Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Spoiler] Nordrassil

+10
Drustai
Gesh
Gahalla
Muzjhath
Kristeas Sunbinder
Flo
Morinth
Rmuffn
Magaskawee/Anaei
Shaelyssa
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Spoiler] Nordrassil Empty [Spoiler] Nordrassil

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Has the World Tree been healed? We didn't get to see the ceremony because of the oh-so-lovely and not at all cheesy marriage between Thrall and his idiot mate (may Elune curse them both with a thousand mutated bastard children from Satan's festering loins) but the end of the quest line implies the actual healing ceremony took place?

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29331

Thanks to you, my friend - I live again! And due to the combined efforts of the Cenarion Circle and the Earthen Ring - the World Tree will bring new life to Azeroth as well.

Does this mean we're immortal again?!?!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

[Spoiler] Nordrassil Empty Re: [Spoiler] Nordrassil

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:Has the World Tree been healed? We didn't get to see the ceremony because of the oh-so-lovely and not at all cheesy marriage between Thrall and his idiot mate (may Elune curse them both with a thousand mutated bastard children from Satan's festering loins) but the end of the quest line implies the actual healing ceremony took place?

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29331

Thanks to you, my friend - I live again! And due to the combined efforts of the Cenarion Circle and the Earthen Ring - the World Tree will bring new life to Azeroth as well.

Does this mean we're immortal again?!?!

Surely not? As the Night Elves were never made it's protector. Nozdorumu made the Night Elves immortal to guard the world tree. No need to do so when you have the Cenarion Circle which is a combined force of four races that will never fade.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:54 pm

I do agree however that marriage bullocks ruined the entire quest-chain. Clearly his needs are more important than the entire world.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I looooved it. Very Happy I complained the whole way through and swore at Aggra, but I secretly loved it... None of this RAWR I SO STRONG LOL bullshit like we get from that idiot Garrosh. His new model makes him seem more retarded. I refer to him as Downy these days...
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:54 pm

The entire chain was something you'd expect from a terrible fanfic. All they left out was the usual, incredibly boring, 'making love' part.

As to the question; No, unless we get to hear Nozdormu/Lore Devs say we're immortal again, we should asume that we're still expendable long, purple humans with donkey ears.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Would it make any difference at the moment?

If the Kaldorei or a couple of races regain the immortality, I would expect political tension in the future.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Flo wrote:The entire chain was something you'd expect from a terrible fanfic. All they left out was the usual, incredibly boring, 'making love' part.

As to the question; No, unless we get to hear Nozdormu/Lore Devs say we're immortal again, we should asume that we're still expendable long, purple humans with donkey ears.

Incorrect. They still live far longer than humans.

And Shae, if you want to be immortal. Draenei is that way. ---->
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:55 am

I suppose hmm ... I still can't believe their stupid wedding took precedence over the healing of the World Tree pff! And ya Morinth, I've gotta come clean now. I was just the same too tbh Smile. I loved the entire quest line, even the ending with their little cute ceremony, but then when I realized that we got to see the stupid wedding instead of the actual healing ceremony ... ?! Grrr. Me were sooo maddddd!

And Trave please, I am already immortal. I did not suckle on the Burning Legion's teat of fel magic and devour the souls of 1000 babies for nothing. I don't know where I'm going with this anymore ... I need sleep.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:02 am

Shaelyssa wrote:Grrr. Me were sooo maddddd!

Watch out! He's turning into Garrosh!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 am

As a Hordie, I didn't really care much that the smelly blue skins never got their immortality. I was too busy blowing my nose and weeping tears of joy over Thrall and Agg-... Emm. I was killing stuff.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:20 am

First Nightelves have a wedding, then orcs. Arg!

Say's enough, Also the quests were rather repetetive.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:39 am

As far as I understod, no the night elves will not be immortal again. The tree was/will/was supposed (wether the ritual actually happened is a bit unclear) to be restored but this time without the night elves as it's guardians. Possibly the guardians of Hyjal as an organisation is intended to take that role.
Fodder for night elves feeling betrayed by the dragons perhaps?

As for Thrall: I didn't mind the idea behind the plotline or the wedding itself. There's nothing wrong with Aggra, except possibly that she's a bit undeveloped thus far (but she's a new character so it's perfectly understandable). As for the plot? Thrall's soul being split up according to the elements. Not a bad idea. And that by overcoming his inner demons he could muster the courage to seek his greatest desire and take the time to live a bit and marry his love? Good foundations I think.
The quests weren't too bad either.

The problem was Thrall. He has always been on the border of being a Mary Sue. I mean the son of one of the greatest orcish warlords (and the only one to stand against Gul'Dan openly) that is raised by humans and taught many useful skills that allows him to be a wise, benevolent and popular leader of the horde? How many alarm bells are ringing after that description?
They have managed to stay somewhat out of it... With Thrall placing too much trust in his friend the volatile Grom, Grom being the one taking down Mannoroth and Thrall being rather useless in that fight, Rexxar being the champion of the horde and not Thrall (who was merely it's leader) and come wow where he ruled the horde yet could not take decisions that benefitted everyone.
Thrall was always likable, and came across as if he was designed to be, but he wasn't perfect.

Then come cata... he leaves the horde in the hands of Garrosh and becomes "The Worldshaman" and leads the Earhen Ring attempts to heal the world. Everyone respects him and honours him. And then comes this plot where his inner demons are defeated and he can go on to be the better man.

Problem is that he was always the better man. Now he's the perfect man. And the most powerful shaman in the world. And a wise and popular leader. And the one that will heal the world (mark my words).
Yes. The Messianic overtones are quite enough, thank you very much.

Thrall's greatest character flaw was that he was forced into the morally ambigous and difficult role of leading the horde. With his guilt over the past, his doubts and his trust his friends on the side.
Now he doesn't have any flaws at all. And it bugs me. He used to be an interesting character. Now he isn't.

This plotline could have been great, if not very original. But Thrall is just too perfect to be able to benefit from the character development here. So he ruined it for me...
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Silly Night elves only the undead are -truely- immortal. But yeah, I was sorta wondering to.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Vectoria wrote:Silly Night elves only the undead are -truely- immortal.

Actually they're not. Razz

"While technically immortal, some Forsaken exhibit signs of old age, losing their identities and eventually sentience. They appear as dying old humans, feeble and scared, with a cold growing inside them, and forgetting who they are. They are losing their mind to the Scourge, and would eventually become a "mindless one" - an unintelligent zombie. All forsaken fear this process, as it means they revert to the Scourge's will and lose themselves to the Lich King and his dominance. The Forsaken will often kill these poor souls, perhaps as a form of mercy."
- Horde Player's Guide

Only undead that are truly immortal are those with anchored souls, like liches and DKs. Which Forsaken aren't. They're the cheap kind of undead that goes mad after a couple of decades/centuries. Sure the bodies persist... but not the mind. <.<

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 pm

" The ultimate goal of practitioners of the Forgotten Shadow is to ascend. Ascension occurs once a person achieves complete control over herself and the power to transcend death. A Forsaken who ascends becomes invulnerable, invincible and eternal. In essence, he becomes a god.

The Cult of Forgotten Shadow teaches that the Forsaken of Azeroth were too weak to ascend. Their undead state is a curse brought on by that weakness. Once the Forsaken learn to master themselves and control the world around them, they shake off that curse and become what they always should have been. Those on the path to ascension often become shadow ascendants. "

The Shadow offers freedom from such things. Wink
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Vectoria wrote:

The Shadow offers freedom from such things. Wink
What about dental?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:42 pm

It's part of our monthly pay plan!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Personally I don't feel that Thrall is a Mary Sue, because to put it bluntly he's far from perfect. Summed up in a single point, he's a terrible, terrible leader. He's a coward who couldn't even muster the backbone to stand defiantly before an elemental lord we know we can slay. Instead he collapses, cries, and gives in. The motto of leadership may be 'Serve to lead', but that means serving your men, not your opponants interests by being a defeatist bitch.

It's partly Blizzard's fault with recycling old opponants and feeling the need to ramp up the 'threat level' each time, but it's got to the point of ridiculous. The trailer didn't make me think, "best get organised to wage a meaningful campaign against a foe who in all likelyhood will sit in his fortress and wait for us to kill him," but rather, "someone better hurry up and remove that coward from his command before he undermines his own authority and the men's morale."

*arms flail in frustration*

All I want from Blizz is a believable hero, not someone who can go toe to toe with Raggy and win, but someone who can keep a stiff upper lip and swear that the Elemental Lord will be defeated, then lead his soldiers, from a sensible distance, in achieving that.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Malfurion: " It's been awhile since we last met Thrall, you look well. "
Thrall: " Awh cheers, Malfy. Sorry about Ashenvale and Garrosh. ;D "
Malfurion: " Tch, water under the bridge. Tyrande sends her love. "
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:28 am

Geneviève wrote:All I want from Blizz is a believable hero, not someone who can go toe to toe with Raggy and win, but someone who can keep a stiff upper lip and swear that the Elemental Lord will be defeated, then lead his soldiers, from a sensible distance, in achieving that.

In other words, Saurfang (for the Horde at least).

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:22 am

Geneviève wrote:
Spoiler:

I sort of attributed that to Ragnaros' vision. It wasn't a powerpoint presentation of doom to the rational mind. It was a "the end of all times"-nightmare vision. If Ragnaros wants you to despair and feel all is lost then he'd sentd those emotions as part of the package I figured. Not only did Thrall see the world and his home burn, he felt the fear and the despair Ragnaros wanted to. Then when he woke he was as confused and lost as any of us are after nightmares, still feeling what we felt under them. If Ragnaros can show him stuff like that before the inner eye, why couldn't he make Thrall feel what he wanted too?

As you might recall, he found his usual composure rather quickly and any doubts regarding defeating Ragnaros are gone by the time of him being split between the elements (not once during air does he voice doubt over being able to save the world from Ragnaros). The only one ever knowing of his moment of weakness being Aggra and us who saw the trailer.

All I want from Blizz is a believable hero, not someone who can go toe to toe with Raggy and win, but someone who can keep a stiff upper lip and swear that the Elemental Lord will be defeated, then lead his soldiers, from a sensible distance, in achieving that.

Oh, Agreed.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:32 am

Gahalla wrote:
a powerpoint presentation of doom

Hmm, interesting idea.
It will have to be pondered upon.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Thrall has been one of the most poorly made characters in the game, considering he is the love child of Chris Metzen no wonder that they will put his wedding infront of the rebirth of the World Tree.

Not to mention how they put all the aspects there to watch it, just because he is so important, hey he is fokin' Thrall! And the quest chain, hngh. HNGHHHHH I say!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 pm

It's just a very bad way of creating a quest hub. They basically make a very large chunk of the kaldorei lore very confusing. The world tree was our purpose. So maybe it was to awsome to just give to one race but we should get something new to obsess about then. We are not making much sense now.

And the way they keep giving the neutral factions more and more influences... Is there even still a war between the horde and the alliance? It can't be that bad if we are able to forget our differences and unite in a common cause all the time.

"For the hor-... Oh wait my mistake, I see you are wearing the argent tabard. Lets unite and kill some boars before we both head out to the front and fight each other".

And the dragons? Don't get me started on the frigging dragons. They seem very human in their decision making lately... Maybe we can just buy a couple of blessings for Teldrassil for Valor points?

BOO!
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Maybe we can just buy a couple of blessings for Teldrassil for Valor points?

Venture Coins more likely.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=37836 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next