Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderators on DefiasRP

+9
Ledgic
Lavian
Grim
Coppersocket
Raelan
Grufftoof
Ixirar
Drustai
Raene
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Moderators on DefiasRP Empty Moderators on DefiasRP

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:19 am

Hello.

I'm slightly confused as to why Geldar and Eira are moderators when they don't moderate, and for that matter, Morgeth as well.

Can I/anybody else curious be enlightened as to why the moderator staff has moderators that do not moderate the forum and in the case of Geldar have completely departed from the server?

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Moderators on DefiasRP Empty Re: Moderators on DefiasRP

Post by Raene Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:26 am

Why are you doing this...?

Why are you deliberately poking at something that does not affect anyone?

Why, are you deliberately antagonizing staff that have no doubt put time and effort into this site previously, and more than likely still put work into it behind the scenes that us peons cannot see?

Why, are you picking a fight with the moderators. You're not doing this to better DefiasRP, you're doing it to kick up a shitstorm about shit that matters to nobody.

Listen, everyone who's reading this, do not post in this thread. Do not feed this fire, and just let it die immediately.

Do not think you are funny by reiterating my post with your snarky banter. Do not attack him and poke him into replying with his own bile and hatred. Do not give this thread the time of day to even bother typing out a reply.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:31 am

I think I have an equal say in the matter of the forum as any other member, and if I'm not allowed to ask inquiries about the moderation of the forum, then well, no thank you and I'd rather leave.

As with a previous PM I am simply insuring that my question is reasonably answered without it simply being ignored, the same as my inquiry about my ban from the moderator that gave it to me.

If you, or the staff are antagonized by a simple inquiry regarding the moderation of this forum then you ought to calm down.

you're doing it to kick up a shitstorm

I am sure if people over-react and jump the gun then there will be a shit storm.

I want to know why we have moderators who do not moderate and are not even listed as moderators. DefiasRP used to have a bad reputation for moderators being moderators due to their friendship/ties what-not.

It is detrimental that moderators on any forum are impartial, balanced and objective. Taking into account everything posted on 8 pages of the 'Why don't you role-play' thread - I find that knowing why our moderators are inactive/not moderating is a reasonable inquiry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:34 am

For the record.

Here's a quote from Geldars last public post back in November.

Also, again, I want to stress the fact that I am NOT a moderator but an administrator doing the technical work required for the forum/site/groups/members. I do not involve myself with moderating the community in any form or way. And I have never pretended to be active in the community when I am not, you can read the above answers I provided Vaell's post with for reference.

As for Eira's moderator status, I'm not even going to look through her posts for a hint at what she does as you've clearly not done any research when you accused Geldar of being a useless asset, and this thread is not worth the time to read through Eira's 3000 posts.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:36 am

Why am I actually defending the moderators from you? What makes you qualified to judge the work of people who've been on this forum for years before you even applied to join. People who no doubt have put a ton of time and effort into it, and don't need to be put under scrutiny by what is basically a very poor troll.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 am

I am sorry, 'technical' issues does not qualify as an ample explanation to me. I'm sure Geldar still visits the forum and/or another member more in tune can explain properly.

Neither do I believe it, I have no beef with him personally as we settled our things a long time ago after a conversation - But that does not stop me from being curious as to why there are 'invisible' people with moderator privileges.

What makes you qualified to judge the work of people who've been on this forum for years before you even applied to join

I am as any member allowed to make a simple inquiry as to what some moderators do or don't do no? Or perhaps we should simply assume there are people with moderating privileges while there is a huge possibility they in fact contribute nothing?

If DefiasRP is to maintain growth then it has to have active and contributing moderators and staff, I feel that's sort of logical and makes sense.

I am just raising a pointer.

and don't need to be put under scrutiny by what is basically a very poor troll.

So criticism and the raising of an inquiry ought not to be allowed because they have put in a large amount of time? This sub-forum is created for exactly that, inquiries. I am sure the kind staff will see it as such and not be silly and lock it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:09 am

Me and Vangrel took this into a private chat where we debated at length this thread, and certain other topics that I will not go into as he has requested my silence and I intend to respect that.

For the most part, we did not come to a mutual conclusion on this, and are still at opposite ends of this debate, but this is where my input stops and the input from a moderator begins.

I'd love the irony if Eira was the one to respond first
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:19 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7170937132

This thread first started out as a good discussion, then an interesting discussion and then finally almost as an answer to "what's wrong with the server".

I have found that in my understanding for the server to grow and as such for DefiasRP to grow as a forum (I don't even like the damn thing, but the fact that the majority of the realms people are here is why I used it, in recent times I copy paste everything on the Blizzard realm forum)

But if DefiasRP as a forum must grow it requires objective, impartial moderators who are there based on current merit, not past merit.

I want to know why three of the people have moderator/administrative powers currently on DefiasRP while their personal visibility is almost zero.

Finally
DefiasRP Forum
In here you can write suggestions on changes to the forums, ask questions to the moderators, write if you have any forum issues and find topics related to the forum and moderation.

It's fully on topic, I'm not flaming anybody, making an inquiry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 am

It is a legitimate question. There's no need to be so hostile, Senariul.

There have been previous incidents of individuals remaining in usergroups long after they had ceased participating in the usergroup's activities, and thus continuing to have access to information that they should no longer have access to. This is something that should be avoided. Geldar I'm aware does administrative work, so should be no reason to remove him, but if other members are inactive then they should be pruned.

That being said, it's possible they are active behind the scenes, as not every moderator activity is public. If that's the case, then obviously there is no problem. There is nothing wrong with asking, though.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:28 am

#Coppersocket2013

#Copper4mod

#Copper&Drustai4abetterfuture
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:51 am

Senariul wrote:#Coppersocket2013

#Copper4mod

#mostretardedretort2013

Grats m8
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:55 am

Moderators on DefiasRP Tumblr_ljrs62Ua4i1qcvjbk

Still, this is coming from someone who's entire post was #mostretartedretort2013?

Ixirar, you're an unfunny talentless waster with no redeeming qualities except for your ability to piss people off. GTFO you horrible horrible human being.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

There is action behind the scenes. There is admin (which is worthwhile, and is limited to (I believe) three of so people total - Geldar included).

I don't think where this headed quickly (see the last couple of posts) was useful, intelligent or had any relevance.

The OP has made an (quite) interesting post on the Blizz DB forums. That's good. There is some interesting talk there. There's also a lost of utter shit (so it's not that different to here). There are plenty of people with an idea (wrong) that this forum is either useless or run by a limited clique who use it as some circle jerk. The Blizz forums (Just like these) have conspiracy, paranoia and stupidity. They always have, to be fair.

There are people here, and/orar vocal on the Blizz forums, who believe that they have way more impact and import on other people's game than they do. The fact that your Blizz DB thread shows that there are many similarities between players is a positive. Titles (RP, PVP etc) are for the main, meaningless - millstones some carry for little reason.

I would say, however that we don't moderate these forums to have a negative impact on the game for people. We moderate them to have a positive one. We try to herd the cats of RP into something of a community, using the tools of this forum and shooing away those people who (I think we can all agree?) have no place here (these are no "lol-rpers" or even "noobs" but people who actively troll and attack for "fun").

DefiasRP continues to take new members. More are welcome. Cool. I know, because I help deal with Registration. That numbers of intake slow is true, but so do they in game. This is an old game, afterall. Numbers tend to increase with a newly launched guild or RP concept - get out there, make that happen, I guess!

I believe there is some noble intent from you Ephitos/Vangrel. I believe you do want to see RP thrive. But I also believe you see yourself as the saviour ("look at my posts on the Blizzard forum, look other people say "yes" so I am right") and as something of a martyr. Your ideas don't always get going, and so people are against you, or not of the highest calibre - high and lofty aims, but (sometimes truthfully) let down by the fact the people behind the pixels are fallible. However, I do also believe you have a truckload of axes to grind against people who have (in some cases) behaved poorly towards you, and you towards them. Past differences, future problems.

This post just goes too close towards that idea for me. The kernel of nobility, of an actual message, but lost.

I've no doubt been more eloquent in reply, and quite possibly some won't like my tone of reply. But I (like the people I mention above) am fallible. I am also a moderator, and can say that the team works well, some quietly, but the forums are better for their input.

*reach around*
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 am

This post just goes too close towards that idea for me. The kernel of nobility, of an actual message, but lost.

So why not just give a clearer reply on whether the moderators are currently actively working with the DefiasRP Staff team in helping, and contributing and their names aren't there for whatever reasons both I and other people can complain about.

I don't think where this headed quickly (see the last couple of posts) was useful, intelligent or had any relevance.

Not my intention, this has been an inquiry.

DefiasRP continues to take new members. More are welcome. Cool. I know, because I help deal with Registration. That numbers of intake slow is true, but so do they in game. This is an old game, afterall. Numbers tend to increase with a newly launched guild or RP concept - get out there, make that happen, I guess!

This, is the most important point in your post from my perspective Grumphoof. It stands above your psychoanalysis of me as well which I will respond to later, and it outlines my entire belief of Defias Brotherhood.

DefiasRP has admittedly played an integral role in evolving the Defias Brotherhood role-playing community, but it has also helped butcher a huge part of it. Turning away the community from using the realm forum has killed the visibility of the role-players from the general populace, it has helped create a divide between role-players and the rest of the community.

If you read the thread you can see the reins of division and the perspective that has been developed of this forum and the people on it. If you read the thread the words that come up are 'cliche' and 'elitists'.

My inquiry is simple, if DefiasRP is to grow and begin to integrate more of the realm as the thin ice we're treading on with many, many people visiting the realm forum breaks, will the moderating staff over an impartial, unbiased, and accountable approach?

Finally, if there is going to be a 'group' entitled moderators then it's best every single person in that group posts in the list of moderators as to what they do.

I'm sorry I am not as trusting as you, but you obviously know more than I do as you are indeed a moderator.

I believe there is some noble intent from you Ephitos/Vangrel. I believe you do want to see RP thrive. But I also believe you see yourself as the saviour ("look at my posts on the Blizzard forum, look other people say "yes" so I am right")

Nah, you've misunderstood. It's more like feeling like I'm part of a very small group of people who actually give a genuine fuck about role-play on Defias Brotherhood, while everybody sits with their thumbs inside their asses waiting for things to happen.

And as something of a martyr.

You'll have to elaborate on this, I have a ton of information/backup/people to back up what I have written in every sphere on the forum - There is no agenda to self-victimize myself to score points with other people in a shitty situation and who have been turned off role-play by poor actions, or for the key words above, 'elitism' & 'cliche'.

However, I do also believe you have a truckload of axes to grind against people who have (in some cases) behaved poorly towards you, and you towards them. Past differences, future problems.

Not the focus of this thread, I want to see accountability and I want to see why there are moderators who visibly contribute nothing. This isn't the CIA, everybody has a right to know who is a moderator and why.

I've no doubt been more eloquent in reply, and quite possibly some won't like my tone of reply. But I (like the people I mention above) am fallible. I am also a moderator, and can say that the team works well, some quietly, but the forums are better for their input.

Be blunt, it doesn't matter. It's better than tip-toeing around things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am

Mods crack down on everything, bitch and moan.
Mods don't crack down on everything, still bitch and moan.

GG Ephitos.

(Oh and while I'll grant you your thread on Realm forums is a good one, some of the things you claimed in there crack me up so hard)
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 am

Senariul wrote:#Coppersocket2013

#Copper4mod

You got a bone to pick with me?
As for modding, you've no idea what I'd be like as a mod. Not that I want the spot to begin with, but you'd be basing it on assumptions.

Senariul wrote:Ixirar, you're an unfunny talentless waster with no redeeming qualities except for your ability to piss people off. GTFO you horrible horrible human being.
I think you should sit back, reread every post in this thread after having been out on a walk, and had a cup of coffee or tea. Think through everything that has been written here, and ponder upon this. Perhaps you would come to a different conclusion to who is what currently.

Your over-defensive position on this, and your over aggression upon anyone you don't seem to agree with, is not beneficial to anything- just destructive. Your defending something that doesn't need to be defended, as it can defend itself way better itself than you can, it.
So chill the fuck out.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:48 am

Lol.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:22 pm

For the record Copper? I'm being geniunely (somewhat half) serious when I said I want you as a Mod. Not only would it be Hi-fucking-larious watching you moderate but there'd be some geniune righteous fury laid down upon bullshit that goes on around here.

Nothing against you, at all. I think you're actually kind of awesome.

*End brown-nosing*

Edit: For the record, you might think me blatantly millitant with my replies here but you are not privvy to what was said in private chat between myself and Vangrel. I understand that you think I might be super RAWR face over the Moderator issue, but I'm not taking a step back and letting Ixirar get away with blatantly calling me retarded. Sure, my hashtag post was in jest when I said it, but it was a light hearted joke with my solution to fix the forum and this issue. Drustai is amazeballs, and you're so well grounded that you could Earth the National Grid. I wasn't picking on anybody, until Ix came in here and made it personal.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Hello.

I'm slightly confused as to why Geldar and Eira are moderators when they don't moderate, and for that matter, Morgeth as well.

Can I/anybody else curious be enlightened as to why the moderator staff has moderators that do not moderate the forum and in the case of Geldar have completely departed from the server?

Thanks in advance.

I've only read the first post so this is what I will respond off of until I get to read the rest. Was gone most of last night and only just found out about this now.

Some Moderators work behind the scenes without lighting a torch to indicate every little thing they're doing. I've had my fair share of editing and trimming down shitstorms/posts/fulfilling other peoples requests via PM's and other tasks. Yet I have no obligation to wave a torch infront of your face and to give you my life story of every little thing I do on these forums. There were infact more moderator's in the past who did this as well before life commitments took over for them. Granted I am not as vocal these days yet behind the scenes is a thing. The more you know.

In truth in recent times the forums have been more quiet than they usually tend to be. Then your ban ended. You're a guy with a personal grudge against me and I know it all too well that you're probably going to be pretty relentless about this. Maybe "personal grudge" is too strong of words, but your past actions have made it clear you don't exactly have it well for me. As noted I do expect you to not give this up because you're too persistant in your "causes" to cease.

I'll read the rest later and update it as I can.

So to sum it up. Your question. I moderate. I just don't do it to your personal convenience.

Last edited by Eira Vanimedle on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Hokay!

First off, Ixirar, I'd appreciate it if you didn't respond to Senariul. That isn't what this thread is for.

And now to the matter at hand.

I can appreciate that people might feel that some of those that moderate this forum aren't present enough on said forum, at least not in the eyes of some of our memberbase, so I'll just explain in brief about those mentioned.

Geldar - It's true that he isn't present on Defias (for the most part) but it's also true that he has no input where moderation, decisions or forum structure are concerned. He retains his place as an administrator simply because he performs those duties. He responds to the email alerts the forum sends our way just as promptly as Saihna or I do. There is no harm in having one other person to handle a piece of admin work when neither Saihna or myself are present. What he does doesn't mean any form of interaction with the forum members at all.

Morgeth - Morg is on a period of absence, and due to the nature of why, I can't divulge anything to you. All I can ask if for you to respect that and welcome her return when she comes back.

Eira - Is active in the community and active on the forum. He's posted in recent times as a moderator, and assisted in decision making regarding the forum. This really is a case of not seeming as active/present as he actually is. He's still putting effort into the role (as one of the longest "serving" members of staff) and has done for quite some time now.

Hopefully I've managed to clear that up at least, I'll be checking the forum occasionally today, so I'll be around to make any further replies.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 pm

First off, Ixirar, I'd appreciate it if you didn't respond to Senariul. That isn't what this thread is for.

I didn't intend to.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:05 pm

I really don't see the point in this thread. This forum is already moderated to a moderate level! The only thing missing is a couple of outdated wishes for sections on the forum being delayed; I put that down to people forgetting, not slow moderating.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Am I missing some public log of moderator activity that neatly tells us which moderators have been doing what or is this thread just based on the assumption that "I am Moderator X and I am moderating this thread" is the only sign of moderator activity?

Thanks in advance.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 pm

linlin, moderator logs are only available to moderators Wink

it is indeed the latter.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Was it really necessary for a full page of rage? Oh well.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter if they still actively moderate. If they've done good work for DefiasRP in the past, and they haven't abused their powers in any way, why take them away? Having them here with mod permissions does no harm, and they most likely earned it in the first place.

Though I guess that isn't relevant anyway since they all seem to do moderator/admin work.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next