Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilneas/worgen rp

+6
Raenmar
Magaskawee/Anaei
Feral / Blackfall
Skarain
siegmund
Tuomas/Decurius
10 posters

Go down

Gilneas/worgen rp Empty Gilneas/worgen rp

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 pm

First of all: I know not all worgen are Gilnean, and not all Gilnean are worgen. Very Happy

Secondly: After the 'The Greymane Legacy' guild demise, for many reasons, OOC drama and the prevention of any rp in contested zones(*cough*Aboc *cough*), and the subsequent slow but inesorable death and then rebirth of Gilneas Liberation Front(my compliments to Raenmar for the effort and the skill shown in keeping it on after everything), the worgen/Gilneas rp is quite dead.
Sure the period is quite dire(end of expansion, end of summer and such), but still it seems that Gilneas rpers, or those who want to ty to roleplay one have just one guild to refer, which is though a heavy military guild, which doesn't fit all kind of chars, and that brings many people to get scattered among many guilds, and thus not existing a Gilnean guild/OOC rp organization. In part that it is normal and in line with the Gilnean situation in the first place(Gilnean npcs are scattered almost anywhere, without true HQ, and please don't tell me that the Howling Oak is the Gilnean HQ, because that's laughable, and surely it is rp wise).

My question is: there is interest in this kind of rp? If there is, there is anything we could do to relive it? If there is, what it is?
/discuss
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Gilneas/worgen rp Empty Re: Gilneas/worgen rp

Post by siegmund Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, at this moment any gilnean like rpers (worgen Gilneans or human) are a bit scatered among the guilds as you said.

If you want to bring Gilneans together you should start with some kind of event, like mass for example for the faithful. There is SW council for the Nobles and Organizations and so on and on.

So if you do plan something, i sugest a Meeting Evets every week similar to this. Maybe not just for the Gilneans, but also for all citizens.

Gilneans are scatereed, so i guess make Gatherings. Some people would still like to see their old friends, share old memories, see how others are doing, have a drink for old times sake. IF you plan a guild, it's better to make it a citizen guild, with industry, farmers, workers, maybe some small officials and maybe a small citizen guards office(WE need guards atm, any kind).

Thats my sugestion, i personaly have 2 worgen one is Non-Gilnean the other is, yet i rarely play the other one unless there is oportunities to create chaos.

But good luck, i suport this idea, even if i might not join in.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Lorewise, only group that makes sense to me is < Gilneas Liberation Front >, as they fight to get back their country. Otherwise Gilneans seem to blend in to the Alliance, just like many different colored humans in our great cities in real life.

I do not support an idea of a non-military Gilnean guild. If you wish to see Gilnean RP, i suggest you to organize events as a part of < Gilneas Liberation Front >.

I got no interest in Gilnean RP myself because my character 'Skarain' got no reason to care about her countrymen.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Another possibility is to do what I believe the Arathorians are doing currently: establish an RP center in Stormwind itself (or one in Stormwind, one in Darnassus--or ask a Darnassian guild to refer Gilneans to Stormwind ICly) which aims to help displaced Gilnean refugees.

From this you could create a guild of Gilnean refugees trying to either rebuild a home, or simply have a group to belong to after their displacement--say, if they are only just leaving the wars back home ICly. You could also accept Gilneans who have long-since left Gilneas but who still have no place, or group, to call home or family.

I would say to also roll with Siegmund's idea, that is, have meetings among Gilneans who aren't part of the guild. I would check out attending those myself, as would the other Worgen/Gilneans scattered around the other guilds, I bet.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Lorewise, only group that makes sense to me is < Gilneas Liberation Front >, as they fight to get back their country. Otherwise Gilneans seem to blend in to the Alliance, just like many different colored humans in our great cities in real life.
I do not support an idea of a non-military Gilnean guild. If you wish to see Gilnean RP, i suggest you to organize events as a part of < Gilneas Liberation Front >.
That's assuming that every Gilnean on Azeroth is interested in retaking the country, and/or is somehow member of the military, which is flat out wrong, as seen as we have many Gilneans scattered, and most of them are -not- soldiers. We have mothers and fathers, we have young people and old people, we have refugees, we have soldiers, many(though not so many, I'd say) and we have people who haven't ever wielded a weapon. Do you see Grandma Wahl in GLF? Thinking that all these kinds of people could fit in the 'box' of GLF(unless the guild itself doesn't change very much) is absurd, being it an heavy military guild. GLF can't be for Gilneas what the Three Hammers is for dwarves, or Naaruvada/Ere Argus is for draenei, or even NG is for elves, and I think that, as a principle, Raenamar agrees with me.
Btw, I'm not thinking of a 'civilian guild' of sorts, especially not in the guise 'The Greymane Legacy' was, but a sort of organization, an acknowledgment that Gilneans are Gilneans, not just some men ended up in the Alliance 'because worgen are cool to see'. And from that acknowledgment, create some rp.

(If somehow sounded aggressive, it's not.)

From this you could create a guild of Gilnean refugees trying to either rebuild a home, or simply have a group to belong to after their displacement--say, if they are only just leaving the wars back home ICly. You could also accept Gilneans who have long-since left Gilneas but who still have no place, or group, to call home or family.

I would say to also roll with Siegmund's idea, that is, have meetings among Gilneans who aren't part of the guild. I would check out attending those myself, as would the other Worgen/Gilneans scattered around the other guilds, I bet.
You got me perfectly. Wink
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm

I wish people would rp Gilneans in Kalimdor, it's kinda where a lot of their lore is now, and if you ever read Wolfheart it makes more sense for them to be there, than in Stormwind, or even Gilneas.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:I wish people would rp Gilneans in Kalimdor, it's kinda where a lot of their lore is now, and if you ever read Wolfheart it makes more sense for them to be there, than in Stormwind, or even Gilneas.

Makes sense since there are some worgen present in Ashenvale, i think in Forest Song. Where some houses are being bult.. or are those tents... Well anywho!

Point is people are searching for their old families as well, like Tobias Mistmanle -> Duskwood and stuff.
Now you just have to decide what kind of rp you want. Yes Retaking Gilneas would be a good idea and yes normal untrained citizenes did help in "liberating" it in the quest chain. But right now, unless you have military traning... ya Being a Warewolf is a big advantage..

Still, i belive meetings and finding new homes, long lost relatives, making a diffrence, ajusting (Well ok it's been over a year now...).

But ya, the guild is GLF, the rest have moved on, or are still moving on. But your legacy remains, so having kind of Gatherings would be nice. Though be prepared for: "Oh... MY... Gosh ! What are all these Wolves doing here?!"

As said many times Gilneans are still proud people, even if far from home, they will try to remember it in some way.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:58 pm

We intended to start accepting civilians. It'd bring them together OOC to find Gilnean RP, while ICly they'd be unrelated, not affiliated with the GLF. We still do accept civilians, but we never fully worked things out. Ranks are military-oriented, events are military-oriented.

If there was actually any demand for Gilnean civilian RP, and no other options arose, the GLF would adapt to facilitate it. Although, our military side isn't purely Gilnean anymore, so we couldn't say we're the Gilnean version of TTH.

Right now though, that's not worth the work it would take. Most Gilnean/Worgen RPers are dispersed in the Stormwind community, and most of the remnants of TGL are gone.

The idea of actually RPing in Gilneas might bring more people, but getting to the zone isn't exactly our priority. As a military guild, there's more emphasis on the war to get there. But again, if there was a demand for RP in Gilneas, we could adapt.

As for Aboc, as long as we're on an RPPvP server, we need to make compromises. We can flee to blueshield zones and wait for them to go away (look how that turned out), or we can stay in contested zones. If we stay in contested zones then we've got two options; RP in raidchat and don't ress, or gear up to fight them. I'm fine with either of those options, but if we ever intend to take RP back to Gilneas, people need to be aware of the compromises they'll need to make.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Raenmar wrote:

The idea of actually RPing in Gilneas might bring more people, but getting to the zone isn't exactly our priority. As a military guild, there's more emphasis on the war to get there. But again, if there was a demand for RP in Gilneas, we could adapt.

Said it once, say it again. The Night Elf community is booming and could use some company on that big tree. Tyrande herself gave yer people a home there.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Having only one ship, basing ourselves on the other continent while we're fighting the war isn't practical. As for non-military Gilnean RP, don't see why not. The first assembly meeting was held in the Howling Oak, although as far as I remember, most Gilnean RPers still mostly RPed in Stormwind. Hard to get people out of that habit, especially when most people have the idea that time in RP doesn't matter, so think the journey from Teldrassil to SW is trivial.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Sorta off-topic, here's one of my basic excuses for too short travel times:
1. Hire a ship.
2. Hire a shaman to guarantee good winds.
3. Short travel time was made, and even though it's flawed it beats awful portals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:36 am

Heh, agreed that it's better than portals. Still, with a military concept especially, travel times are a large part of our RP.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:18 am

I tried to roleplay a Gilnean Harvest Cleric in Darnassus/Teldrassil/Ashenvale a few month ago but got nowhere unfortunately. All of my characters are Worgen (literally), I love the race. Gilnean roleplay is something I'd love to support (did so in the Greymane Legacy and Dreadhowl Pack) but sadly I don't have the time for it right now.

I'd love to see Gilnean roleplay in my previous mentioned Kal'dorei locations. It just makes sense to me and there's -somewhat- of a community there already. Why not join them?

P.S. I wish Natures Grasp accepted Worgen Sad
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 pm

I personally gave up Gilnean roleplay after Gilneas became impossible to RP in. I didn't like worgen, and I didn't like RPing in your usual blue zones. If only Gilneas was a blue zone or phased or something... D:
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:09 pm

We managed to continue. RP in raidchat, or gear up and fight back. Compromises like that will always need to be made when you're RPing on an RPPvP server, but it isn't much of a problem.

Yes yes, GLF died too. Entirely unrelated causes, though. Ganking wasn't having much effect at all by the end.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 am

Officially there are a lot of worgen players out there. Simple i sugest you go to Realm forums and post this there. With a bit of luck, spicy new ideas and people you'll surely be able to do something.

Ofc, sugestion: Natures Grasp can teach worgen how to control their new forms. Just make a event once in a while and add worgen and Elves and you'll get something out of it. Here you can also show how people play worgen - fully in control, not fully, etc.

Also a perfect way to pull in newer worgen Rpers.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:46 am

Last edited by siegmund on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 pm

For anyone still interested in Gilnean RP, you should consider attending the weekly meetings hosted by Longknife in the Howling Oak: Wednesdays, 21:00 server time.

On the 17th October, there'll be a bigger than usual meeting, along with a Gilneas memorial event.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 pm

siegmund wrote:Officially there are a lot of worgen players out there. Simple i sugest you go to Realm forums and post this there. With a bit of luck, spicy new ideas and people you'll surely be able to do something.

Ofc, sugestion: Natures Grasp can teach worgen how to control their new forms. Just make a event once in a while and add worgen and Elves and you'll get something out of it. Here you can also show how people play worgen - fully in control, not fully, etc.

Also a perfect way to pull in newer worgen Rpers.

I did a mini event with Nature's Grasp with my char when she got turned. They did it amazingly good to only have less then an hour to prepere it. So I suggest everyone to contact them if you want an event concerning that, because they are really good!
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:I wish people would rp Gilneans in Kalimdor, it's kinda where a lot of their lore is now, and if you ever read Wolfheart it makes more sense for them to be there, than in Stormwind, or even Gilneas.

There are plenty of Worgs in Gilneas/silverpine if the Forsaken Qs are anything to go by. I am sure NG would love new furry friends tho so why not do both, your cake and eat it.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down