Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall open!

+13
Saevir
Lavian
Nassulra / Dobkins
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
Muzjhath
Thenkar
Neyvin/Noxie
Ralegh
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ixirar
Baròth / Olian
Torukan
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall open! Empty Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall open!

Post by Torukan Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Players who're able to log on after maintenance is over today will discover that the Operation Gnomeregan and Zalazane's Fall world events are now available! These are two of the introductory Cataclysm world events. Head to Kharanos in Dun Morogh or the Echo Isles in Durotar to take advantage of these limited-time experiences.

^

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall open! Empty Re: Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall open!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 am

I thought they were done pretty easily and quickly. Neutral Anyway, at least it gives Gnomish and Troll RP'ers something to integrate into their RP and storylines officially.

Back to top Go down

Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall open! Empty Re: Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall open!

Post by Baròth / Olian Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:01 am

I have only one thing to say:

For Gnomeregan!
Baròth / Olian
Baròth / Olian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:16 am

Baròth wrote:I have only one thing to say:

For Gnomeregan!

That's just about the most epic thing I've ever seen Surprised
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 am

*uses Thalassian failsafe in the arcane guardians that the gnomes overlooked to assume direct control*
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:*uses Thalassian failsafe in the arcane guardians that the gnomes overlooked to assume direct control*
*presses the big red button.*
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Neyvin/Noxie Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 am

So..... Anyone else felt the Gnomer operation was pretty epic? xD
Neyvin/Noxie
Neyvin/Noxie

Back to top Go down

Post by Thenkar Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:30 am

ARGH! This is the worst time to have computer troubles! THE WORST! I missed the zombie event because of a trip to france, am I gonna miss this because of microsofts eldrich windows errors?! *tears hair off*

... Gotta break into my friends room...

Prolly gonna find this out via googling, but anyway, are there any level restrictions in the questchains? I've no problem with Horde, but my alliance hunter's little under levelled...

Thenkar

Character sheet
Name: Thenkar Shadowborn
Title: Shadowpope of the Cult

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:32 am

I sadly haven't done the operation in itself, since I didn't get it after doing the preequests on my level 41 warlock.
But the preequests, while much more humerous, felt less epic than what you got for the trolls.

Need to do the troll one when it's not filled with OOCers for a propper experience aswell.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neyvin/Noxie Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 pm

My wee troll (level 19 at the time, dinged 20 with the quests) could do everything except the the end thing. Sadly. Would've liked to see the troll side of things D:
Neyvin/Noxie
Neyvin/Noxie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Did both the Operation and Zalazane's Fall. I must say that, while the Trolls actually succeeded (and the Gnomes only did so partially) the Trolls were kinda shafted in terms of the event itself.

Comparing the stages, the Gnomes round up volunteers, train them, test out military equipment, deploy sensors to detect radiation levels, and prepare a speech for the High Tinker.

The Trolls... Chase frogs, then drop them from lethal heights onto the islands. That's just dumb. But disregarding that, you get that pathetic "Troll druid reveal" quest, which really downplays the whole affair and makes what should have been a striking plot-twist a brief bump on the road to killing Zalazane.

For the battles;

The gnomish battle was, in my eyes, far superior as an experience. Leading a rapid ground assault to establish air superiority, having bombers fly overhead to decimate anti-tank defenses and finally charging the front gate, parachutes and all, all made it feel like it was an actual war you participated in.

Bonswamdi was awesome, but that's the only thing the Troll event had going for it. It felt very schizophrenic the way you run from island to island using water-walking, with virtually no feeling to it, just lots of trolls running around smacking other trolls. Zalazane and Bonswamdi's voice actors added a lot of oomph to the story elements, and Zalazane's ultimate fate was quite satisfying, but overall the event felt less fulfilling than the Gnome one.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:15 pm

I actually like that they explained why Gnomeregan remains only surface controlled.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:48 pm

I had to laugh when i got that Darkspears Pride item Very Happy
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:I had to laugh when i got that Darkspears Pride item Very Happy

The Gnomish One is awesome. xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:57 pm

It's not unlike the gnomish world enlarger.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:38 pm

So are we taking GNomeregan as surface-taken by lore then? The battle was this morning and we won?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Maybe wait a few days so people have the chance to get their fancy reward capes before you throw a party?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I'd say the campaign takes at least a week ICly, probably more, simply because this allows more RP to take place during it :3
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Due to the summit tonight, I will be congratulating the Gearholders on their 'First Strike' against the traitor Thermaplugg. I think it's important we aknowledge the campaigns beginning.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassulra / Dobkins Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Well.. Hmm.. The gnomes in Cataclysm start immediatly after the event, so in all actuality i guess the event should only finish just before the Cataclysm hit. I may be wrong though.
Nassulra / Dobkins
Nassulra / Dobkins

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:35 am

Gnomes don't manage to take the city itself. For shame.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 am

Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:Gnomes don't manage to take the city itself. For shame.

"Yet."
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:23 am

The spell Bwonsamdi use on you at the end of the battle is worth it all just for its description.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=75448/bwonsamdis-boot
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:13 am

I love Bwonsamdi (the name alone is great), I love the voice acting, and the feel of the Zalazane Falls quests. The troll ones are great. Nice (very brief) intro into the troll druids too.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 am

The intro of troll druids was so half assed done 'lol I see tigerz who dont look like normal tigerz' 'yah we were always here on these islands hiding for an event that was only conceived half a year ago yet these islands have been here for 5 years'

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next