Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde RP in MoP (spoiler alert)

+16
Raene
Ralegh
Thrakha
erwtenpeller
Cid
Iltharen
itsy
Morgeth
Lexgrad
Sadok
Ixirar
Magaskawee/Anaei
Rmuffn
Vaell
Sonitus
Kozgugore Feraleye
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Horde RP in MoP (spoiler alert) Empty Horde RP in MoP (spoiler alert)

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

So in the following post, you will have to expect some spoilers from both the upcoming MoP expansion as well as the upcoming book, Tides of War. Some of the excerpts here may not be from an official source, but nonetheless from a source that has read throughout the book and given brief summaries of what's happening (for those lazy ones among us or just lacking the time to actually read it ourselves). So without further ado: Spoilers!

It's no secret by now that Garrosh has been on a bit of a Dark Horde-esque tour for a while now. This is all the more confirmed in the upcoming book, where he not only seems to have recruited Blackrock orcs into his ranks, but is openly making use of so-called Dark Shaman (according to some sources, Twilight cultists) as well. Heck, he even uses a Blackrock lieutenant whose orders are purely to keep a close eye on fellow Hordies and even seems to have killed or beaten up the opposition to Garrosh on the middle of the street. Moreover, Garrosh goes on about "submitting the elements to their will", which is as close to the Old Horde as it gets.

So what does this mean for Horde RP? It seems the tables are almost turned now. Whereas the "traditionalists" (loyal to Thrall, you could say) were once the ruling mob, it now appears to be the Garrosh-loyalists who rule the streets now, in a matter of speaking. These loyalists could in fact easily play along in this whole iron fisted rule thing, whereas the traditionalists will have to suppress their objections to Garrosh' Horde and be careful as to who they trust.

It's especially this latter point that interests me. This could be a great opportunity to get some real life back into inter-guild RP on Horde side. On one side, you have the loyalists moping around, and on of the other side you have the traditionalists trying to keep a low profile. In the latter case, there could even be a resistance of some sort put up, keeping into account the rumoured events to take place at the end of the MoP expansion (raid on Orgrimmar, so I've been told anyway). You could think of an "underground resistance group" so to speak, meeting in secret and scheming to bring balance back to the Horde, whilst the loyalists attempt to root them out and have them trialed for betrayal.

Of course, there's far more that comes into account in this situation, but this is but a brief take on what we could very well realize, should there be enough interest in it. If so, it should make for an interesting setting on the Horde side indeed.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Horde RP in MoP (spoiler alert) Empty Re: Horde RP in MoP (spoiler alert)

Post by Sonitus Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:27 pm

I can only speak for the Banner, though not everyone in it of course, when I say we're more likely to lean to the traditionalist angle.

All the same, if we could have a group on Horde side who's purpose was to be Garrosh loyalists, to hold him up above all others and enforce his will? Well that would be a really great spark for everyone to interact! Imagine it like our own Horde inquisition!

Though I realise this may cause some splits, I know of several Tauren who are quite firmly behind Garrosh and his directions. Even now, those who support Garrosh voice thier praise freely. Those who do not are hushed up about it. But you get the impression there is something they wont say. I'm sure Blood Elves in Silvermoon can relate quite well to holding thier tongues and smiling about thier leaders!

If this came to pass the Banner would more than likely take the traditionalist stance and perhaps leave Mulgore for fear of bringing down the axes on thier fellows round the village. Maybe bum around the world for a bit, see about looking for friends and allies.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Indeed, there's a bit of a risk of perhaps splitting up a few guilds from the inside ICly, but that could be just part of the fun that comes along with it. Moreover, part of the fun could be whatever few (or many in a bad case) guilds banding together and trying to hide from plain sight, moving from camp to camp to evade the eh... Orcish Inquisition, as you so deftly put. The only problem is coming along the loyalists, because the last -real- guild I've known like that, the Blackblood Clan, appears to be gone now. Time for a new one to stand up!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 pm

It's a shame I killed off Drogu prior to this as he was a loyalist to Garrosh.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 am

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:Indeed, there's a bit of a risk of perhaps splitting up a few guilds from the inside ICly, but that could be just part of the fun that comes along with it.

Agreed. We've already had our own squabbles over ends and means, Im looking forward to the material it's going to provide us with though!

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:Moreover, part of the fun could be whatever few (or many in a bad case) guilds banding together and trying to hide from plain sight, moving from camp to camp to evade the eh... Orcish Inquisition, as you so deftly put.
Dibs on your tent. If Morgeth doesn't mind an 800 pound minotaur trying to hog the covers that is. In any case, might be a good way for some guilds to pull together. If Red Blades would be up for a "resistance" style group moving over the continents, I sure as hell know im game. It might just be the way we need to start bringing Horde RP a bit closer together. At present, we're very spread out. We actually have the people; they're just all over the place. An opportunity like this might be just what we're looking for. I can picture the lot of us held up together in Hammerfell (I happen to love Hammerfell, I would like to find a reason to be there IC) for a few weeks, then move on to our next sort of "safe-area", which could always have Garrosh loyalists waiting for us at it. Or even the alliance...

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:The only problem is coming along the loyalists, because the last -real- guild I've known like that, the Blackblood Clan, appears to be gone now. Time for a new one to stand up!
Perhaps we could try kicking up some more awareness? Perhaps even make a post for it in the LFRP threads and see if we can -hopefully- get someone to coordinate it?
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 am

Vaell wrote:It's a shame I killed off Drogu prior to this as he was a loyalist to Garrosh.

As was my orc. Blizzard were too slow with this expansion!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:49 am

Ofc I go out during the time this debate arises!

I cannot -wait- for this. If it hasn't been mentioned Garrosh during MoP (the book I believe) issues an edict that you obey or die. So it's not just careful who you trust, it's full on NAzi-germany esque whisper through cracks in the wall. I -pray- a pro-garrosh secret police arises, visiting Horde hubs and really shaking crap up.

I know for a fact this will really divide us moos. Many are Pro-Thrall and fiercely anti-Garrosh while some Tauren, my own included are -very- behind Garrosh, even though they think he's crazy. Then there is the third, who even by traditionalist standard are.. iffy, those that consort with Night Elves.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Loving this idea. Makes me wish I RPed orcs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Dwyburn wrote:Loving this idea. Makes me wish I RPed orcs.

Never too late, nor too hard.

I've heard a sterotype that Horde RP is hard for people to get into, unless it's via Blood Elves, but it really isn't. If anything it can be much more interesting to really try and role-play something that isn't quite human/elf.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Hmmm... Might go ahead and make a garrosh-fanboy. Might.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:38 pm

I like the Garrosh Horde if only because it resembles the Dark Horde, my favourite canonical faction in the entire WOW Universe.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Certainly interesting scope for RP! Sadok would likely be split down the middle - he's pro-Garrosh, but his loyalties to the Red Blades have taken primacy. I suppose it's a matter of figuring out how transparently ebulz Garrosh acts before the Siege - I can only assume there'll be some form of Wrathgate-type incident that officially outs him.

I do find it somewhat interesting how Garrosh has been nigh-universally slated by many characters whilst RPing, despite the descriptions of his popularity rivaling that of Thrall after the Warsong Offensive war-effort, and the subtle suggestions of totalitarianism (Hellscream's eyes are upon you). I'm unsure whether we'll eventually see a Garrosh loyalist guild (I certainly hope so!), but I can certainly see rifts and factions appearing in existing guilds.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm

See people assume because we're dethroning Garrosh, we're killing him. There's been a -lot- of hints that we in fact simply remove him as Warchief. The Pandaren apparently change his views on war, but not fast enough clearly, as we take him down.

I think there is still a lot of story left for young Hellscream.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:See people assume because we're dethroning Garrosh, we're killing him. There's been a -lot- of hints that we in fact simply remove him as Warchief. The Pandaren apparently change his views on war, but not fast enough clearly, as we take him down.

I think there is still a lot of story left for young Hellscream.

I hope your right, I love Garrosh.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Sadok wrote:Certainly interesting scope for RP! Sadok would likely be split down the middle - he's pro-Garrosh, but his loyalties to the Red Blades have taken primacy. I suppose it's a matter of figuring out how transparently ebulz Garrosh acts before the Siege - I can only assume there'll be some form of Wrathgate-type incident that officially outs him.

I do find it somewhat interesting how Garrosh has been nigh-universally slated by many characters whilst RPing, despite the descriptions of his popularity rivaling that of Thrall after the Warsong Offensive war-effort, and the subtle suggestions of totalitarianism (Hellscream's eyes are upon you). I'm unsure whether we'll eventually see a Garrosh loyalist guild (I certainly hope so!), but I can certainly see rifts and factions appearing in existing guilds.

Red Blade do not follow the war chief?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Red blades are loyal to the warchief, but I am unsure of how our supreme leader will view Garrosh's future methods, and how he'll respond to them. Denouncing the warchief at any rate is kind of like asking to be killed. Which is why doing it cloak and dagger style will probably bring a lot of fun.

I enjoy the idea of Garrosh's intimidating methods, they bring a bit of fear around to the RP. Friends turning against each other, turning each other in and so on. I'm sure that some of the victories and benefits Garrosh reaps for us will entice many orcs. I know some of my characters that will definitely feel motivated by it. And to IC'ly deal with that kind of personal conflict, that not even those closest to you might agree with you, is an interesting aspect.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Hellscreams eyes are upon you!

Personally I dont know how the story is gonna pan out but my orc is a Garrosh supporter. Likely until towards the end and depending how the story goes he might go down with the chief or whatever. I hope not too many orcs meta it and there are like 5 garrosh supporters and 1000000000000 Orcs who are like "I have a feeling it will go bad so I will stand against him"
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm pretty sure the orcs who don't believe in Garrosh base their decision on the fact that they think he's a dumbass, and not wanting to be on the "winning side". I can't believe I just had to write that, but hey.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Graknash the orc berserker is now a fact. An alt fact, but hey, still counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:02 pm

I refer more to the sometimes blight of RPers that they always must be on the "winning side". IE My Orc will be against Garrosh and as MoP develops I can be vindicated. Yet to be against Garrosh currently as you say is to be an Orc that is against victory as he has done more in war for the Horde than any Orc since Blackhand and though you might question the future sustainablity of the war effort, are the majority of the Orcs going to look at that or the victories? I cant see Orcs as a race with Longtermistic thoughts.

This isnt a poke at anyone here btw, my Orc is on AD.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Lexgrad wrote:I refer more to the sometimes blight of RPers that they always must be on the "winning side". IE My Orc will be against Garrosh and as MoP develops I can be vindicated. Yet to be against Garrosh currently as you say is to be an Orc that is against victory as he has done more in war for the Horde than any Orc since Blackhand and though you might question the future sustainablity of the war effort, are the majority of the Orcs going to look at that or the victories? I cant see Orcs as a race with Longtermistic thoughts.

Perhaps. The internal presentation of Garrosh's actions will certainly become very important to the orcish RPer. For instance, Theramore is a decisive victory that effectively guarantees Horde victory in the Central Kalimdor front (S. Barrens in particular) - perhaps Garrosh's greatest triumph yet. But if it is public knowledge that (hypothetically) it was achieved through the slaughter of civilians and children, it may prove a bitter pill to swallow particularly for veterans that recall sacrificing principles for victory under the Old Horde. Younger orcs may not care, wishing to regain past glories with little consideration for the way this is done.

The key is end versus means - victory is essential to orcish culture, but the means of victory is as integral (fighting with honor). The conflict would therefore be between those that believe in 'victory at any cost' or alternately in 'death before dishonor'. That I believe will be the split in Horde RP come Mists - the Siege of Orgrimmar seems to suggest that Garrosh will eventually commit an act so diabolical that he alienates even supporters of his prior actions.

We shall see at least! It's an interesting time for Horde RP, certainly.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Sadok wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:I refer more to the sometimes blight of RPers that they always must be on the "winning side". IE My Orc will be against Garrosh and as MoP develops I can be vindicated. Yet to be against Garrosh currently as you say is to be an Orc that is against victory as he has done more in war for the Horde than any Orc since Blackhand and though you might question the future sustainablity of the war effort, are the majority of the Orcs going to look at that or the victories? I cant see Orcs as a race with Longtermistic thoughts.

Perhaps. The internal presentation of Garrosh's actions will certainly become very important to the orcish RPer. For instance, Theramore is a decisive victory that effectively guarantees Horde victory in the Central Kalimdor front (S. Barrens in particular) - perhaps Garrosh's greatest triumph yet. But if it is public knowledge that (hypothetically) it was achieved through the slaughter of civilians and children, it may prove a bitter pill to swallow particularly for veterans that recall sacrificing principles for victory under the Old Horde. Younger orcs may not care, wishing to regain past glories with little consideration for the way this is done.

The key is end versus means - victory is essential to orcish culture, but the means of victory is as integral (fighting with honor). The conflict would therefore be between those that believe in 'victory at any cost' or alternately in 'death before dishonor'. That I believe will be the split in Horde RP come Mists - the Siege of Orgrimmar seems to suggest that Garrosh will eventually commit an act so diabolical that he alienates even supporters of his prior actions.

We shall see at least! It's an interesting time for Horde RP, certainly.

Theramore I believe, will be a dividing point. I feel the Horde will become Orc Vs. Rest. The orcs may believe in victory as the greatest achievement, even at the cost of civilians. But the slaughter and destruction of Theramore will cause great strain between the Tauren, Trolls and Blood Elves. Especially with Baine and Vol'jin being -very- anti-garrosh.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Do we know that Garrosh ordered it? It does kind of fly in the face of the Ashenvale ending.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm

He doesn't just order it, it was his plan in the first place.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 pm

It shouldn't really be about "who ends up to be the victor" in the first place. ICly, and so for the RPer behind the characters, it should be about what is right and what is wrong, sort of like how Sadok described it. Garrosh is a very "the end is more important than the means" kind of orc, whereas others pay great heed to the means and the ethical and "honourable" question of it. In fact, and here's another spoiler alert, Garrosh doesn't necessarily slaughter innocents in Theramore, but he does use a very unethical means by which he eventually reduces Theramore to rubble (namely a mana-bomb from the sky). I know an orc or two that would condone such a means of defeating your enemy.

Having read a few paragraphs from the book, I find it somewhat peeving in a way that Golden seems to describe -almost- every orc as a pro-Garrosh supporter, whereas I can imagine quite a few of them still hold dear to the traditional values that i.e. Thrall reintroduced to the Horde. By far not every orc is a short-sighted fool or even likes the kind of buffoonery Garrosh has been showing.

Still, that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any Garrosh-supportive RPers out there. In fact, I encourage it. It's just that one shouldn't be surprised -if- people do choose to go for the anti-Garrosh path, even if they're orc or otherwise. In that respect, you can expect quite a division within the Horde, and that should be the interesting part of it all.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next