Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyb0rline DBS - To Catch a ERPer

+17
Zhakiri
Lavian
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Jayse
Wubeh
Grufftoof
Phreek
Shaena/Enys
Nayan
Mandui
Morgeth
Elízabéth Moren
Geldar
Cathee Norris
Zinkle Figgins
Gunnell
21 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cyb0rline DBS - To Catch a ERPer - Page 4 Empty Re: Cyb0rline DBS - To Catch a ERPer

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Vargosh/Trave/Thandros wrote:And all the blood and gore is gone aswell. Why? They want more people to pay for the game, more players. They made it underaged. But how much do they care? D:

They care enough to cover their asses by putting it in their regulations.

Back to top Go down

Cyb0rline DBS - To Catch a ERPer - Page 4 Empty Re: Cyb0rline DBS - To Catch a ERPer

Post by Sanara Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:33 pm

I went looking for an old post I made on the official RP forums about the subject, but I couldn't find it so I'll instead summarize what I remember writing:

Direct character interactions is essentially what RP revolves around, and the main source for character driven plot. This applies to sex as well.

When characters get together for sex it can be for a lot of reasons, from stress relief between battle-brothers to a drunken one-night five-minute stand in a shady corner of the Mage District, to the first night two recently met lovers consumate their feelings and ultimately form a lifelong connection.

All of these different scenarios play out differently, and at that, different characters may act differently pre-, mid-, and post-coitus.

For two characters with an established relationship the way things play out become less relevant to their character development. However, the 'first time' or a similarily 'relevant' encounter can take on any number of turns and, ultimately, lead to a very different RP.

And yeah, I am speaking from experience. Sometimes it's just more fun to play it out.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Merandil wrote:And yeah, I am speaking from experience. Sometimes it's just more fun to play it out.

Let me assure you, the real thing is a lot more fun than typing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:51 pm

The hypocrisy is riding high.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

'sup, wut did I miss people? :3
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:
Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:Maybe we all RP because it's fun to do? Could it actually be that... *Le gasp!* Those people who ERP actually enjoy that too? Blasphemy! They shouldn't be allowed to have fun through ERP like people have fun in their normal sexual life.
As someone previously mentioned, there are regulations about this kind of behavior. In addition, it's a given that there will be violence in this game, which is why the ESRB have marked it as 12+, but sexual content is not included in that rating. Thus the regulations regarding this subject.
Let's go by that point. Wouldn't actually promoting such activity, in the RP forums and the realm forums, also fall under those "regulations"? See, the thing is, x and y cyb0red for THEMSELVES. Not with the intention to show it to the world (including minors). By making threads all around to show who you "caught in the act Very Happy:D:D" you'd be doing just that. Promoting it. Intentionally. With what intention? To embarass them? So, you'd come to my house, take pics of me fucking someone and then spread them in posters all over the city... why? That's why I find it more sad than the actual ERP. Some ERP with a reason. Either IC or OOC. Bottomline, it's none of your god damn business, and trying to make it so, is only making a fool of whomever tries.

PS: There's two words relating strongly here... Puritanism and Hypocrisy. Both far worse than ERP or sex, believe me. So tired of everyone going nun-mode "omg sex is bad" when they'd be the neighborhood's gangbang freebie if they could get away with it anonymously.

PPS: Keep ESRB where it is, please, we don't need that $#1^ here.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Nayan wrote:Bottomline, it's none of your god damn business, and trying to make it so, is only making a fool of whomever tries.

Actually, going by THAT, it actually can, indirectly, become my business.

I've been in a guild where two people were caught ERPing. They were kicked from it. A new member, who wasn't even there when those people were removed, heard about the incident and went, "EW, sorry, but I can't associate with a guild that has ERPers in it. /gquit"

I've also been an officer in a guild where complaints were brought to my attention about a member's recent actions that could be seen along the lines of ERP. I'm not gonna go into detail, but the GL and I discussed the incident and decided to remove that player.

Constantly, RP guilds are forced to deal with these incidents. And the officers involved have decisions to make. Sure, said person can be a DAMN GOOD RPer, but they do not want the ERP this person indulges in to be associated with their guild, so they are kicked from it.

It's everyone's business, and you know as much as I do that a guild's reputation can be smeared to hell and back if they push to keep the members who ERP among their ranks. Not matter how good a player that member could be, this sort of behavior is not tolerated in MANY guilds, and not just RP ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Some find it as part of their character's development, other do it simply because it's pleasurable. Regardless of what reason anyone might have to practice erotic roleplay, it's their own decision to do or not do so. No need to mock either side really. With this said, I honestly couldn't care less what people do with their game time, provided that such activities are held in private (and when I say private, I don't mean in a building, where people can see the emotes by standing outside. I mean /p or /w chats). People should go ahead and enjoy it, if they so wish. But just like no one in their right minds would get it on in the middle of a busy public place (and we all know what consequences that would have xD), so should people keep in private in game.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Graham, seriously.ROFL at the Chris Hensen imitation, you made my day sir.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Mandui wrote:But just like no one in their right minds would get it on in the middle of a busy public place

Some people get off on that, I guess. Well that, and doing it on anonymous level 1 alts to watch people's flustered reactions is no doubt priceless - kinda like Finn's in this thread, really.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Merandil wrote:
Some people get off on that, I guess. Well that, and doing it on anonymous level 1 alts to watch people's flustered reactions is no doubt priceless - kinda like Finn's in this thread, really.
Well, those who get off on that should not whine when they get busted either.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Merandil wrote:
Mandui wrote:But just like no one in their right minds would get it on in the middle of a busy public place

I admit, I am very (and passionately) against this ERP business. Obviously. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:It's everyone's business,
No. It really isn't any more of your business than your private sex life is my own business... Which is : not.

and you know as much as I do that a guild's reputation can be smeared to hell and back
It can. That's entirely different. That's giving a bad name to your guild. Poke an officer. It's among their duties. Doesn't justify anyone going around to "dig" for ERP and splashing it in 2 forums, really.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Nayan wrote:That's entirely different. That's giving a bad name to your guild. Poke an officer. It's among their duties.

Which is what was done when I had to deal with those situations.

Nayan wrote:Doesn't justify anyone going around to "dig" for ERP and splashing it in 2 forums, really.

You do what YOU want, others will do what THEY want. Fine, you don't agree with it. We get that. But criticizing people about going around looking for this and taking screenies about it is hypocritical considering the subject of this thread, which is about those who choose to ERP. It's like going, "ZOMG, let people do what they want, you can't chase them around for doing what they like to do!! So stop doing what you like to do and let them do what they like to do!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm

That sounds like a Goons argument, Finn. "We pay to play the game so we can do whatever we like no matter how others feel about it".
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Merandil wrote:That sounds like a Goons argument, Finn. "We pay to play the game so we can do whatever we like no matter how others feel about it".

Yes, that's because I'm the super-secret Goons agent that's been spying on you all and telling all my guildies in-game about your activities.

...please note the heavy sarcasm.

But honestly, let me rephrase your arguement: "We pay to play the game so we can do whatever we like, no matter how others feel about it, as long as it does not violate the game rules and regulations, nor does our playing style infringe on anyone else's enjoyment of the game."

No one has the right to be offended about anything, to be honest. If you laugh at one thing, you can't just turn around and claim something else offends you, because it doesn't work that way! Someone will always be offended by something and if we go around censoring everything, there'd be very little left for enjoyment.

I disagree with cyborsex/ERP. When I'm confronted with it, I do what I can/must, as there are rules and regulations that protect against it. Do I go chasing it down? No, I don't. But others do. They want to have fun that way, it's not within my rights to say, "You're out of line!!" because they're not breaking any rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Harassment "for fun" is still harassment, mate. It's not "hypocrisy" to condemn it while accepting something that someone else percieves as offensive.

To put it simply, ERPers don't follow others around with the intent to offend them. That's what makes it "okay" in this context.

Last edited by Merandil on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Merandil wrote:Harassment "for fun" is still harassment, mate.

That's what the report option is for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Silly nublets. Should've used party chat..
<Stares at you>
What.. What?! ...Why are you looking at me like that, ...A BLOOD ELF HAS TO PAY FOR HIS MANASHARDS! ...Sad
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:Yes, that's because I'm the super-secret Goons agent that's been spying on you all and telling all my guildies in-game about your activities.

I did notice the "heavy sarcasm". However, you fit their mentality 100%.

Other than that, if you don't see how retarded it would be for someone to break into my house to "catch me" have sex with my woman, only to prounce around like some damn internet "hero", I'll rest my case, cause it frankly doesn't deserve more typing.

If anyone needs a levee to get the head out of where it's stuck, I have some spare in my garage I think, gimme a ring.

PS: And yeah... speaking of "report"... would someone please remind me how this thread even belongs here? And.. Wasn't it posted in realm forums, too? What's with the doubleposting?
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Nayan\ wrote:
Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:Yes, that's because I'm the super-secret Goons agent that's been spying on you all and telling all my guildies in-game about your activities.

Other than that, if you dont see how retarded it would be for someone to break into my house to "catch me" have sex with my woman, only to prounce around like some damn internet "hero", I'll rest my case, cause it frankly doesn't deserve more typing.

If anyone needs a levee to get the head out of where it's stuck, I have some spare in my garage I think, gimme a ring.

Personal attacks, eh?

And its not like he is going into their house, its more like he is going into the city and find 2 people going at it out in the fucking open. But I do aggre than going \"SHAAAAAAAME ON THY HAI GUISE LOOK AT THESE GUYS THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG!" is silly.

Last edited by Wubeh on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : WHO THE FUCK RAPED MY QUOTES?)
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Nayan wrote:

Other than that, if you don't see how retarded it would be for someone to break into my house to "catch me" have sex with my woman, only to prounce around like some damn internet "hero", I'll rest my case, cause it frankly doesn't deserve more typing.

PS: And yeah... speaking of "report"... would someone please remind me how this thread even belongs here? And.. Wasn't it posted in realm forums, too? What's with the doubleposting?

Sometimes lad, the levee breaks and nothing'll ever change.

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Nayan wrote:

I disagree with that completely. I can't say I've witnessed their actions personally, but if their intentions are (according to what I've heard) to ruin the Defias Brotherhood RP community, then you're damn right I'm 100% against what they're doing. However, they're protected by the rules and regulations Blizzard set down, just as much as we are. If they break the rules, then fine...action can be taken. But if they stick to those rules, no one can do anything about it, that's the sad truth.

Nayan wrote:Other than that, if you don't see how retarded it would be for someone to break into my house to "catch me" have sex with my woman, only to prounce around like some damn internet "hero", I'll rest my case, cause it frankly doesn't deserve more typing.

But we're not talking about stalking people IRL. We're talking about stalking ERPers in a game. Huge difference. Smile

Nayan wrote:And.. Wasn't it posted in realm forums, too? What's with the doubleposting?

...so are many recruitment threads, posted both here and on the realm forum. o_o Do they get taken off too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Actually, both of these cases were when I'd ran into these people whilst riding around and decided to stay and watch the lulz.

The second was meant as a parody of Dateline NBC - To Catch a Predator, with Chris Hansen.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Nayan and Fel.
With respect, shut up.

You're not getting anywhere except emptying your minds with stuff people doesn't really care about.
ERP is one of those subjects, that if you're for it, you are. Against it, you are.
Hard to change with arguements and discussions.

Now spread some love instead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next