Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Battlegrounds for role-players

+12
Lord Krenwith Kernelle
Gustov
Larnira
Vaell
Emrys
Jeanpierre
Ixirar
Gesh
Rae Wulfgnar
Seranita
Laindo Dumon
Methrin
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] Battlegrounds for role-players Empty [A] Battlegrounds for role-players

Post by Methrin Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Hello Defias.

Today following the weekly Stromgarde meeting there was a few of us who discussed the idea of doing random battlegrounds in premades, for the sake of gearing up (and having GDI stop shouting at us to inflate their own egos)

We created a channel /join rpbg for discussion and on-the-fly formation of premade groups, or just for finding a buddy to do BG's with.

The idea of this thread is to compile a list of interested people, and the roles they can fulfil, as well as to spread awareness etc. and possibly to organise some regular BG nights or whatever. At present the purpose is mainly premades, but I can't rule out the possibility that we might end up doing rated BG's or even arenas.

All RP'ers are of course invited and encouraged to participate.

List. Post and I'll add you when I see it/feel like it.

-Damage-
Adenah
Aetherel
Ariana
Gina
Helrog
Kettin Kettin is KoS
Krenwith
Larnira
Malsovron
Methrin
Perturbo
Sorazal
Timna
Vaell

-Healers-
Christelle
Ixirar
JeanPierre
Monrena
Perturbo
Radvor

-FC's-
Falirath
Methrin (soon)

Last edited by Methrin on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Methrin
Methrin

Character sheet
Name: Methrin Daenforth
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Battlegrounds for role-players Empty Re: [A] Battlegrounds for role-players

Post by Laindo Dumon Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:49 pm

I'd like to come on my druid, Malsovron (Feral druid, all honor gear or above) if there's spots free, and some of my guildies might want to come along, but I can't say for now
Laindo Dumon
Laindo Dumon

Character sheet
Name: Laindo Dumon
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Methrin Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 pm

There aren't any 'spots' in that sense. I've added you to the list. You should /join rpbg though. At the moment that's where we organise stuff.
Methrin
Methrin

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Up for this when I back in a few days. Healer/Dps

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Im a solid Holy Healer!! Post Death healing with unlimited mana for the win!!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 am

I shall heal! =D
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 am

I believe horde has RBG channel, as in Rated Battlegrounds, if anyone was wondering! and also Wulf.. luls gif.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 am

Monrena wrote:Im a solid Holy Healer!! Post Death healing with unlimited mana for the win!!

No. If you want to heal in PVP you go Disc. End of.

EDIT: NVM Misread, I thought it was Rated BGs not randoms. Play whatever you like people are scrubs in randoms.

Anyways, I still gotta gear my druid and shaman, so I'd be up for this every once in a while. Undergeared healers hoooo!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:14 am

why do people always insist on disk healing?? this is realy frustrating.. IO have NEVER come across something I cannot outheal as holy... get that bleeding disk holy discrimination out of your head.. tis pissin me off as a general rule so please dont mention it again *shakes fist thretaningly*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 am

You've never met any people worth shit in PVP then.

Disc outperforms holy in all scenarios. Holy has never been a viable PVP Healer because they focus too much on spread healing and Disc performs so much better at single target healing bursts which is the only thing that matters in PVP.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 am

Well generally Disc isn't so much about healing but, damage prevention, you don't really have that for Holy or any mechanics that keep yourself alive, I suppose you could play as Holy but I wouldn't ever compare it to Disc.

Disc is just so much easier and reliable, not for PvE mind you. That's Holys turf.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Methrin Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 am

I think I choose not to get involved in that discussion^.

People, you should post the names of the characters that you want on the list, along with their roles. "I'll heal" doesn't tell me who your healer char is, and 'I'll come do some damage' doesn't tell me which of your six chars (that you may not even have put in your sig in the first place) you're interested in gearing.
Methrin
Methrin

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:19 am

My healer chars are Radvor and Ixirar. Both of them are really undergeared (Ixirar has a really low ilevel and Radvor has really low resilience)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:28 am

I'll join the channel.
- Jean-Pierre as Disc Healer, half-decently geared (not full cata yet, but almost)
- Christelle, soon to ding Priest alt, as either healer or dps. Still needs to gear up.

Holy vs Disc.
Having played both, Disc is more viable. Hands down.

But Holy is often underestimated... making it half a decent spec for randoms and casual PvP. You bring some interesting tools... My preferred one is the combination of Lightwell and Blessed resilience. Increased healing on yourself when hit, and a HoT that you can trigger even when silenced, stunned, while casting even (yes, while casting) and in any situation -except- being WW by a druid.
There is no class, no spec, no spell capable of bringing that in other than a Holy Priest, and it will make you outlast against a tremendous load of damage. Guardian Spirit is vastly superior to Pain suppression and you can have its cooldown reduced. You have more escape abilities as Holy than as Disc Priests, which is the only healing spec in the game without proper escape abilities.
Add in the vastly superior healing power which is nothing to sneeze at and you got yourself a strong asset... When moving in group....

The Holy Priest can match the Disc Priest when moving in a group as large as 6-7 and outperform them when the group grows. The question is... Does it still matter when you send such a big group?

I found the Disc better because it's far stronger in a small team and it lasts longer. The Holy Priest is stronger in burst, but lacks the endurance in its defensive abilities.

Never the less... I have often preferred to grind as Holy when my resilience was low. Without proper resilience, you get smoked in either spec... In which case at least Holy manages to burst some healing before you sniff it. At about 2K resilience, I swap back to Disc though.

I'd never bring holy to a rated pvp content though, unless it were a one-trick pony that's part of a specific strategy.

And Debri/Kavalis... Holy did beat Disc in Arena at some point. Not that Holy was good... Disc was just worse back then. I believe it was the start of Cata but my memory... well it has never been reliable Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 am

Monrena wrote:why do people always insist on disk healing?? this is realy frustrating.. IO have NEVER come across something I cannot outheal as holy... get that bleeding disk holy discrimination out of your head.. tis pissin me off as a general rule so please dont mention it again *shakes fist thretaningly*

Do not take this offensively, but what is up with this reaction? Aren't you like... A grown man? Yet you throw a fit because someone advises you to choose another spec for pvp?

Okay, Holy does have it's merrits, like JP already summed up. Body and Soul is amazingly fun in BGs, lightwell is very nifty also, plus I enjoyed having two extra instant heals (circle of healing and the chakra insta heal) yet when I check your spec on the armory, I notice you have not chosen some of the abilities that do make holy a bit more viable for pvp. You did not spec into blessed resillience, nor into the lightwell, which is just a handy feature of Holy.

I think more than enough examples why Disc is better for pvp than Holy have already been presented. By all means, play Holy if you find that more enjoyable, I can understand that choice perfectly. But don't act like a spoiled little child when people prefer the better suited spec. You could always give Disc a go in a few battlegrounds, you are able to use two specs after all.
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:06 am

Debri/Kavalis wrote:Disc performs so much better at single target healing bursts which is the only thing that matters in PVP.

I'm pretty sure Holy has stronger single target healing. The two main staple burst heals of Disc priest are Shield and Penance, both which have a "long" cooldown. Holies bring in a weaker shield, but they have a far stronger FHeal, and serendipity to chuck in a GHeal at a speed no Disc can match. Add in Serenity, which is a pretty big single target instant heal and adds crits to boot, a stronger renew, stronger PoM. Add in Guardian Spirit's superiority and a lightwell and you can't even begin to imagine how far ahead the holy priest is. I'm willing to do the maths if you really want to take it there.
I'd probably just have to update my old WoTLK spell calculator to cata stats.
http://zusterke.orderoftheathanor.eu/spells.php

Here's something the holy priest can do, which the Disc priest can't: "This character over there, won't die for the next minute". And unless he's totally nubgeared and fighting 10 v 1, he won't die. But the Holy Priest can't do that under pressure.
A Disc Priest can save you from a smaller team, if you have some resilience... and can do that under pressure. The Disc priest's shield scales well with the defensive gear of their target.

So don't... narrow it down to single target healing being the only thing that matters... Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:15 am

I'd like to stick my oar in here and say that the best spec to play is the spec you enjoy as that's the one you will excel in.

And if you decide to do wargames at some point with Horde rp/pvp guilds then let me know. It's great fun doing a BG all IC on both sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am

Arli wrote:I'd like to stick my oar in here and say that the best spec to play is the spec you enjoy as that's the one you will excel in.
No offence but that makes no sense. You shouldn't be playing what you enjoy most in a competative PvP enviroment - you should be playing what is most viable and will work for the team as a whole.

Back on topic though, I can't guarantee I'll be available until I know some times BUT
Level 85 Fire or Frost Mage at your service (Vaell)
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:19 pm

(Don't take Vaell along... He's terrible. He consider's polymorphing a foe into a monkey, freezing it and running off a personal victory)
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Vaell wrote:
Arli wrote:I'd like to stick my oar in here and say that the best spec to play is the spec you enjoy as that's the one you will excel in.
No offence but that makes no sense. You shouldn't be playing what you enjoy most in a competative PvP enviroment - you should be playing what is most viable and will work for the team as a whole.

Didn't realise it was -quite- that competative, thought the purpose was to gear up some rp'ers via some rp/pvp. My bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:(Don't take Vaell along... He's terrible. He consider's polymorphing a foe into a monkey, freezing it and running off a personal victory)
When my frozen monkey army rises, I shall use your skin as a banana net *Cough* JP, don't be silly. I would never consider doing that.

Arli, I didn't mean to sound like a "PROS ONLY", I only meant that most of the fun from PvP comes from winning!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Methrin wrote:I think I choose not to get involved in that discussion^.

People, you should post the names of the characters that you want on the list, along with their roles. "I'll heal" doesn't tell me who your healer char is, and 'I'll come do some damage' doesn't tell me which of your six chars (that you may not even have put in your sig in the first place) you're interested in gearing.

Oh, sorry! Embarassed

Wülfgnar!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Monrena - Healer!!

and if poeple are so insistant on pvp for disk spec.. then someone is going to have to show me how to disc heal..

I have been holy healing for last 2 years on monny
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Monrena wrote:why do people always insist on disk healing?? this is realy frustrating.. IO have NEVER come across something I cannot outheal as holy... get that bleeding disk holy discrimination out of your head.. tis pissin me off as a general rule so please dont mention it again *shakes fist thretaningly*

Not telling you what to play since well, I don't care. But Disc is better in pvp, there's more to pvp than raw healing output.

EDIT: And to the OP, I don't what char I'm going on yet(probably will do on several) so just put down Perturbo, Damage/Heal

Back to top Go down

Post by Methrin Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Arli wrote:
Vaell wrote:

Didn't realise it was -quite- that competative, thought the purpose was to gear up some rp'ers via some rp/pvp. My bad.
That was the original idea. But I just made the list and channel. What people choose to use it for is up to themselves. Though, I daresay one might have better luck at finding partners for arena and RBG through other means.
Methrin
Methrin

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next