Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Suggestion / Proposal] A World of War

4 posters

Go down

[Suggestion / Proposal] A World of War Empty [Suggestion / Proposal] A World of War

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Monrena wrote:oh it is very likley that if we venture out it will happen again,, this is a certainty.. so for this situation I think an underlying contingency plan is needed for such eventuality..

Probably startvation again.. but instead of wating for a gank guild to fully transfer.. we starve the obvious scouts thus preventing the main mass of gangers from transfering..

but for that we need to recognise guild gank scouts when they arrive

I meant more in reference that we treat contested zones as exactly that, Contested... claiming area's IC should be a taboo and a no no, While setting up a base/event in such regions should be done with the idea in mind that pvp could occur.
Reading this got me thinking. Yes, perhaps the server has indeed been way too comfortable. Perhaps it's even been too comfortable about which zones it should be in.
With this, I suggest to you my idea. It's not something new, but something people have not though about before it seems.

(Time for fancy big letters and stuff, here we go!)
A World of War
What if your home was stolen from you?
This focuses on making guilds in contested territory more like nomads. Every area outside of city walls would be up for the taking of others. You got a base? Say for example, The Trollbanes got sieged by another group of roleplayers (Let's say the Disciples just for shits and giggles) at their home location, namely Stromgarde and lost. What would they do? Well, naturally- try either reclaim it later, or set up base elsewhere, possibly in another guild's home which they, in turn, conquered.
This would cause the basing of your guilds to become more uncertain, making you having to be more flexible on where you RP. This would also solve some of the problem with PVP we have right now, as you'd want to try defend your home so you don't lose it to intruders.

There would be certain regulations behind conquering a territory over another guild or organization.
You would need to talk to their leader(s), discuss a date, and try keep the fight as even as possible, possibly giving some advantage to the defending guild, despite their numbers. This to avoid that smaller guilds or groups having to be pushed around by the bigger boys and girls.

Every time someone has claimed a territory, there would be a small 'cease-fire' on that location, meaning that nobody else would be able to claim it, for let's say... A month (or more).

Try keeping the drama to an absolute minimum.

If it's cross faction, perhaps even duke it out in proper PVP, giving each guild or group a reason to gear up a bit to defend their homeland, or to make it easier to conquer a location from another group.

That's about all I got for now, feel free to build up on it or try torch it with fire. I personally believe it'd be a pretty cool change, no faction outside the city walls ever being certain of that their location will remain theirs, it'd keep the world outside the gates more uncertain, less predictable. Just because Zul'Gurub is a troll city, doesn't mean Trolls have to be the inhabitats- perhaps they were suppressed and took refuge within the molten span! Oh my, what a twist!
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion / Proposal] A World of War Empty Re: [Suggestion / Proposal] A World of War

Post by Seranita Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Ohh I helped inspire somehting *biofists the air* yay!! this is definatly an interesting idea
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion / Proposal] A World of War Empty Re: [Suggestion / Proposal] A World of War

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Monrena wrote: *biofists the air*

I'm unsure exactly what this means, but I've got a bad feeling about it..
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Clearly it's a reference to the newly released ending of Mass Effect III.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 pm

it is? i had no idea lol
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down