opinions would have been voiced so far so it's better to give a thread for that to be allowed rather than expecting people to just keep hushed.

If you want hushed, don't post on a public forum. Discussion is healthy.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am

I agree with Vaell tbh. You want to much control dude, just relax and let Defias RP do its thing. If you make a new thread likely it will go off topic too and you cant do anything to stop that and besides which you cant just post and have an "agree with me or get lost" attitude.

Also in the spirit of the Thread, who are the one or two?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 12:53 am

Lock request remains standing. If you want to discuss said topic open a different thread.

Thanks.

Healthy discussion is fine, the past four pages of going around in circles isn't a discussion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat May 04, 2013 1:20 am

Just remember that every thread on the forum is open to some criticism. It's your choice if a thread gets locked but I wouldn't be surprised if your new thread had people posting shit in.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Sat May 04, 2013 5:09 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:

If you don't agree, well then, congratulations for having an opinion, that doesn't mean you are entitled in shoving it in everybody else's face.

Erm... Vangrel, I think that could be said for both sides. You asked for people's opinion on the matter, right? Then you will see people who disagree with yours. Doesn't necessarily mean they 'shove it in your face'. A discussion is nothing without something to disagree about between sides.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 5:26 am

There is a difference between discussing something and re-posting the same thing typed differently, Darilas!

If you don't value your time haha, and look over the past five or so pages, you'll see that nothing new is being said and I've been forced to answer the exact same queries.

I call that shoving, not discussing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat May 04, 2013 7:32 am

Vaell wrote:Just remember that every thread on the forum is open to some criticism. It's your choice if a thread gets locked but I wouldn't be surprised if your new thread had people posting shit in.

This really. It wouldn't help despite how many threads that gets locked, some would still think of it as RP police, controlfreaks and elitism if we don't provide a more constructive way of doing this (which is what people joke about DefiasRP to be, really. The "elitist clubhouse" and all that chatter). Anyone care to post that link I provided on the realm forum, possibly in the "RP for starters" whatnot threads, and you MIGHT see a difference.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat May 04, 2013 10:59 am

I'll lock this as requested, however, I also stated in this thread that if a wall of names is created, I will delete the thread. That stands, if you want to report all the ooc names, just do it and keep it in-game.

Sadly some people will be getting PMs about their conduct in this thread as well.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum: