Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Horde) Weekly RP Guild Rated Battlegrounds

+5
Catari
Shadesprocket
sticca
Visceril
Tantzui
9 posters

Go down

(Horde) Weekly RP Guild Rated Battlegrounds Empty (Horde) Weekly RP Guild Rated Battlegrounds

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 am

Herro all!

For the past 2 weeks I've been trying to arrange a regular RBG group for Horde RP guilds (+ friends, if necessary) and so far we've not done too badly -- we only "drew" one game (Twin Peaks) and received 0 Conquest for it, but we've won a few and have gained a decent amount of Conquest for even our losses.

I hear the Alliance side does this every week as well so I thought I'd take some initiative and try and plan something weekly myself!

So far I've planned it on Wednesdays -- but I plan it, and will continue to plan it, around my own personal work schedule.

We're not super serious or "professional" but we expect people to listen and be decently geared, due to the fact that teams we face may be "professional" and steamroll us in a demoralising fashion.

The only rules are:

1) Team Spirit!
No complaining about stupid things. You can't win them all -- and that being said, we'd prefer it if you stuck it out for a couple of games, even if we do get steamrolled a few times. It's not good for team spirit if you just up and leave straight away, no matter how frustrating it might be.

Also -- if you join "just to win one" so you can get your conquest cap and then leave, we'll consider not inviting you in the future. It's about more than just your needs - we're a team!

2) Skype
We fight with Skype on a regular basis and gain no conquest for it -- but you're expected to fight with us and at least join our Skype conversation. You don't have to talk, but you have to listen.

3) Actually Listen
This has been a bit of an issue with the past 2 RBGs in that people fill the Skype with random gibberish and the important messages get missed. You can talk, but you need to pay attention when people call for help or tell you where to go. If you join and ignore us, running around like an headless chicken without even saying "I'm going to try and..." then you'll be kicked. We might not be "super serious," but if you just join to do whatever you want, you're ruining the fun for the other 9 people.

4) Roleplayers first
Like I said, we're not super serious, so we're not going to use OQ to find "550 geared russians." We're going to take friends and guild mates before considering randoms or asking in Trade or whatever.

How to join:

So far I have invited known guild leaders to a weekly event and given them moderator status so they can invite members of their respective guilds. But now I'm asking for all those interested (or if you know a guildie who isn't registered here would be interested) to post your character'(s) name so I can quickly check this thread and send out invites to said characters without much hassle.

Let's roll!

Back to top Go down

(Horde) Weekly RP Guild Rated Battlegrounds Empty Re: (Horde) Weekly RP Guild Rated Battlegrounds

Post by Tantzui Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Sounds perfect. Count me in, Tantzui from da Marauders!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

(Horde) Weekly RP Guild Rated Battlegrounds Empty Re: (Horde) Weekly RP Guild Rated Battlegrounds

Post by Visceril Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:21 pm

*Raises hand*

Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by sticca Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:19 am

ya mon, meh be willin tah kill some filthy allie scum.

((not a available from juli 5 untill juli 26, away to france))

sticca
sticca

Character sheet
Name: Sticca (original trollish name unknown)
Title: Shadowhunter of the Vile Thorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadesprocket Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 am

Should make yourselves a pure rogue team, would be interesting to see at any rate Razz

Shadesprocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 am

Sounds fun. Sign me up.

Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:39 am

Count me in though I'm not very often on my Horde chars.

Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Baji wrote:
We're not super serious or "professional" but we expect people to listen and be decently geared, due to the fact that teams we face may be "professional" and steamroll us in a demoralising fashion.

So...right...saw this poster here and kinda have a few questions.  You say "not super serious or professional" just..like..I know which end of the dagger to use and can (usually) apply poisons without pricking myself and needing some help from healers - that enough?  As for gear, I got some really cool looking armour, I like to be well dressed, I'm sin'dorei after all but I wouldn't say it's top-notch.  My gold tends to go on more important things, including hangover medication the next day.  So, taking the unusual display of honesty into account can I sign up?

(( I'm full of enthusiasm for PvP but I'm certainly no pro...I also only have honour gear and a few bits of welfare Prideful.  Would love to try RBG tho, I'm good at following orders - even if my belf isn't IC - and we both definitely believe in teamwork.  My work schedule atm sometimes means I don't get home until 20:30 server time so my attendance will kinda be sporadic before 21:00. I prefer not to speak much on Skype but certainly can listen and call out info when needed. ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Baji wrote:We're not super serious or "professional" but we expect people to listen and be decently geared, due to the fact that teams we face may be "professional" and steamroll us in a demoralising fashion.
Heya, I'd give a few tips as the current organizer of the Wild Tempest ORBGs every thursday.
First of all, being super serious really shouldn't be anyones game in these sort of events and I'm glad to see you hold to that.

Second, I understand that you don't want people to leave after the first game- and it should be generally frowned upon but don't blacklist someone for doing it. This event should be for peoples enjoyment, that means everyone. Just make sure to remind people that they need to announce ahead of time if they're going to leave and if they intend to- ask them if they're capable of finding a replacement (Don't put this as a requirement, but make it something they should at least attempt to do.)

Third, Being able to listen is good and all- but at the end of the day you'll have more people enjoying themselves if it's less strict about what to say and when. Just make sure they don't chatter too much and don't get in the way during the matches- such as blocking communication through talking. Don't punish anyone for it unless it becomes excessive. Try keep as positive attitude as possible.

Fourth, something I do every week at my set time 19:45, is that I have several macros set down which allows me to whisper everyone on the list (from the calendar)- asking if they're interested to come. This allows people who may have forgotten the time that are online to respond if they're interested, as well as it allows you to see how many are currently online.
I mainly suggest everyone to put Tentative if they're unsure if they can come but are interested- and give anyone who has put Accepted a guaranteed spot if they arrive on time. Repeated late/not arrival of people pressing accepted will grant them a warning, and if it continues regardless they get removed from the event.

Basically speaking, just keep the atmosphere positive. Don't lay down restrictions that harms the enjoyment and stay happy regardless of the outcome of the BGs. That means you, yourself need to stay positive. Don't get angry at people unless they truly deserve it.
This also means that you should be happy that people arrive, don't be unhappy with someone because they didn't (Unless they claimed they would, but even then- you should always check for their reason for not doing so.)

Our team is balanced around 1.6-1.8k, we could likely push quite a bit higher if we wanted to and put some effort into it but at the end of the day? Those of us who come to the event love it for what it is- and making the event any more serious would just go at the expense of the fun.

(For reference, our "requirements" are Skype and Full Grievous, unechanted/gemmed. But can be flexible if people are near the requirements.)

In the end it's up to you how you run your RBGs, but just keep these things in mind.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:57 am

Of course!

Sent out invites now Smile -- also love the linking to your char on the armoury! Very helpful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:40 pm

We've started using "raidcall" now since Skype keeps failing us.

Feel free to add BajiDB to your contacts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Good luck hordies! Maybe you should ask Skarain and set up a Ally vs horde war-game some time.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:01 am

Hello all!

I'd like to thank those who participated in the 2 months that we did this, but I personally have chosen to drop it until perhaps Warlords of Draenor comes out. A huge thanks to Shruiken of the Shatterskulls who lead us to the most victories when he chose to participate! Please boss us around again! Very Happy

I had fun. I hope others did. There was only 1-2 games where we were butchered horribly but I'm glad I had a good team who didn't ragequit or bitch about it. Smile

If I suddenly feel the urge, I may try and start things again. I'm always willing to help people who need me for RBGS! Smile

The reason I am not organising this / taking a break being:

1) Skype sucks. We spent literally an hour trying to get people connected to each other.

2) I can only speak on Skype through my phone and thus have no mic for any other programs. We attempted RaidCall, but then I could not "lead" people. I will get a mic in the future!

3) I don't think my class/role was good for leading. I wasn't at the front of things. I was a flag defender, or on some occasions a healer, so I wasn't able to be bossy and nobody else felt comfortable doing it.

4) People forgetting / not turning up. It's totally fine - but I just took that as a lack of general interest at RBGs at this point in the game, but then it was made all too difficult for us to actually get a group going and it's not fair or fun to wait around forever. And when we would invite random people, they wouldn't listen to commands or even join the voice chat.

Otherwise I saw no real issues with people and would willingly try and get this running again when it feels right! Hope to see people then! Very Happy
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down