Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When was your biggest nerdrage moment?

+8
Rmuffn
Xen-tau
Raenmar
Zalissa
Lorainne/Bridlington
Ixirar
Vaell
Finnabhair
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When was your biggest nerdrage moment? Empty When was your biggest nerdrage moment?

Post by Finnabhair Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm

In view of recent events, it got me thinking about when my biggest nerdrage moment was. I don't often get angry over WoW, usually it turns out that only certain specific people get under my skin and on some very rare occasions, they manage to make me snarl out a string of obscenities.

Let's keep to the "no naming and shaming" rules if possible, though. Wink

I'd have to say my biggest nerdrage moment was just after a bunch of us got together and bought Shrogan the Mechano-Hog he's always wanted for his birthday. Turns out that some other people got together and bought him one too. So not long after Kozgugore crafted the thing and I had it all nicely wrapped up to give Shrogan at the "birthday party" we planned to have for him in a few days, I suddenly got whispers asking me if I'd ruined the plan and given it to him ahead of time.

And when I found out who'd given it to him...hooooly shit. I went full-on crazy bitch mode. Thankfully, I didn't contact those people and make things worst. Most of those involved in my project logged on, dragged Shrogan on Skype and told him we'd wanted to get him one too. It was awesome to hear how shocked he was. So we gave it to him then and he ended up getting two Mechano-Hogs for his birthday.

Good times, good times.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

When was your biggest nerdrage moment? Empty Re: When was your biggest nerdrage moment?

Post by Vaell Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

Wtf, I want a mechano-hog. I only have about 300g if I add all 10 of my character's gold together. I buy too many rp sets...

I don't think I've ever raged over the RP side of WoW, I've been annoyed when people have metagamed but that is about as far as it goes.

On an unrelated note to RP though, I have been pissed off. When you're staying up late to hit a level, it is getting later by the minute and you know you'll have to go to bed soon because you're doing something RL related the next day... you're not far off but that one mother fucker has to keep ganking you.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

When was your biggest nerdrage moment? Empty Re: When was your biggest nerdrage moment?

Post by Finnabhair Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Vaell wrote:On an unrelated note to RP though, I have been pissed off. When you're staying up late to hit a level, it is getting later by the minute and you know you'll have to go to bed soon because you're doing something RL related the next day... you're not far off but that one mother fucker has to keep ganking you.

Yeah...that gets really annoying. Sad
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Yeah, I got so mad once I punched my wall and broke my hand lol.

Last edited by Ixirar/Kavalis on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Edited

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:You were groomed online?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Was this directed at me?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Shut the fuck up, Vangrel.

Sincerely.

Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm

I am literally incapable of drawing the conclusion that he just said that to me. Some reflex in my brain refuses to let me believe that there are people here who are vile enough pieces of shit to actually do that.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Once or ten times a day somebody says something stupid and I get incredibly mad because I'm an arrogant cunt.

My biggest rage ever was an ex-guild (not on this server) where a pedophile was harassing me (I was 15 at the time, he was something 40), I reported it to the officers that told me to suck it up because they didn't want drama. I eventually decide to just report to blizz and stick and /ignore on him. Eventually a girl from said guild (16 years old) who I had a fair bit of contact with asked me about that guy, turns out he'd been harassing her too. Our problem was that he wasn't openly sexually harassing us, it was more like the small things that look completely innocent but -might- hint at something really fucked up. Stuff like complimenting us for everything we do, telling us how he imagined we were both really good looking IRL(Wtf?) and all that crap while never actually saying anything that could be a definite proof of his intentions.

Well, I took him off /ignore because I wanted to be able to defend that girl. One time when he made a -very- obvious approach to her because apparently nobody in the guild gave a flying fuck, I called him out on it and was kicked for drama mongering. Also, apparently I was banned from all the "decent guilds" on Jaedenar because they were all BFFs with my GM.

Blizz didn't ban btw, because he knew how to fuck with us so that we were the only ones who could really see it.

This was especially horrible for me because my eldest siblings and I(2-4 years younger than me) were stalked by a pedophile when we were kids, I remember being told never to go to our front garden without one of my parents watching out for me because they were scared I'd just be snatched by the guy. Also, my father was molested as a 12 year old and my now 12 year old sister was molested when she was 9.

Pedophiles are the one thing that can tick me off like a nuke. I was so furious when I got kicked for defending a friend against a pedo that I punched my wall so hard I broke my hand. The people who lived two floors above me heard my rage-scream.

Dunno if this qualifies as a nerdrage but it's the worst I've ever been because of anything wow related.

..errr.... isn't this a bit personal?!
anyway I nerd raged on the real forums recently because I wasn't able to actually call blizzard like you used to, after I got hacked. Thinking about it now still makes me boil...

Last edited by Zalorah on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
This was especially horrible for me because my eldest siblings and I(2-4 years younger than me) were stalked by a pedophile when we were kids, I remember being told never to go to our front garden without one of my parents watching out for me because they were scared I'd just be snatched by the guy. Also, my father was molested as a 12 year old and my now 12 year old sister was molested when she was 9.
This is probbaly the sort of thing you should avoid posting on the forums... or only post if you have no shame about it. Posting something serious and upsetting/traumatic to online people is a danger zone.

EDIT: There are also some paedophile-supporters in the community (not naming names) who will probably bang their fists in opposition.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm

You'll find I am pretty bad at seperating "too personal" from everything else. Who knows what about me has no real bearing on me and as such I am pretty open about everything.

The only thing that really happens if somebody teases me about it is I get mad momentarily and then laugh it off once I punched a hole through their face.

I have no shame about it though. I've had the fortunate quality of being able to shrug it off and conclude that it's not my fault and I have nothing to do with their illness.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Edited

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:I am literally incapable of drawing the conclusion that he just said that to me. Some reflex in my brain refuses to let me believe that there are people here who are vile enough pieces of shit to actually do that.

Did something actually happen to your personal well being? Did you get kidnapped, abducted, raped? No. Some creepy dude passed some comments at you over the internet when you were 15. I could bet my balls most of us, including myself have had similar or worse experiences with creeps on the internet.

But yeah, I'm the next Hitler.

Oh my fucking god. You're too dumb for me to even figure out how to reply to this.

FYI: Yes, having a paedophile stalk you when you're like 4 years old will cause damage to your personal well being. No matter what comes of it.

EDIT: Why the fuck was this even made the topic of the thread all of a sudden? My point with the original post was how I raged so hard I broke my own hand, I didn't mean for anybody to start discussing my personal life, and certainly not in the "lol shrug it off nothing happened to you kiddo" kind of way. I didn't count on internet tough guys to put me in the spotlight over it.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 pm

There are also some paedophile-supporters in the community (not naming names) who will probably bang their fists in opposition.

Are you referring to people who tried to justify ERP and were called paedophiles with absolutely no basis, or am I missing something?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Could we get back to the subject, purty please? Ixirar had a bad experience, one I understand completely.

MOVING ON!
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Raenmar wrote:
There are also some paedophile-supporters in the community (not naming names) who will probably bang their fists in opposition.

Are you referring to people who tried to justify ERP and were called paedophiles with absolutely no basis, or am I missing something?
No, something seperate, but if I bring it up further - this will spiral into a thread about that specifically.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Edited

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 pm

I can recall getting mad a few times during RP... can't really recall what the reason was though.

Oh, I had an argument over who owned the bar in Silvermoon!
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 pm

I changed the post then. You might be able to get the point then.

Or not, I'm sure you're going to keep coming at me in your righteous vendetta to teach me that no matter what my problems don't matter and I can't be open about them because then I'm putting myself in the spot light. The entire point of my post was how mad I became, and every detail I shared was to shed further light on how I got so mad.

My reaction, given only the informations that some dude was a creep on the internet, would seem like I was overreacting, so I added that paragraph to explain how that episode got me mad enough to break my own hand in rage.

"Only shitting on people who have actually suffered from being stalked" what the fuck man.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:30 pm

I will edit my posts than because I genuinely feel sorry for your father and sister, but that does not equate me feeling sorry for you because at the end of the day you did not suffer at anybody's behest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Who the fuck gave you the authority to decide wether or not I suffer from a situation you weren't even part of?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Personal experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 pm

When was your biggest nerdrage moment? 1352457183365
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Who the fuck gave you the authority to decide wether or not I suffer from a situation you weren't even part of?

Didn't you hear? He rules over these forums.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

You can shove your personal experience so far up your ass you're gonna have to puke it back out.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next