Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOILER: The New Lich King.

+12
Lavian
Jomir
Ataris
Gogol
Geldar
Chase - Esou
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kozgugore Feraleye
Nayan
Gnar
Gunnell
Baròth / Olian
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SPOILER: The New Lich King. Empty SPOILER: The New Lich King.

Post by Baròth / Olian Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

I was browsing youtube today and i found something that peaked my interest: The cinematic after you've defeated Arthas. I warn alll of you who check this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G20e4FCJQLM&feature=related for it is a huge SPOILER ALERT written all over it. If you do however watch the vid, do leave some comments and tell us what you thought of it! Very Happy
Baròth / Olian
Baròth / Olian

Back to top Go down

SPOILER: The New Lich King. Empty Re: SPOILER: The New Lich King.

Post by Gunnell Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnar Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:54 pm

As someone who would never get to see it otherwise, I watched this with great interest. It had been theorised for quite a while based on Alexstraza's quest dialogue (where she says something along the lines of someone having a greater destiny). Interesting that it's someone from the Alliance again (even as pro-Orc as he was), but with the Cataclysm changes - I guess Horde get their own leader who takes up a greater role to keep Azeroth safe.

His final reaction is a bit weird, to me - but I guess having been tortured and burnt to a crisp, a while alone on the Frozen Throne will do him good. Nicely left open for the future, although it'll be interesting to see how Blizzard explain the fact that he doesn't manage to get the Scourge to ease up a bit (i.e. disappear from various places like the Plaguelands and things). He obviously had more Will than Arthas to be able to resist corruption in the first place - so getting the Scourge to retreat should be possible. My guess is that Blizzard won't bother... meaning he is the Lich King but nothing changes (the same as with Outland - everyone forgets the old one once the new expansion hits).

Gnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Extremly late. This was out on mmo a few days ago.

And I think, perhaps the Scourge will be gone with patch 4.0.0 - Cataclysm change-patch.
Since the world will be redone, who knows what might happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnar Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Gorge/Vargosh wrote:
And I think, perhaps the Scourge will be gone with patch 4.0.0 - Cataclysm change-patch.
Since the world will be redone, who knows what might happen.

Well they could do that with EPL and WPL, and anywhere else there's pockets of Scourge, sure. But they're not going to redo the whole of Northrend. So someone levelling 1-85 will go from a no-Arthas Azeroth (possibly Scourgeless), to a Northrend focussed on Arthas and the Scourge. Obviously the Scourge have to end up somewhere and can't all just disappear, so Northrend still being overrun makes sense (along with the line warning not to return - meaning the Scourge are likely to be defending their new kings privacy)... but will just be a bit odd in terms of Scourge. Obviously in terms of progression, as long as no quest before level 70 mentions the death of Arthas, then it won't affect the gameplay timeline for a player... but will just be a bit odd if nothing really changes.

Gnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 am

Normally I wouldn't watch it. But thank the tard druid in my pug yesterday, who instead of sufficing to his first greeting in /pchat, he proceeded to a "Have you guys watched the vid yet?" and a <this and this and that happens and this becomes the Lich King" spreading headdesks all over the group. So yeh, it was spoiled already, so I watched it.

Was it just me that actually found Arthas likeable in that vid?

PS:
a Northrend focussed on Arthas and the Scourge.
Well, half of it is natural. The Scourge would be in Northrend still, they can't just disappear. If they could just disappear there wouldn't be any need for a new Lich King. In regards to the quests mentioning Arthas, though... myeah... that would need to change, theoretically... however... I didn't see any Kael'thas or Vashj quests changing. And I didn't see any mentionings to Kil'jaeden changing either. Examples can flood the post, but you know them already. There is a discontinuation in Arthas' case, though, going from post-Arthas back to pre-Arthas and then back to post-Arthas, so maybe they will change them.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:36 am

Nayan wrote:Was it just me that actually found Arthas likeable in that vid?
I just thought he sounded like a wuss compared to his greatness in WC3.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Seeing Arthas in all kinds of quest related events and instances i kinda... you know.. thought he was taller.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Leveling is probably out of character since your "main" is the one who "lived" through the timeline.

All in all, lvling in northrend in cata will be ooc, I suppose Blizzard plans.

I loved Arthas in that movie. I always loved Arthas. Go Arthas! :>
P.S Everyone knew what was going to happen anyway. Before teh vid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Hoping for no scourge in Cataclysm. Do want some bright and colourful enemies in this expansion. Though I might be one of few who actually wants to see more dragons in the game... ;D

Anyone else thinking that "the scourge would overtake the world if they didn't have a leader" is one of the most cheap and stupid plot devices ever, by the way?
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:31 pm

I agreed on being a cheap plot device :<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm

That's actually a pretty cool video Very Happy, now to wait till level 85 for non gear caring Icecrown raids Very Happy.

Though when It seemed that Tirion was going to become the Lich King i was like "WHAAA!?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Me too. I said to myself I would do unspeakable, horrible acts on him.

But Bolvar saved the day, atleast on that topic.

Tirion Lich king? NO

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Another Alliance only affiliated charecter turns neutral, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

On a serious note, as a Motorhead song goes:

"The King left none living
None able to tell
The King took their heads
And he sent them to hell
Their screams they go loud
In the place of their death
Ripped open they die
With their final breath
They hailed the King
The King of Kings

Bow down to the
Bow down to the King
Bow down to the
Bow down to the King
Bow down to the
Bow down to the King

Into the dirt
His will be done
Now feel your fear
There can be only one

Bow down to the King!"

Fitting isnt it.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:09 pm

This is probally gona make someone angry at me again..
But I remeber ages ago when I dedicated that tune to Seiken, he went silly happy over it.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 pm

But he can't pvp.. how does that even compute!?

I dedicated Escape the Fate - This War Is Ours to Gnash! \o/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:05 pm

The "OMG WE NEEDZ A NEW LICK KING"-thing seems a bit of a funny excuse to have Blizzard change completely zip about Northrend during the Cataclysm expansion.

There's so much they could've done with that cinematic, yet all they did was made Bolvar go RARWRARAWR and Arthas go DAAAADDDYYYYY. Even the entire fight itself seems rather dull to me, whereas they could have done -so- many things with it. Even someone as lore-expensive as Tirion doesn't actually get -that- much attention.

It's the protagonist of at least three Warcraft games, and all we get is something that seems like a pretty standard boss raid and a lousy t-shirt. I am disappoint. Maybe I just expected too much, but if you compare the opening cinematic or the Wrathgate cinematic to this, it really feels like the expansion has been finished half-arsed so they could move on to Cataclysm. Preeeetty much like they did at the end of TBC as well.

Oh well. I'll stop ranting.

Oh and Gnash can't PvP any more than Krogon can.

Oops, I did it again.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Maybe I just expected too much, but if you compare the opening cinematic or the Wrathgate cinematic to this, it really feels like the expansion has been finished half-arsed so they could move on to Cataclysm. Preeeetty much like they did at the end of TBC as well.

Thats mostly because all their good designers and developers arent working for Blizzard or on the WoW project anymore, they are focusing on other projects of Valve was it? Eitherway, if you compare the other previous games to WoTK, WoTK seems half arsed and undone. Just like TBC and Outland looked as plastic as a barbie girl doll.

Another example, look at the gear they make from raids/pvp. There is no more creativity such as to previous games, now its just "LETS MAKE IT BIGGAH AND MOAR SHINNEH AND LET IT LOOK AS IF IT CRAWLED OUT OF HEROIN ADDICTED JAPANESE MANGA WRITER`S NIGHMARE!"

Just general feeling they can do better but they just cant be arsed even for a moment to improve anything, ah well. Aslong as the PvErs are satisfied its all that matters.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Too right. Most classes' PvP gear looks pretty much the same as it did in the very first season of WotLK, not to mention some of the armour has simply been redone from the original WoW. I think I heard something about Blizzard working on yet another MMO as well, and with the other franchises they've got going, one can only guess how many are still on WoW/Cataclysm compared to how it used to be. Not to mention there's not really a lot of need for innovation, because there will always be some player base that will keep on playing.

Anyway, I'll not derail the thread any further. Back on topic:

THE DUTCHMAN MUST ALWAYS HAVE A CAPTAIN!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:59 pm

I didn't say Gnash could pvp. ^_^
I just kept the dedicated song theme up! \o/

I still love Arthas.. HE WILL LIVE ON IN MY HEART.
But he should've gotten so much more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:16 pm

I actually like how the PvP sets of each class is basically the same which have "evolved" throughout WotLK, rather than being reskins of PvE sets like in TBC.

Some turned out better than others in the end, as usual Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:13 pm

I'll get you next time, Gadget!

MRRRRRREOOOW
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:09 am

I was expecting Terenas, to somehow grab the crown and become the new lich king, or perhaps a spirit type lich king or something, mainly judging by the evil >=] type grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 am

From what I gather, the cataclysm trailer is saying that lore-wise the next expansion will start before Arthas' death, meaning Blizzard can just be lazy and leave all the Scourge in EPL and WPL where they are currently.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:39 am

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was just referring to the fact that we were still playing WotLK when it was released.

Pretty sure they'll also do whatever they see fit to optimize the new world better. If that means removing EPL/WPL as they are, so be it. Personally gonna miss WPL a bit though. Love that zone.

Ah, well.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next