Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Underforge; Reoccurring Underworld Gathering

+26
Adry
Officer High Morale
Moglim
Eve
Bradley
Rend.
Visceril
Rargnasha
erwtenpeller
Cid
Iriel Silversong
Skarain
Lelara
Gesh
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Anivitas
Rashka
Feydor
Ralegh
Zhaun Blackblood
Cendahar
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Althaløs
Ara
Arkil
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[A] The Underforge; Reoccurring Underworld Gathering Empty [A] The Underforge; Reoccurring Underworld Gathering

Post by Skarain Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Banner credits for Simaria)

The general insight of outlaws and criminals being the 'lowest' scum of the society isn't exactly inaccurate, least not for those who reside in the city of Underforge. Located in the darkest and deepest part of Ironforge, built within a maze of streets, forgotten clan halls, mining shafts and forlorn places the Underforge is one of the places even the long arm of justice fear to reach. As a city where crime is the rule, and where traits such as honour and valour are frowned upon, the Underforge is a dangerous place for anyone to enter unprepared and prepared alike. Criminal groups skulk around its dark and ruined halls, while bands of merciless thugs enforce the ruthless laws of their criminal thanes. Murder and theft is a part of Underforge life, so are the Warlocks who openly roam around with their cursed minions at their side. And of course your local neighbourhood necromancer who's out to harvest the fresh corpses of last nights bloody fight. With no law enforcement, the Underforge is a haven for everybody who wishes to escape the prying eyes of the law enforcers, and for those in need of rare and sometimes dark goods mostly frowned upon by the 'upper classes'. The Underforge got a lot to offer, if you are brave (or foolish) enough to explore it's ruined depths.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Underforge is a reoccuring event organized about every second weekend on Friday evening, starting at 20:00. The event offers a neutral environment to the outlaws, a place to meet other like-minded where law-enforcers have no power and dark magic remain unrestricted. The gathering is also a platform for organized underworld activities, events and In-Character recruitment for groups and dark schemes. Highers power in Underforge by lore is held by a group of Dwarven nationalists named The Shadow's Hammer, which ensure the Underforge remain a neutral environment.

While the Underforge is by its story located beneath Ironforge, a non-instanced area of Lower Blackrock Spire in Blackrock Mountain is used to represent the city ingame. Those to low level to travel to the location can be summoned; Warlocks tend to be drawn to this kind of events.

The concept of Underforge and all of its lore belong to The Three Hammer and are used by their permission. While the nature of The Underforge make gatherings as this possible, the original concept should be respected and not altered. More lore regarding the Underforge can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Event channel: Underforge. Summoning to the event location is provided.

-------------------------------------------------------

Underforge Portal Stone
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Small, apple sized stones that radiate faint, eerlie green light from cracks on their surface have begun to emerged among individuals in the Underworld, ranging from accomplished criminals to warlocks, outlaws and other shady individuals. It is not exactly clear where the stones came from, and superstitious come-up rumors given birth over a pint of ale doesn't help finding out truth either. One rumor however seems to be always the same, the stones having mysterious powers of transporting anyone from anywhere out in the world to the capital of crime, The Underforge."
GHI Import code:

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 25 times in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A] The Underforge; Reoccurring Underworld Gathering Empty Re: [A] The Underforge; Reoccurring Underworld Gathering

Post by Arkil Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Fantastic! Very Happy
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

[A] The Underforge; Reoccurring Underworld Gathering Empty Re: [A] The Underforge; Reoccurring Underworld Gathering

Post by Ara Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 am

what wasn't to love. The ocult and good old fashioned seedy dwarven salesmen.And it's always fun to hear yelling and the cracking of bones / heads as you try to buy stuff Very Happy Awesome
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 am

/support

The initial evenings were great, as I am sure it will remain being so in the future.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 pm

I love this, so very very much!
The autmosphere this weekend was fantastic. Thank you to everyone who made this event awesome! A shame I DC'ed on Saturday, but Sahera will be back next time. Won't miss this awesomeness! Very Happy
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelara Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Had a great time at this, looking forward to more in the future.
Lelara
Lelara

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cendahar Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Fear not, the amazing dwarven salesman shall return. Quality (stolen, fake and probably cursed) goods will be for sale, and many more customers will be shot!
Cendahar
Cendahar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Thethe next event is next weekend already, because i had got wrong information of my vacations earlier. Will update the post with more information when i have a reliable internet.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Bump. The Underforge event returns 1st of February, with the same deal as before. Work is being made into expanding the event and creating more activities, and i myself will be online tomorrow some hours before the event, should i have no obstacles on my way.

Any ideas, suggestions or anything you would wish to see, or to be organized can be sent me by PM, and i see what can be done.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaun Blackblood Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Going to work with a guildy to see about organizing a rule set for emote dueling (To create a fighting pit for betting)

Will P.M. details to Skarain once we have a draft for seal of approval, then next time, try the arena idea again but this time with some real gold changing hands.

Zhaun Blackblood
Zhaun Blackblood

Character sheet
Name: Zhaun Blackblood
Title: Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Following chaotic downfall of the Chapter, the underworld got a feeling of celebration. Finally the hated fanatics are gone, fallen to their own internal grudges. Even the hated enemies drink from the same pint, least for the night. Still the air lay silent, as if waiting for something more...

Spoiler:
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaun Blackblood Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Credit for the work goes to Miise for writing this up, let me know what you think, if your happy with it, this is the system we will use for the "Arena" matches

-EMOTE BATTLE RULES&PRESENTATION-

For the oments in which pvp or duels would be highly unfair and even the balance tiped in the favor of one, emote battles may fix this issue by offering equal advantages and disadvantages to both participants.

Steps to follow:
1) Initiative rolls
2) Order of moves
3) Roll values
4) Special abilities.

1) The initiative rolls repesent the initiative of each participant. Both players roll for their character's initiative as to who goes first. The higher number goes first. Exception: if one player passes his initiative to another, the roll is not taken and the one who had the turn passed to will go first.

2) As to avoid people making moves after their roll strenght (detailed at 3) ), each player needs to:
I) Emote their actions. (They must emote their attempts to hit the other person, be it spell or sword, or even bow. An example for this is: "X attepts to slash with his sword at Y". These emotes must contain one action, "X slashes at Y", or a very small chain of actions which would happen at great speed, "X charges at Y, slashing madly with his rapier")
II) Roll for their action. (The 'attacker' will /roll to see if his action held any positive or negative results. Roll values will be detailed at 3) )
III) Defender emotes the action. (The 'defender' must emote, if hit, where and how hard he was hit, and any details. Same goes for blocking, the opponent rolling a fail or a critical sucess. Staggering means they both clash and lock weapons. )
III) Check their HP. (Depending on the attack, the failed roll or the special move, a player's HP begins from 10 points and is influenced mostly by what the rolls dictate, and the use of special abilities. )
IV) The 'defender' (second player) starts his turn, if his HP is not at 0. The fight ends if one or another's HP is at 0, or if one surrenders.

3) Roll values determine what happens. Your roll will be essential to know if you hit your foe, if you hit yourself by accident, or if your foe blocks. It goes like this:

1-10 means a critical failure. This is something like: "X charges towards Y with his spear, but trips and falls over, slamming into the ground". It means the attacker will get 1 point of damage inflicted to himself.

11-49 means a block. The opponent has sucessfully blocked the attack, and may emote blocking, also taking into consideration how high was the roll. Example: X rolls 15. Y blocks with ease the hit that X tried to land.; X rolls 48. Y barely blocks the hit, a bit shaken from the force of the impact.

50 means a tie. Both opponents have hit eachother's weapons, both blocking eachother's attacks and locking in combat. An initiative roll will determine who now will go first, and passing the initiative will not be allowed.

NOTE: For spellcaster vs spellcaster, both are locked into a mind war of power; ranged classes have shot their best shot, but the force of the launch staggers them. Melee vs ranged: Ranged had been staggered from the launch, melee will block, being staggered. Melee vs spell: Spell has launched a powerful but drainful attack, having a backlash from the force, and melee blocks, being staggered from the force. Spell vs ranged: Spell has sent a powerful blast, which makes them receive a backlash, destroying the ranged projectile, and ranged is staggered by the force of the launch.

51-90 means a hit. It is the same as blocking when it comes to the detail of it's strenght, one hit taking out 1 HP from the enemy. (can be chained with special)

91-100 means a critical hit. It does 2 damage to the enemy, but will not chain with a special attack, as to balance out the damage output.

4) Special abilities are 3 core abilities each player has. They can be customised as they see fit (REGARDING their class aswell. I do not want to see holy priests calling out demonic wrath and healing with druidic powers).

I) Power attack: When a normal attack has been done, the attacker may choose to chain it with a new, free of roll, attack. This attack will be customised as their class dictates, and will inflict 2 points of damage. DOES NOT activate with a critical hit, only with a normal hit.
II) Critical defense: A player may choose to completely block another's hit. This happens only when the attacker had rolled sucessfully on a hit (51-90). This does NOT work on a critical hit, because it would by-pass the defense. Customised after class specs.
III) Healing surge: A player may choose, as a free action, to heal himself for 2 HP on his turn. This attack is ment to turn the tide of battle if necessary, and is usable only on the player's turn, not while the turn of the enemy is up (Sorry if you have 3 HP, you get a hit and he chains with a power attack. There is no escape. Sad ). Will be customised as class dictates.
Zhaun Blackblood
Zhaun Blackblood

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Sounds..... complicated.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:38 pm

I actually gave up even reading it. :S Definitely not going to get involved in the arena business if it's using such a complicated system.
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:54 pm

I am sorry, but that does indeed seem way to complicated. [An amount of HP, from 3 to 5, both emote attacks, both roll, higher roll wins, the two emote their results according to the rolls - rinse and repeat] should be simple enough. You of course have the freedom to think for another system, but remember to keep it simple. Thanks for Miise for taking the task to develop a system Smile

Also, i am to repeat my question, formerly in Spoilers

Following chaotic downfall of the Chapter, the underworld got a feeling of celebration. Finally the hated fanatics are gone, fallen to their own internal grudges. Even the hated enemies drink from the same pint, least for the night. Still the air lay silent, as if waiting for something more...

While none of us can be happy of Chapter leaving the server, it doesn't prevent the people of the Underworld to take everything out of the roleplaying opportunity. Should people have the interest for it, we could organize an event within the Underforge, either on Friday or Saturday where we; all the shady fold with reason to hate the Chapter, both player and NPC celebrate the downfall of the Chapter of Holy Anethion.

Give me your thoughts!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:05 pm

I love the idea of a celebration for getting rid of the pesky fanatics!
Definitely a yes from me, Skarain. Very Happy
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Feydors only problem with the chapter leaving is that he wasn't able to kill one of the fuckers before they left.

I support this idea skarain, let's burn effigies of CHAPTERIANS i say
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaun Blackblood Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:41 pm

The emote battles will be referred by the fight organizer, it looks complicate on paper, but i assure you, in practice its very simple.

As for the chapter leaving... I think something along the lines of a large candle flame being drowned out by a cup full of innocents blood would fit the occasion.

Good luck finding an "Innocent" though, may have to make do with a goat who "tried" to lead a virtuous life.
Zhaun Blackblood
Zhaun Blackblood

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Huhuhuh.. Very interesting, - annoying that I forgot the last two events, - I hopefully will have my rogue back here very soon, and she would indeed enjoy that the chapter is gone.. (Sorry Chapters!) So this would be in next weekend? If it is, I defiantly have my rogue back.. (Just need to find money somewhere *cough*)
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Yes Arenai, this will be on the next Friday and Saturday.

The next question is how and what kind of celebration can be arranged. If nothing else, then something like the Black Market. "On background". People going around with a drink in hand, smile on face and laugh at the dead Chapterians.

A few extremely loud revelers and someone selling drinks could do. I know two gnomes roleplaying Brewmasters. They were at the last Underforge event. If someone knows them, care to ask if they'd be up for keeping up a stall for drinks.

Also Zhaun, i'll be back ingame on Thursday evening. You can explain it in detail when we get there, if we can't manage through Skype.

Incoming Friday Fighting and Gambling to be seen, Black Market on a larger role on Saturday!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Alrighty.. *Checks under her coach's pillows, peering for lost money..* I hope I can find money, - otherwise I'll come with Keilah.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm going to make sure I can get to the event this week, love the idea.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 pm

The Underforge open its doors again today, Friday the 15th of February at 20:00. Come all criminals and assassins, thieves and thugs, warlocks and necromancers, bounty hunters and beggars. There is room for everyone in the city of crime!

Last edited by Skarain on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:50 pm

I'll probably join very late today or just tomorrow. Will see how the Freelancer event goes.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Another nice two days of Underworld roleplay. Thanks for everyone to attending, even if there was no brawling. Next one is next week 23-24.2.

Long live the Underworld!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next