Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vanguard channel.

+4
Tasjin
Gesh
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Cathee Norris
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Vanguard channel. Empty The Vanguard channel.

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 pm

I figured I'd write about it here if people suddenly start to wonder why the channel is now passworded.

I have often asked people in the channel who they are and what connections they have to KoA and got rude responses back that the channel is for all roleplayers. Which has led me to make this decision the most I think. The Vanguard is a channel made for KoA and its allies originally. To be able to interact regarding WPvP events and such alike. Now I don't mind that people have alts in other guilds and such, but at least I want those to have a character in an allied guild. So yes, the channel will be passworded for now, as I do plan to use it to reestablish the allied guild for once KoA gets a bit more active. But I'll not be so strict as to keep it to allied guilds, but I still want to keep it to people that do roleplay and interact with KoA, as that is what the channel is there for. It is not, and RPAlliance channel. If you want to be part of a channel like that, then take your own initiative and recreate that.

So basically, if you meet up to the requirements, you can ask me about the password.
The requirements being:

Allied guild / Alt of said allied guild
Neutral guild that interacts with KoA / Alt
Enemy guild that interacts with KoA / Alt
Allied, Neutral, Enemy person that interact with KoA

Very few exceptions will be made, but every such exception has to go through me personally (aka if you know someone that plan to become one of either that wants to be in the channel, you contact me and discuss it).
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Vanguard channel. Empty Re: The Vanguard channel.

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Spoilsport!

Join / TheFanguard
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:22 pm

I don't agree with this sudden change of plans, The channel was useful for keeping together the Roleplayers of this server. If it evolved from your original design then surely you should feel honoured by the fact of what it's become. It was helping alot of people to meet fellow Roleplayers, A bad move.

Why not consider creating a new channel? Instead of ripping away Thevanguard to half of it's users?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Madel/Vectoria wrote:Why not consider creating a new channel? Instead of ripping away Thevanguard to half of it's users?

Or just make a AllianceRP channel, it's the same with SGE's OOC chat. We don't like anyone who isn't from the guild or closely related to it, to just wander on in.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Madel/Vectoria wrote:I don't agree with this sudden change of plans, The channel was useful for keeping together the Roleplayers of this server. If it evolved from your original design then surely you should feel honoured by the fact of what it's become. It was helping alot of people to meet fellow Roleplayers, A bad move.

Why not consider creating a new channel? Instead of ripping away Thevanguard to half of it's users?

The channel wasn't created for that. That is what RPAlliance was for. And since people just respond rudely when we ask why they are in the channel and what they have to do with KoA, I figured this is the best method to solve it and get the channel back on track.

As for creating a new one, why can't the roleplayers create RPAlliance instead? Our channel was created for something else then a place for roleplayers to 'meet up at'. This should of been solved a long time ago, I agree with that. But since it wasn't and we can not turn back time, it is solved now.

Last edited by Saihna Trollbane on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Tasjin wrote:
Madel/Vectoria wrote:Why not consider creating a new channel? Instead of ripping away Thevanguard to half of it's users?

Or just make a AllianceRP channel, it's the same with SGE's OOC chat. We don't like anyone who isn't from the guild or closely related to it, to just wander on in.

Fair point if said people were causing trouble, Thevanguard was useful. I personally used it to find fellow Rpers, who I'm still in contact with. It became a hub, and when it does that. How is it fair for one person to suddenly take that away? 

The ban option is very useful. No need to cut half the server from it.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Just make a new private one for KoA. O.o
Obviously The vanguard was useful for other stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:33 pm

But you miss the point. It isn't supposed to be a hub channel. It is a channel for KoA and allies / people that interact with KoA.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:But you miss the point. It isn't supposed to be a hub channel. It is a channel for KoA and allies / people that interact with KoA.

You want roleplay to progress surely? And you understand the need for a community to have a center, a place to chat and talk. Like a guild chat, or a guild's forum. Because Thevanguard became apart of the server's Rp as a whole, it isn't just your place to suddenly take it away from that.
I'm all for pruneing out trolls and the odd such and such. But a password, will not help.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm

That's the thing I don't understand...We -do- have several more KoA only channels... Personally, I quite liked the Vanguard the way it was.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Roleplayers are a sparse breed, even on our own servers. If you start putting up walls, and restrictions. You'll end up with less people to RP with, and less ideas, and general enjoyment of the Rp itself. 

Remove the password, do some pruning.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:40 pm

No. I won't make a new one for KoA. The Vanguard is KoAs. People will have to deal with making their own channel really. RPAlliance was fairly active some year back as far as I remember it, people that are interested in a general roleplayer hub can recreate that. It is just as easy as if I'd make a new channel for someone to /join RPAlliance. And as was said, this is basically how SGE has their own channel. The Vanguard is just the same as that. Its true this should of be dealt with long before to not cause as much 'problems' (even though its not really a problem, its really easy to just join RPAlliance), but nothing we can do that will turn back time, so.

And yes, while as I do care about the roleplay on the server, I do not see why my guild should have to step down to our created things just because people are too lazy to join another channel. And even though people came massing in, we kept telling people that it was a KoA channel, but people just responded rudely and ignored us so.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:That's the thing I don't understand...We -do- have several more KoA only channels... Personally, I quite liked the Vanguard the way it was.

And yes, those was created because The Vanguard was going completely out of hand. But at the same time, starting to ask all the allied guilds to join -another- channel just cause the Vanguard was destroyed of its purpose, I hardly think people are going to cba that. Hence why I do intend to use The Vanguard for the original purpose and remove the others, since I too am starting to lack channel space.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

That's simply being inconsiderate and egotistical. The channel was fine the way it was, no else saw a problem with it.

Someone actually mentioned you have more then one KoA channel as it is.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm

How is it? The Vanguard is the name of the combined army of Arathor and its allies. So why would even random roleplayers be there? Thing is, people didn't go look up facts about the channel first, but just joined it because they knew a lot of roleplayers was in it. But the channel was not meant to be for random chatting from random roleplayers or people that doesn't even care about roleplay at all. It was there to be able to communicate with the Vanguard during events and such alike.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:How is it? The Vanguard is the name of the combined army of Arathor and its allies. So why would even random roleplayers be there? Thing is, people didn't go look up facts about the channel first, but just joined it because they knew a lot of roleplayers was in it. But the channel was not meant to be for random chatting from random roleplayers or people that doesn't even care about roleplay at all. It was there to be able to communicate with the Vanguard during events and such alike.

Plently of people used it for the good of Rp, I admit some people abused it. That's the people you should be banning. Whether it was created for what is now is irrelevant. It was a part of Alliance Roleplay and it certainly helped me to get involved. Yes a new channel can be made, But it wasen't your place to whap a password on. Not when you could quite easily make a new channel and reinforce your rules there.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I already reinforced these rules on the Vanguard. And as said it is just as easy for others to create a channel as it is for me, and I am not about to spam all the people that are part of the Vanguard to join yet another channel. And since it was I who created it in the purpose of what it is named for, I think it was my place to decide. I mean it is the same, again, as SGE has their channel, or warcouncil has theirs, and all that.

Now, if people are interested in a hub channel, just join RPAlliance.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:I already reinforced these rules on the Vanguard. And as said it is just as easy for others to create a channel as it is for me, and I am not about to spam all the people that are part of the Vanguard to join yet another channel. And since it was I who created it in the purpose of what it is named for, I think it was my place to decide. I mean it is the same, again, as SGE has their channel, or warcouncil has theirs, and all that.

Now, if people are interested in a hub channel, just join RPAlliance.

Your choice affected everyone on that channel, Your a guild leader IC, OOC actions should be first talked about with all people in question.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Would people not leave when you asked them?
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:00 pm

It was a bonding hub for roleplayers, not a "LFRP" channel as the RPalliance channel is, whether or not it has been distorted from its original purpose is not quite the point seeing how the channel is a good community device.

Besides, I hardly see the point in not using the already other channels that have been placed for "KoA and their allies" rather than passwording this channel?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Cut wrote:Would people not leave when you asked them?

Nope. They'd go "Lol you idiot this is not ur channel!".
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

You know... That name with the star at the end? "Name*" had the kick ability.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:
Cut wrote:Would people not leave when you asked them?

Nope. They'd go "Lol you idiot this is not ur channel!".

Blizzard implanted the kicking and banning system of charecter made channels for a very good reason. 
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:07 pm

The bans do not stick Im afraid, if only.

Suck it up, it was their channel, they did not want you in there. Whats so hard to Grasp?
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Bennedict wrote:It was a bonding hub for roleplayers

Not really. In fact it became more and more a drama channel also, which further added to my annoyance, specially when it was people that didn't belonged in the channel that started to QQ about things, and then when asked to take it somewhere else because it was a KoA channel and we didn't want that there we'd just get "lol no it not ur channel m8". So no, I didn't find the channel very productive either. There are these forums, there are RPAlliance, and people can create whatever other channels they might want. RPHub, RPChat, you name it. But the Vanguard is going to get back to its purpose.

However, I have noticed it is kinda hard and annoying with the password already, and might skip it. Although in that case the rules will still stand, and people that are not part of the Vanguard IC, nor interactive with KoA will be removed.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next