Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celestial Steed

+22
Elloa
Quin
Nayan
Kristeas Sunbinder
Jayse
Halya
Raelan
Wubeh
Cathee Norris
Guldujenu
Dharum
Ataris
Geldar
Tasjin
Mandui
Elízabéth Moren
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
(Goggy) - Exilius
Voice of the People
Mikasa
Gunnell
26 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Celestial Steed - Page 5 Empty Re: Celestial Steed

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Broz before hoez man, bring it on.

At least until the mrs comes home from work.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Wubeh wrote:
At least until the mrs comes home from work.
lol
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Nothing but the taste of expired orangejuice in the back of my throat. I'm both disgusted at blizzard and the amount of people encouraging them
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Orangejuice is the most superiour Juice.

C/D?
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:19 pm

I have to give Bobby Kotick some credit though, the man is a genius at making money with video games it seems.

Good business. :>
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:02 am

Having looked at the pictures of that mount, it's price and then the posts in this thread, I cannot do anything but laugh.

The lot of you seem to justify it with that you pay for pixels both in a WoW subscription and for the mount itself, but then you leave out the necessary factors that makes people pay for WoW in the first place.

How many of you would pay 14:99 bucks a month for playing WoW alone? I certainly hope none would be that daft.

You pay MORE for this mount than you do for one month of WoW, which doesnt just grant you piece of graphics but also the social factors of an MMO - Something this mount has nothing of. So don't compare the two, it's lame.

Yet again, who am I to question your purchases? Well, I wont do more of that - I just hope that you will always be able to look at that transparent horse (ironic huh?), and feel that those 20 euros were better spent at that than say two tickets to the cinema, or a trip downtown with a friend etc. etc.

And there's no need to justify your purchase to us sceptics at all really - Because the ones who are really laughing are the guys at Blizzard in LA. That I can promise, as King Midas laughed when he figured he could make gold out of anything too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:39 am

I'm sorry, I didn't realise people on either party really cared after the initial 24 hours of whining.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:41 am

Gunnell/Graham/Greumach wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't realise people on either party really cared after the initial 24 hours of whining.

Whining about whining is the funniest kind of hypocricy.

And I'm not whining, I made my comment as I wasn't part of the "initial 24 hours".

But next time good sir, make sure to inform me when the subject locks - At least Blizzard has the decency to put it up in the calendar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:46 am

There is no shame to buy something virtual...

My boyfriend offered to me the mount, and I can say that this little attention pleased me very much.

There is a lot of way to waste money. What about the people who pay 5€ every two days for their cigarettes. Isn't that litteraly trowing money in smoke, to increase you chance of dying from cancer?

So I really think there is no shame of "wasting" money in pixel. Same as the fact of "wasting time"in game...Afterall good things can come from it. I meet my twinsoul in WOW. I can only be happy to have been addicted that long !! Wink
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am

Oh for gods sake, it's a Mount. It isn't a set of Wrathful armour or T10, it isn't Shadowmourne, it's a reskin for everyones Bronze Drake. It doesn't give anyone any significant upperhand and you're certainly not at a disadvantage for not buying it.

Plenty of us all play WoW moreso than going out, to the cinema or downtown, it's still a major social circle some even describing WoW as a glorified chat program. If you'd rather spend your money on going to cinema, where you leave with nothing but 2 hours less time in the day, please go and enjoy yourself but don't elude yourself with some sort of idea that, that cash was better spent than someone buying this steed.

Girls buy alot shoes, people spend hundreds in the pub each night, heck some even spend it on drugs that, albeit a 'nice' high at the time, do nothing postive for them. People buying this Steed are doing nothing more than buying a designer t-shirt...

I don't even really think that this is the main issue, the above was really a reply to Andrek. The major problem from WoW Players lies with the Activision-Blizzard merge, when will it stop? Sell one single mount now, how long will be it until it's weapons? Armour sets? Achievements? Some even on the general forums state that this is indirectly selling players gold, as you save gold with future characters. People are saying that this little test proves to Blizzard that the fanbase will pay for virtual items and that it will grow to be as corrupt as the above.

However.

Personally I think there is a big leap between a mount that you cannot gain in any other way, that gives you a minimal advantage and acts simply as a skin for your personal enjoyment. In comparison to selling Shadowmourne, I don't think that Blizzard will sink -that- low.

Jump on the doomsday boat and yell that the sky is falling, but until something like the above happens and it goes too far, I'm going to stay in my little bubble and 'pretend' that the world is still intact despite the amount of starlit pegasuses flying around.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:02 am

Andrek wrote:
Gunnell/Graham/Greumach wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't realise people on either party really cared after the initial 24 hours of whining.

Because I'm sick to death of both sides already. Why? Because it's the same damned arguments.

People who bought it - "I get more use out of it than a night out/drink/shirt/whatever! It's my money!"

People who didn't - "You spent real money on a virtual mount! You looser! You're just feeding the capitalist pigs of Activi$ion!"

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:09 am

Gunnell/Graham/Greumach wrote:
Andrek wrote:

Because I'm sick to death of both sides already. Why? Because it's the same damned arguments.

People who bought it - "I get more use out of it than a night out/drink/shirt/whatever! It's my money!"

People who didn't - "You spent real money on a virtual mount! You looser! You're just feeding the capitalist pigs of Activi$ion!"

Don't read the topics then.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:31 am

Maybe you shouldnt have started this topic to start with if you knew what it will lead too, but yeah if you dont like whats writen in this discussion dont read as Ataris said.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Never before has a fuzz this big been made for any other item attainable for real cash, despite them being quite a few by now. People didn't even bother with making such a big deal about the Pandaren Monk or any other of the pets for example, although their use compared to the Celestial steed's is zero. Makes one wonder why it's attracting so much attention, doesn't it?

Blizzard may indeed be trying to test how far they can go with luring their customers to such a purchase. Maybe they are already considering to do the same with weapons/armor set in the future, who knows. Those who see this a possible scenario are panicking, since they would hate for this to happen. They feel compelled to act against it, by not only refusing to buy it, but also by demonstrating their frustration towards the ones who seem oblivious to this threat, by mocking them and use arguments we all know by now.

On the other hand, the fools (according to the first group's opinion), who are mindlessly marching in flocks to Blizzard's store to get their shiny mount, don't even bother with any doomsday theories. They only want to have the pretty pixels dance on their screen and the amount of cash spent for this, is more than justifiable for the aesthetic or practical uses which it provides. For them, it's definitely worth it to not go to the movies twice in order to get the mount. Some of them even go into a defensive stance towards the first group's mockery, thus coming up with silly arguments, in order to defend their choice.

So, who of the two groups is right and who's wrong? None. Or both, depending on how one looks at it. The whole argument between the two groups has become a joke by now. None of the two will back away any time soon. So, why don't we all relax, at least on this forum, lean back and join Cyaska in signing "Look at my horse, my horse is amazing" instead? Very Happy
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:47 pm

I think there's a huge difference between this and some of the other stuff that's been added. The Pandaren Monk for instance was at least a sign of charity(at least during that time period). With the Gryphon plushie you actually gets something physical and tangible, where the pet comes more as a bonus.

This one however, not only goes for a whooping 20€ (again, almost the price of a full expansion), but also has nothing in addition to being an unlock in a game you already pay a monthly subscription to support.

At the end of the day, I think this discussion is about value for money, all I'm saying is that, wether you like it or not, you vote with your wallets. If you support this by buying it you're giving Blizzard very good reasons to take these kinds of things even further. I personally don't want that, at all.

But hey, ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your 20€ pixels in a game you already pay for.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:50 pm

What made me respond to this post in the first place was some people trying to make it seem as "the same thing" to pay for WoW's subscription and buying this mount.

As long as we're in the clear on that it's not, I have nothing more to add.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:51 pm

See now this is the thing, it's down to personal opinion and posts like that Ataris leave the reader with a bitter feeling that you insulted them, when to be frank your opinion value for money isn't more important than anyone elses.

And I seriously don't think anyone was under that illusion Andrek...o.o

Last edited by Nygarth/Rir'rae on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:See now this is the thing, it's down to personal opinion and posts like that Ataris leave the reader with a bitter feeling that you insulted them, when to be frank you're opinion value for money isn't more important than anyone elses.

And I seriously don't think anyone was under that illusion Andrek...o.o

I'm absolutely certain that they were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:53 pm

I think people stated that, buying this mount wasn't 'sad' or 'wasting money on pixels' because we all pay for WoW which in the end is just pixels.

Which is true.

But in completely different contexts.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:I think people stated that, buying this mount wasn't 'sad' or 'wasting money on pixels' because we all pay for WoW which in the end is just pixels.

Which is true.

But in completely different contexts.

No, the mount IS wasting money on pixels, I think we can agree on that the mount is indeed pixels. (and we can put wether its worth it to the buyer or not aside, thats not the point here)

Now tell me you only play WoW for graphics?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Hence them being in different contexts, however I don't consider something like the mount to be wasteful if someone enjoys using it.

A golfer doesn't need to buy new golfclubs, but he might just to have a new set that looks better and acts better.

Besides, wasn't you the person that stated that money spent on cinema tickets is spent well? If you enjoy it, yeah.
Same rolls for this.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:Besides, wasn't you the person that stated that money spent on cinema tickets is spent well? If you enjoy it, yeah.
Same rolls for this.

I think you failed to see the point with me even saying that.

I said cinema, or a trip downtown, because that would have been faaar closer to what we do on WoW than what the mount is. Because there is a social factor to it.

And the difference with golfclubs is that you actually need them to play the game - Such as a WoW subscription is needed to actually play the game. And if the golfer buys new clubs just because he feels like it, then yes, its exactly the same principle as with the mount - And a lot of people out there would call it a proper waste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:09 pm

You're not comparing like with like, just stating what someone else could buy with the money. You could easily, and I would agree with you, spend the cash on charities or whatever, but that isn't a fair comparison.

Instead;
Think of WoW as being the cinema, and the mount being the popcorn.

You go the cinema, you can choose to go straight in and enjoy your movie or you can choose to buy some popcorn to enjoy during the movie.

It doesn't matter which choice you take, you're still going to enjoy the movie alas some people would prefer to enjoy it alittle bit more with their personal preference of popcorn/drink/sweets.
Does that then make the popcorn etc a waste of money?

Nine people out of ten would say no and show it by continuing to buy the popcorn on returning visits.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:You're not comparing like with like, just stating what someone else could buy with the money. You could easily, and I would agree with you, spend the cash on charities or whatever, but that isn't a fair comparison.

Instead;
Think of WoW as being the cinema, and the mount being the popcorn.

You go the cinema, you can choose to go straight in and enjoy your movie or you can choose to buy some popcorn to enjoy during the movie.

It doesn't matter which choice you take, you're still going to enjoy the movie alas some people would prefer to enjoy it alittle bit more with their personal preference of popcorn/drink/sweets.
Does that then make the popcorn etc a waste of money?

Nine people out of ten would say no.

I never compared it to charities, I'm a selfish bastard. I compared it to something social, and while you made a decent point with the popcorn, I can assure you nine people out of ten would say yes, when the popcorn cost more than the movie itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum