Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celestial Steed

+22
Elloa
Quin
Nayan
Kristeas Sunbinder
Jayse
Halya
Raelan
Wubeh
Cathee Norris
Guldujenu
Dharum
Ataris
Geldar
Tasjin
Mandui
Elízabéth Moren
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
(Goggy) - Exilius
Voice of the People
Mikasa
Gunnell
26 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Celestial Steed - Page 4 Empty Re: Celestial Steed

Post by Guldujenu Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 am

Though. Expect to see a lot more of these, especially mounts. Now that they relized they can make a buttload of money from selling pixels.

I still think the mount is usefull. For it is a "Ok" looking ground and flying mount in the same. And each of my current and to come characters will get it for free, only have to worry about the skill. Looks better then the giant ass dragons at least. : )
Guldujenu
Guldujenu

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:02 am

One of those ethereals on this thing.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 am

Guldujenu wrote:Though. Expect to see a lot more of these, especially mounts. Now that they relized they can make a buttload of money from selling pixels.
Why, what were they doing till now?
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:15 am

Pretty much. The argument "Ohemgee! You pay real money for pixels!" is invalid because, guess what. Everyone who plays WoW does the same, be it with or without buying the mount Razz

Edit: At least there is a very practical point in buying it, since all the characters one creates will automatically have a ground and flying mount when they reach the required level ^^

Edit #2: I find the amount of threads created in the general discussion forum on WoW EU to be so hilarious, that I spent an hour browsing through them. A guaranteed laugh xD

Last edited by Mandui on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 am

Indeed but I'd argue that it's the amount of pixels w/e items you get.

Hell most DLCs for alot of games don't cost 25 dollars and they usually give more than few items.

If I were to buy a DLC for 20 euros I'd expect it to be a small expansion allready...

Fine I'll admit I'm poor and jealous :<
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:42 am

Only thing that bothers me, is that its one step closer to making wow a micro transaction game, so far the items have just been Vanity items, but is buying rep/Gold/Epix really that far off with activi$ion obviously pulling the strings? Even more so now that they get a taste on how much they can milk the fools for a simple mount?

And I still dont see how you could ever want this pony, It looks awful, Gimme something cool like a bear and I'll buy it, not a fucking Reskin of a shitty horse.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 am

Wubeh wrote:Only thing that bothers me, is that its one step closer to making wow a micro transaction game, so far the items have just been Vanity items, but is buying rep/Gold/Epix really that far off with activi$ion obviously pulling the strings? Even more so now that they get a taste on how much they can milk the fools for a simple mount?

And I still dont see how you could ever want this pony, It looks awful, Gimme something cool like a bear and I'll buy it, not a fucking Reskin of a shitty horse.
I think people will worry about rep/Gold/Epix becoming available for real money when and if that happens. Speculating is pointless right now. Besides, the fools you speak off are at least a wee bit more practical than the ones buying pets, various fun items or mounts from the trading card game, which has been around for much longer than the celestial mount and which go for 30-40 times the price, available to only one character. As for its looks, personal preference *shrug*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Mandui wrote:
I think people will worry about rep/Gold/Epix becoming available for real money when and if that happens. Speculating is pointless right now. Besides, the fools you speak off are at least a wee bit more practical than the ones buying pets, various fun items or mounts from the trading card game, which has been around for much longer than the celestial mount and which go for 30-40 times the price, available to only one character.

The trading card game rewards are incentives to buy the trading card game, not the sole motivation - and for anyone for whom they are the sole motivation, I can't say I hold a lot of respect for that.

As for speculating to a micro transaction game, no, its not worthless. It lets me see whats coming and jump ship earlier.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Halya wrote:
The trading card game rewards are incentives to buy the trading card game, not the sole motivation - and for anyone for whom they are the sole motivation, I can't say I hold a lot of respect for that.
I don't see how the mount is any kind of motivation either o_O

Both the trading game and the mount are called merchandising. You can either buy them or not, up to you.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Mandui wrote:Pretty much. The argument "Ohemgee! You pay real money for pixels!" is invalid because, guess what. Everyone who plays WoW does the same, be it with or without buying the mount Razz

Edit: At least there is a very practical point in buying it, since all the characters one creates will automatically have a ground and flying mount when they reach the required level ^^

Edit #2: I find the amount of threads created in the general discussion forum on WoW EU to be so hilarious, that I spent an hour browsing through them. A guaranteed laugh xD

You're missing the point. It's about getting value and content for your money. You're basically paying a full expansion's worth of cost for a mount.

And don't be naive about it, you vote with your wallets. If so many people have bought into this we can expect even more of it, which is the sad part. Where do you draw the line? Epixx are about as easy to aquire as mounts are nowadays. Maybe we'll see Heirlooms and epixx go for real money? I personally don't want that.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Ataris wrote:
You're missing the point. It's about getting value and content for your money. You're basically paying a full expansion's worth of cost for a mount.

And don't be naive about it, you vote with your wallets. If so many people have bought into this we can expect even more of it, which is the sad part. Where do you draw the line? Epixx are about as easy to aquire as mounts are nowadays. Maybe we'll see Heirlooms and epixx go for real money? I personally don't want that.
I wouldn't want that either but the fact remains. Blizz is a company and just like every company, it's trying to make profit. 3 mil. dollars within 4 hrs just because of this mount speak for themselves. You agree to dance to their tune the moment you decide to keep paying for the game. You can always stop, of course, if it becomes too much of a waste for you.

You can't really make people think that x amount money for y value or z content is fine, but the same amount of money is not worth it for a different value or content. People have different standards. If they want to buy it, and the deal looks fine according to their standards, they will buy it, regardless of whether or not others agree to said standards.

Amusing to see how it is those who don't want to buy it that bash those who do, and not the other way around Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 pm

I fully feel the whole point Ataris means with Activisions mantra. However..

I bought MW2 as it's a great game.. I bought the stimulus pack as I love Overgrown and Crash maps. Being the ONLY reason I bought it.

I bought the mount because I have money to burn and it's available for every character ive made and will make.

You do vote with your wallets and I could afford it so I spent.

If -you- don't want to spend the money.. -you- don't spend the money. Simplicty at its finest!

(also of note: Don't bring the arguement of game pricing into it either.. back in the day StreetFighter Turbo for the Megadrive was selling for £60! Like it or not, games are a hell of a lot cheaper nowadays)

EDIT: Removed some irrelevant points.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Mandui wrote:Amusing to see how it is those who don't want to buy it that bash those who do, and not the other way around Razz
Isn't that obvious. The only way people with the mount can bash people, is to claim that the others don't have money for it, which would be quite poiintless. I've already heard/seen many immature people with the mount go "u r just jealous cuz you dont got money for mount Very Happy" Of course it would be pointless to tell him that I can buy whatever I wish for, as his retarded lvl is beyond my reach. I saw the bashing coming towards those who bought it, but I can't find a single way to bash people that won't buy it. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Draniah on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Can you people just agree to disagree and mourn the virtual trees that had to die for your posts?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Draniah wrote:
Isn't that obvious. The only way people with the mount can bash people, is to claim that the others don't have money for it, which would be quite poiintless. I've already heard/seen many immature people with the mount go "u r just jealous cuz you dont got money for mount Very Happy" Of course it would be pointless to tell him that I can buy whatever I wish for, as his retarded lvl is beyond my reach. I saw the bashing coming towards those who bought it, but I can't find a single way to bash people that won't buy it. Rolling Eyes
It's still funny to see 17+ threads, with several pages on each, on general discussion about it. "ZOMG U SO STOOPID YO U BUY MOUNT LOLZ". Seriously, why would anyone spend so much time and effort in creating a thread about something they hate and which doesn't even affect them? xD
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 pm

It does affect me!

I see Pegasus all over Stormwind Sad Sad Sad

Either way, people can buy whatever they want.

Actually, it's more about how easy it is to make money out of nothing...that mount should be available for gold or from PvE or PvP etc.

Last edited by Draniah on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Mandui wrote:
Ataris wrote:

I wouldn't want that either but the fact remains. Blizz is a company and just like every company, it's trying to make profit. 3 mil. dollars within 4 hrs just because of this mount speak for themselves. You agree to dance to their tune the moment you decide to keep paying for the game. You can always stop, of course, if it becomes too much of a waste for you.

You can't really make people think that x amount money for y value or z content is fine, but the same amount of money is not worth it for a different value or content. People have different standards. If they want to buy it, and the deal looks fine according to their standards, they will buy it, regardless of whether or not others agree to said standards.

Amusing to see how it is those who don't want to buy it that bash those who do, and not the other way around Razz

I am aware, thank you. I just hope people who do buy the mount realize this is the case.

Lately we've also started to see PC games go up to console prices. People still buy. Note here, I don't, people do. Starcraft 2 is one of the first games to go up to 60$ for the standard edition. Why? People paid 60$ for the PC edition of MW2.

Now people are paying 20$ for a mount. What's the next step? Maybe we'll see an expansion at console price soon. People would probably still buy it.

I don't play WoW atm either. Last time I paid my subscription was some 8 months ago. I do not agree with Activision-Blizzard's method at all.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:59 pm

I think people will worry about rep/Gold/Epix becoming available for real money when and if that happens. Speculating is pointless right now.

When it happens most sensible people will cancel their subs. Its not pointless to worry now as I dont want to have a game ruined by Blizzard milking people who cant realise when they are getting screwed over Rolling Eyes

Besides, the fools you speak off are at least a wee bit more practical than the ones buying pets, various fun items or mounts from the trading card game, which has been around for much longer than the celestial mount and which go for 30-40 times the price, available to only one character. As for its looks, personal preference *shrug*

Blizzard/Activi$ion are not the ones earning from those retarded prices, in fact, I dont think Blizzard did get alot out of the TCG, it was rather upperdeck who rolled in the dough there.

Mandui wrote:Amusing to see how it is those who don't want to buy it that bash those who do, and not the other way around Razz

Fools will always want to cheapen others achievements to make themselfs feel better, but actually reading the General boads most the bashing comes from people who own the mount, usually with the "Lulz you cant afford et ehehe", makes one wonder why they are so defensive about the cash they spent. Wink

Dont get me wrong, If the mount actually looked good I'd brought it as well(But I have something better in store Cool ), and I can realise how many people want it so they can pretend they killed Algalol as well :>

Either way, not like it matters if they wont bring in things that have a effect on the game, but knowing Activison its abit worrying.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Instead of making a quote-reply wall of text, I'll just say that regardless whether or not you worry, of how stupid you think others are, of trying to justify either of the two sides, things will take their course in the future. Don't forget that the vast population of the players are under 18 and surely won't/can't be arsed with anything of financial nature. Shineh mount = win, that's all that counts for them, be it because they simply like the way it looks or because they can brag about it. Let 'em have fun and keep having yours, for as long as you may think that will last Very Happy
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Where did I say the ones who brought the mount are stupid? But you are right, as long as Blizzard gives them something shineh they will be blinded to the fact that they are getting screwed over.

And how can you brag about a mount when there are a generic shitton of them? Its not even unique since every 3rd player seems to have it :X
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:13 pm

The concept pictures for this were released a good while back and people lept and how it was an amazing mount, so Blizz wants some of those who don't raid to have something pretty. Big whoop.

And people who cite that it's like Algalon, that is -so- retarded. So if they released a cow mount would we go, "Now you can pretend you kill a tauren." Because their skin is the same? Noncense.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Wubeh wrote:Where did I say the ones who brought the mount are stupid? But you are right, as long as Blizzard gives them something shineh they will be blinded to the fact that they are getting screwed over.

And how can you brag about a mount when there are a generic shitton of them? Its not even unique since every 3rd player seems to have it :X

As said, whoever wishes to buy the mount, let him buy it. People see things in different perspectives. For some it looks good for others bad, but honestly the coolness factor for me when it comes to mounts is not really how it looks but the way you have achived it. Working your ass off for something of real value which you can aprechiate. Really cool mounts for instance are the Frostwyrm, the TBC Gladiator Wyrms, heck the damned chicken mount from the TCG even!

As for the Steed, -shrug- for me i see it as a hobo version of Invincible. I honestly would buy it since i like the Algalon graphics, but what put me off is the fact everyone has it and its epic factor turns to 'bleh' when you see people running around it en`masse and not to mention the lolrp factor. But really, gotta give it to Activi$ion. One hell of a fucking good marketing campaign. Those working with economics and finances will trully understand this move Wink

The concept pictures for this were released a good while back and people lept and how it was an amazing mount, so Blizz wants some of those who don't raid to have something pretty. Big whoop.

And people who cite that it's like Algalon, that is -so- retarded. So if they released a cow mount would we go, "Now you can pretend you kill a tauren." Because their skin is the same? Noncense.

No, Blizzard are not doing this for those who do not raid, they do it for their bank accounts and yes it looks like freaking Algalon. And it was speculated for months you will get it from a Algalon hard mode.

Last edited by Geldar on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Anaei wrote:The concept pictures for this were released a good while back and people lept and how it was an amazing mount, so Blizz wants some of those who don't raid to have something pretty. Big whoop.

Ehm, no. If that was the case they'd put it on a regular vendor and make it purchasable for gold or some kind of tokens. They want to make money off you and they're looking for ways to do it.

And seeing how successful this has been, I imagine they will go further with it. Gonna be interesting to see what will happen when they start charging 20€ for weapons and armor sets.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Anaei wrote:The concept pictures for this were released a good while back and people lept and how it was an amazing mount, so Blizz wants some of those who don't raid to have something pretty. Big whoop.

Hoho, Blizz does not care one bit for those who dont raid, they care about their wallets however.

And you are right, It is retarded to cheapen other peoples achievements with it, something im obviously not cool with.

As said, whoever wishes to buy the mount, let him buy it. People see things in different perspectives. For some it looks good for others bad, but honestly the coolness factor for me when it comes to mounts is not really how it looks but the way you have achived it. Working your ass off for something of real value which you can aprechiate. Really cool mounts for instance are the Frostwyrm, the TBC Gladiator Wyrms, heck the damned chicken mount from the TCG even!

As for the Steed, -shrug- for me i see it as a hobo version of Invincible. I honestly would buy it since i like the Algalon graphics, but what put me off is the fact everyone has it and its epic factor turns to 'bleh' when you see people running around it en`masse and not to mention the lolrp factor. But really, gotta give it to Activi$ion. One hell of a fucking good marketing campaign. Those working with economics and finances will trully understand this move

Mmyeah, but its a opportunity for me to get some discussion going, will ease up the boredom tonight Neutral

And seeing how successful this has been, I imagine they will go further with it. Gonna be interesting to see what will happen when they start charging 20€ for weapons and armor sets.

Interesting and sad Sad

Edit: And actually fun to see how much they can make of a "stupid-tax"
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:23 pm

/bro-fist @ Wubeh
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos