Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP suggestion thread

3 posters

Go down

RP suggestion thread Empty RP suggestion thread

Post by Geldar Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:31 pm

As the name states it, that will be the subject which will be discussed here.

How this will roll?

Very simple, i want every person who posts in this thread for the first time to post 3 suggestions with which he/she thinks he/she will improve the RP on this realm or a way with which to bring in more RPers around, aswell as ways to actually achive these suggestions.

Some rules while posting in this thread:

Random image spamming is forbidden, i will delete every single post and image attached to it unless it is really relevant to the subject, same goes for videos.

Trolling of people who are discussing suggestions is forbidden, i will delete every single post which will be derailing this thread and its subject as the matter is quite serious.

Discuss and enjoy the suggestions people might/will post, THAT IS AN ORDER.

Right, i will start it:

1) Active recruitment campaign for new RPers from other realms: It has been done before it can be done now. Take the best out of the previous attempts and add more to perfect it, advertise the realm, what it has been, what it is and what it will be when Cataclysm hits.

2) Active RP hubs outside main cities: Find dedicated individuals to create and stirr RP outside of major cities be it Theramore (random city poping in my mind) Southshore, etcetera and bring Role Players in it. Create live little towns with its own population.

3) More communication between the key figures who arrange things, be it RP events, WPvPRP events, set down some strong communication between factions to make things go even smooth, and im not talking about seperate figures. All of them communicating and co-operating.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

RP suggestion thread Empty Re: RP suggestion thread

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:05 pm

1) Those inclined to create new guilds might make some that are not race-specific (mostly on Horde side, from my own experience). The main thing I've been hearing from some friends still in the game is that they want to expand on their RP but feel they wouldn't find anything that suited their characters, even if they were displeased with their current IC situations, so they remained with that group/guild/organization because they feel they have nowhere else to go and their options are limited.

2) Keep the "W" in WPvPRP. People want to participate but some are excluded for one reason or another. You can't always get what you want and sometimes it's necessary to increase your tolerance level. People who outright claim "I'm not going if X and Y show up" are not team players. Numbers for events might increase if that kind of ultimatum is quickly and firmly stomped down by the appropriate figures of authority.

3) Communication between key figures is important, but I also feel it's important to keep the participants informed. If they're just there to serve as cannon fodder and aren't made aware of the reasons for their participation (plot intricacies and so on), the RP can become boring very quickly and character development suffers for it, in my experience. Who are they fighting and why? It's all well and good to post flyers and write a story about it and such, but not everyone gets to read them ICly, and mostly there's only a few chosen individuals who have the "privilege" to be aware of what's going on while others are just expected to follow along or else get told, "Well, don't join, then!" or "If you don't like it, too bad."

(#3 is actually something that happened to me personally, in the past, but it's also occurred to some friends of mine, recently, but they haven't been able to bring it up to their respective guild leader/s. I'm not certain why they won't address it with those in charge, perhaps they feel their input is considered insignificant, so I thought I'd bring it up here as a polite suggestion.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 pm

1) Embrace open RP. Do not be afraid to walk up to someone who seems lonely and try to engage in roleplaying. Even if they've never heard of RP they and you might be pleasantly surprised by the end results. This greatly improves the atmosphere of the server. You might even gain some new friends and meet new people this way!

2) Even though it's difficult due to the PvP ruleset, try to create open events from time to time. Advertise and promote them. A lot of the RP on DB used to happen within guilds and as such it was very hard to notice the fact that you're even playing on an RP server.

3) Try to help newcomers as best as you can. We were all nubs once, help them learn, don't /ignore them if they make a RP mistake (metagaming, god-emoting etc).
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 am

2) Active RP hubs outside main cities: Find dedicated individuals to create and stirr RP outside of major cities be it Theramore (random city poping in my mind) Southshore, etcetera and bring Role Players in it. Create live little towns with its own population.

Darn it, my idea has been stolen... Oh, well, I have something to add onto it anyway:

1) Don't be afraid to set/go to distant, far away RP Hubs/Meeting places for your guild. Although many members may not come, those that do will have shown their loyalty to the guild. For an example of this in action, I remember one of the Cultist Guilds (I forget whether it was The Dark Sphere or Zaraj's old guild, Hand of Nightmares) moved out from their usual RP hub, nearby Stormwind, to the Plaguelands. I assume, obviously, that many complained due to it's location - however, I also assume that, in the end, the loyal members did choose to come, am I right?
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down