Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necromancy being completely Illegal

+18
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Thrakha
siegmund
Feral / Blackfall
Seranita
Finnabhair
Grim
Odgan / Keag
Tuomas/Decurius
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Zhaun Blackblood
Vaell
Braiden
Lexgrad
Drustai
Thelos
Rae Wulfgnar
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Necromancy being completely Illegal - Page 5 Empty Re: Necromancy being completely Illegal

Post by Drustai Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:And regarding runeblades--the very next quest states that you can runeforge "all of your weaponry." Blood/frost/unholy gem filling explicitly state they are only taking the magic force from each one's power.

Yes you can. Never stated that you're stuck with a single runeblade, as swapping often is now canon. But they are each still vampiric runeblades, that feed on life in their creation, in their emblazoning, and in their usage. Razuvious even calls it the 'dark art' of runeforging. So they are not simple runed weapons, as Koltira's quest shows (which is him emblazoning one of his blades), it requires dark magic to complete.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Necromancy being completely Illegal - Page 5 Empty Re: Necromancy being completely Illegal

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 am

Arenfel/Mikhael wrote:Shadowmourne in its pre-legendary form has a lovely model, that looks non-descript enough to be employed as a decent weapon for roleplay;

I agree with this on so many levels, always loved the pre-legendary epic. I absolutely adore it <3

Regarding the runeblades--I am sure dark magic is involved, or else any forge would do. I also am guessing that the fact that you -can- runeforge -any- weapon is a hint. Plus such a huge deal is made of Frostmourne being evil, and its ability to siphon souls, that it's made pretty clear that it's not a "standard" feature. And the entirety of current runeblade lore can likely be summed up through the game's summary itself:

"The single most important piece of equipment to a death knight is the runeblade. It is through the runeblade that a death knight commands the powers of frost, blood and the unholy. The runeblade also acts as a vessel to store the death knight's runic power."

Edit--Vaell's totally right, of course, regardless of "actual" lore, the common folk might have entirely different knowledge/opinions!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 am

Lexgrad wrote:
Vaell wrote:
Grim wrote:I dont think anyone was suggesting they were?

A few people though dislike the idea of overly regulating or enforcing what should be a natural and personal bias against the undead.
I saw Lex saying something about bigots who have superiority issues are the only ones who are racist towards undead.

Yes, due to it being RPed so badly which, no offense, your previous post sums up. I personally perhaps sometimes think too deeply into the psychology behind my chars, I do think everyone could do with thinking slightly more about their own. Ask yourself why you hate the undead, if your answer is "cos lordaeron/dalaran/silvermoon/thirdwar/northrend then you are doing it wrong imo.

You are forgetting Southshore and hillsbrad where they are capturing the living and turning them into their undead armies. Rolling Eyes
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:29 am

The apothecary in Hillsbrad is executed by the forces of Queen Sylvanas for doing what he is doing as his work spins out of control, and Southshore is a post-blight ruin that has no reanimation going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:44 am

I think that is what Wulf was pointing with Hillsbrad being a seperate point. Southshore was decimated by the undead.

Vaell's totally right
Yes. YES. Say it again!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Vaell wrote:I think that is what Wulf was pointing with Hillsbrad being a seperate point. Southshore was decimated by the undead.

Vaell's totally right
Yes. YES. Say it again!

Vaell's totally right.

*peer* Need a towel there? Very Happy
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Wow Dk / necromancy topics tend to get huge Razz I read most and agree that Dks who join the alliance are permitted to use their magic on the battlefield but with a restriction, raising the corpses of fallen members of the alliance as ghouls. I assume raising Horde as ghouls would be fine lorewise.
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Threadromancy!

And...

I assume raising Horde as ghouls would be fine lorewise.
outside of Undercity not really, no.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Grim wrote:Threadromancy!

And...

I assume raising Horde as ghouls would be fine lorewise.
outside of Undercity not really, no.
I think he meant the Alliance raising the Horde as ghouls Razz These lore threads usually tend to focus on Alliance players, I've noticed!

We need more lore threads. They're the best.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 pm

I meant the alliance dks raising the horde as ghouls. And yes Vise versa the horde Dks raising alliance members as ghouls.
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 pm

And here I was, doing my best to set all corpses on fire.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by EShadowsong Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:And here I was, doing my best to set all corpses on fire.

Don't do that! Eliza returns to battlefields to harvest those corpses if they're not removed. Those delicious, delicious corpses!

@OP: Necromancy is touchy and I see it similar to the way that Warlocks act. No one wants to see it done on the streets of Stormwind, but a blind eye is turned towards necromancy done in private. For this reason Eliza will not have her ghouls with her while in a major city. She also does all of her fleshcrafting work in her private quarters in Acherus.

EShadowsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Dorothee Drake wrote:Wow Dk / necromancy topics tend to get huge Razz I read most and agree that Dks who join the alliance are permitted to use their magic on the battlefield but with a restriction, raising the corpses of fallen members of the alliance as ghouls. I assume raising Horde as ghouls would be fine lorewise.

I really don't think this is the case. Even Garrosh is not okay with Sylvanas using her Valkyr to raise the dead, and Garrosh is a war-mad animal. Even though Wrynn allowed Death Knights in the Alliance, we never saw his actual stance on using raised dead against their will.

Edit: Also on the topic, even though I don't see Necromancy being completely illegal undear Varian Wrynn's rule, I really have high hopes for Anduin Wrynn. When that kid sits the throne, I hope Blizzard takes an overly zealous turn with his character. He is a Priest, after all.
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:42 pm

A priest that hands out shadow spells like they're candy, though. Wink
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm

I did not have the chance to play Mists of Pandaria yet, so I can't comment on that matter Very Happy
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:47 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:A priest that hands out shadow spells like they're candy, though. Wink

First shadow spells, then getting completely roflstomped into pieces... now there are possibilities for a good, old dark-side switch.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:A priest that hands out shadow spells like they're candy, though. Wink

First shadow spells, then getting completely roflstomped into pieces... now there are possibilities for a good, old dark-side switch.
Necromancy being completely Illegal - Page 5 34550108
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:26 pm

In Warcraft universe they do that ALL the time. Most major lore characters go from good to bad. But I like that. That's the thing of Warcraft. It fits the name; WARcraft. Not share-flowers-and-rainbows-craft. Arthas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Garrosh, Sylvanas and lately even Jaina. They all become warmongers.
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Are you implying Garrosh wasn't a warmongerer all the time?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cemdor Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Are you implying Garrosh wasn't a warmongerer all the time?

He used to be a little emo kid back in Nagrand, had potential to be a hero after how Thrall told him his father saved all orcs.
Cemdor
Cemdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5