Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reporting OOCer's

+18
Sohan
Finnabhair
Sabien
Dréfurion
Sullee Swiftspeech
Lexgrad
Grufftoof
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Ixirar
Vaell
siegmund
Thrakha
Anivitas
Gogol
Buren
Cid
Raenmar
22 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Reporting OOCer's Empty Reporting OOCer's

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 pm

After a good discussion with Mudija in Horde side 'LFRP', I've decided to put together a thread where we will essentially post the names of OOC names, and report them en masse.

Secondly, if any OOC in /s /e or /y is reported (when the point is to grief RP events), they are encouraged to be posted here to be reported en masse as well.

Mudija has clarified that each report will be seen when at least THREE people report it.

All OOC names both of characters & guild names should be put here so they can be reported. If we work together on doing this, then it can work out very well.

Thanks.

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Reporting OOCer's Empty Re: Reporting OOCer's

Post by Raenmar Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 pm

This is fucking horrible.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Err... As much as I'm for RP rules and all that, you cannot get away from the fact that this is also a PvP server. People will always have some oddly named characters when their imagination runs out.

Personally I'd suggest something more constructive:
http://www.20000-names.com/

Have fun with that.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm

I see what you are trying to do. However I think it is extreme, too extreme. I'm also too tired to elaborate right now.
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:28 pm

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/role-play-realm-policy

People can name themselves whatever they want, within the confines of the RP policy. If it's an outright stupid name, it can, and should be reported.

1)

Naming

Non-Medieval/Fantasy Character Names
This category includes any Non-Medieval or Non-Fantasy names (i.e. Slipnslide, Robotman, Technotron).

If a player is found to have such a name, he/she may:

Be assigned a randomly generated name
Be given the appropriate additional penalty if the name violates standard naming rules.

2)

Real World Referencing Names
This category includes both clear and masked names which are references to very well known people, characters, places, or icons (i.e. Britneyspears, Austinpowers, Mcdonalds, Benjamindisraeli, Londontown)

If a player is found to have such a name, he/she may:

Be assigned a randomly generated name
Be given the appropriate additional penalty if the name violates standard naming rules.

Edit: Buren, is it extreme to force renames on people with stupid names? Or to effectively stop people who waltz into RP events spamming in public channels?

These are the realm policies, I am only asking for them to be jointly enforced seeing as realistically, Blizzard does not do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Progression is following the whipped will of the devil! Such extreme new thinking must be a sin. You Vangrel is a degenerate.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 pm

I resent that. Fight me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 pm

I think putting down names of people who grief R.P is fair enough, I'm talking real griefing not "AMG HE GANK ME" as I do have to agree with Cid, in the end this is a pvp realm. But aye, putting down griefers names is a good idea.

Trying to report people for having non-rp names is a little pointless if you ask me, not just because I don't really think it will go anywhere, but more so because there is just so many people with non-rp names on Defias, probably more then people with -actual- rp names.

Just my opinion, I'm not one to dictate others.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm not speaking about reporting PvPer's. I am specifically mentioning:

OOC player & guild names.

OOC in public channels.

The targeting of role-playing events by same faction people and general OOC behavior.

If enough people report all three above, Blizzard will take action. It just has to be done in numbers.

PvP cannot be reported for, and that's not the discussion at hand!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Secondly, if any OOC in /s /e or /y is reported (especially with the point of griefing RP events), they are encouraged to be posted here to be reported en masse as well.

Could you maybe restrict that to 'only when it involves griefing RP'?

It is an inescapable fact that a substantial amount of the server population don't RP. Most of them aren't trying to make our lives difficult. They're just there, playing the game.

Being bad neighbours to the non-RPers who share the server with us, isn't going to make our situation any better. All it'll do is push people toward the opinion that the hardcore RP'ers are just as unreasonable as the griefers.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Yeah since i teld to OOC in /say /Y etc all the time when not RPing and not being close to any RP group or so.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Thrakha wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:Secondly, if any OOC in /s /e or /y is reported (especially with the point of griefing RP events), they are encouraged to be posted here to be reported en masse as well.

Could you maybe restrict that to 'only when it involves griefing RP'?

It is an inescapable fact that a substantial amount of the server population don't RP. Most of them aren't trying to make our lives difficult. They're just there, playing the game.

Being bad neighbours to the non-RPers who share the server with us, isn't going to make our situation any better. All it'll do is push people toward the opinion that the hardcore RP'ers are just as unreasonable as the griefers.

You're right. It's not my intention to support separation in the community at all, I have modified it to make it clearer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah that's what I was getting at as well, modified version makes more sense. Good luck with this.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 am

What's this meant to achieve?

People are named and shamed, they're forced to change their names, and then what? They still aren't RPers. They'll have been fucked over by the 'RP community', which really doesn't make people like us or want to be a part of it.

OOC names don't affect us, and forcing people to change them does nothing except reinforce the idea that RPers are elitist.

If you want to report them when you see them go ahead, that's a completely different thing. But this would be a waste of time and effort, only to make people hate RP.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 am

Raenmar wrote:They'll have been fucked over by the 'RP community', which really doesn't make people like us or want to be a part of it.

OOC names don't affect us, and forcing people to change them does nothing except reinforce the idea that RPers are elitist.

If you want to report them when you see them go ahead, that's a completely different thing. But this would be a waste of time and effort, only to make people hate RP.

OOC names bother you if the other one is a somewhat new RPer? Tell them to get TRP2/MRP, no biggie. But locking people out of the RP community because of an OOC name wont exactly promote us. Personally I dont lock people outside Scarlet Dawn because they have an OOC name. Rather I see it like "hey.. maybe this person is new to RP, great!". Which is indeed good, in time they too will learn this flaw and on their own WILL name change.

I also dont see why we need to make up a list of them, thats every more.. well, I dont know what to say, its wierd. Maybe I can agree that I can compromise about griefing, however they too might at some point grow some balls and understand what they are doing. Well, its a long shot. But those that grief will already be ignored by those people, making up a mass list of ignore that only a select few will follow doesnt serve much of a greater purpose.

Then again.. I also see how this list could be valid if this person is a really big griefer. I hate to name and shame, but some do need to be reported in order to understand what they are doing, they need the warning..
Spoiler:
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 am

Yeah, names don't bother me too much. I'll list OOC griefers who disrupt RP though.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 am

The nazis did this with the Jews. Horrible it was, butthe method was effective? No one has suggested locking people out of the rp community, merely trying to organise a aid in the enforcement of official Blizzard RP-PVP server rules. Let it be known DB is no longer accepting Jamesbond and Tombombadil- they recive their (free of charge) enforced name change and then are more than welcome to continue their time onDB And if that does not suit them I am sure Lexgrad would welcom all Laracrofts, Gimli and Legolassss'es on AD.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 am

#Free Steviewonder 2013
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 am

Oh vangrel, you silly boy.

The people you've made this thread for are reading this right now, and having a jolly good time doing so. Expect more RP griefers over the following days or weeks, because it's working, and that delights them.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Oh vangrel, you silly boy.

The people you've made this thread for are reading this right now, and having a jolly good time doing so. Expect more RP griefers over the following days or weeks, because it's working, and that delights them.
This is actually a very good point. You should have probably kept it on this forum. Picture yourself bored on WoW and a non-rper, you see it as the film 'Role Models' portrays, and you come across that thread on the official forums...
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:28 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:I will list out a few reasons why I believe role-playing is decaying on Defias Brotherhood, with some evaluation/personal experience behind each reason.

Reason number one.

DefiasRP. This forum has existed as a method of segregating the DB community into two (or more), the RP community versus "the rest" mentality is now completely ingrained within the mindset of most people. One only needs to flick through the DB realm forum to understand how cut off most players feel from those who actively engage in RP (in a general way) and what sort of perspective they have of us, (elitist, etc). I don't think that does anybody justice or promotes the realm in a better light.

DefiasRP has also been responsible for effectively killing the realm forum for multiple years, thus, highly cutting down on how people perceive the realm forum and in general make any first impression of the realm. PvP threads with retards whining at each other, yep, great first impression for possible role-players seeking to re-roll. The lack of using the realm forum has also dried up the amount of potential people to into role-play, for the reasons mentioned above (apparent project of exclusivity alongside lack of presence on the realm forum).

Vangrel Lansire wrote:After a good discussion with Mudija in Horde side 'LFRP', I've decided to put together a thread where we will essentially post the names of OOC names, and report them en masse.

Secondly, if any OOC in /s /e or /y is reported (when the point is to grief RP events), they are encouraged to be posted here to be reported en masse as well.

Mudija has clarified that each report will be seen when at least THREE people report it.

All OOC names both of characters & guild names should be put here so they can be reported. If we work together on doing this, then it can work out very well.

Thanks.

I can't help but see the irony.

seriously, lets bring out the RP Police.

this idea hasn't worked when people tried it in vanilla, it won't work now. its stupid, its silly, its antagonising, it is elitist.

live and let live.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 pm

I can't help but see the irony.

You're trying to hard to see a non-existent irony. Calling out for people to report those griefing events, those with stupid as fuck OOC names and guild names has nothing to do with keeping the two communities apart.

I've met far more level-headed and decent players (who do not RP) but selected grand names on DB. The people generally with ridiculous names tend to behave in the same manner. Did not Goon Squad have all sorts of fruits and vegetables at one point?

This isn't the RP police. There is a set of guidelines given to an RP realm, this is a method of enforcing them.

The nazis did this with the Jews

Except that the Jews did nothing wrong. Those I am, and will report are those who break the realm policy in favor of disrupting and harassing other role-players.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:This isn't the RP police. There is a set of guidelines given to an RP realm, this is a method of enforcing them.
Isn't that exactly what "the police" does? Enforcing rules and stuff?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Vangrel, make your public shaming post on the official realm forums then.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:53 pm

I find that there's a difference between viably using the report function against those who actively break the ToS/Realm Policy & "policing" the realm. This isn't really "policing" though is it? It's not our own rule-set I want to see enforced, it's not an additional set of rules against "bad role-players", it's the policy that's rarely ever enforced by Blizzard.

Mudija re-affirmed in-game that if multiple people report the same name it will get changed.

We're also not Blizzard employees, so our "policing" or "enforcement" is within the confines of those who break the policy.

Also, as a side note, I'm not going to be "defending" this perspective any longer. If you do not wish to help, then don't, I'm sure those who do, will. Thanks, over and out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum