Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why don't you use the LFRP channel?

+15
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Cid
siegmund
John Silverweave
Xen-tau
Raene
Sabien
Thelos
Ledgic
Sohan
Melnerag
Thrakha
Skarain
Raenmar
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why don't you use the LFRP channel? Empty Why don't you use the LFRP channel?

Post by Raenmar Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:20 pm

It's just something I've been wondering recently. LFRP has grown a lot, but I've noticed a lot of people (mostly from DefiasRP) tend not to use the channel.

It can be a really useful channel, not just for current RPers but for the community as a whole. I'm just curious as to why a lot of people don't join it.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Why don't you use the LFRP channel? Empty Re: Why don't you use the LFRP channel?

Post by Skarain Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Probably because of the spamm. I have a separate window open for /s, /e, /yell (Roleplaying channels), so it doesn't bother me to have my main chat window crowded with channel text.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Why don't you use the LFRP channel? Empty Re: Why don't you use the LFRP channel?

Post by Thrakha Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Didn't the LFRP channel get stolen & password-locked by griefers?
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Only for like, a day. We just used a backup channel and then reinvited everyone to LFRP when we got it back. And then I went through the RP addon channel and invited everyone in there to LFRP so we ended up with 2-3x more people than were in before. So it actually turned out quite beneficial in the end.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 pm

I don't like large, impersonal channels like that. If it was somethign like GilneasRP or StormwindRP, I would join it. But LFRP? Too big.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Because of the spam. I can't roleplay with a chat being spammed with complete nonsense.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Melnerag wrote:I don't like large, impersonal channels like that. If it was somethign like GilneasRP or StormwindRP, I would join it. But LFRP? Too big.

That's my general standpoint on channels like this. The RPAlliance channel of old was awful, for example.

Having said that, most of my characters are in the LFRP channel, so I can see what's going on and involve myself if I fancy it. It can be pretty spammy though.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Personally, I enjoy the spam.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:00 pm

I joined it and left it as there were non-rp'ers in it so in my eyes defeated the object.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm

I just... Really... Kind of...

I don't know. Not care?

I've got plenty of RP without it, and if I don't I use that downtime to catch up on things I've missed (such as levelling, PvP etc).
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Hmn, I might have a look! It's not really being spammed on Horde side really!
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:05 pm

I have found in the past that LFRP Is often spammed with subjects that don't really matter to me, and it takes things out oocly way to much. I have also found this with other channels I have been in. In role play I make sure I can't see such channels, so I often don't need to be in them. If it was something that concerns me more then I'm willing to join, but if not then I'd rather not be dealing with my chatbox being spammed with matters of what doesn't involve my role play, or role play I'm trying to make for others. That is why I do not use LFRP.
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:20 pm

The LFRP channel has lost it's value now that there are more people within the community. Originally when I set up both the Alliance and Horde one, the RP population had thinned a lot.

So my only real agenda was to centralize what DB had in the hope that people would be more likely to interact with each other.

Now that requirement has passed. LFRP ought to be the focal point of RP for each faction, but a senior representative from each major guild alongside the random folks seeking answers to their questions is sufficient in the long term.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:39 am

Now that requirement has passed. LFRP ought to be the focal point of RP for each faction, but a senior representative from each major guild alongside the random folks seeking answers to their questions is sufficient in the long term.

I disagree. For a start, LFRP is representative of the population. If people see a full LFRP, they see an active server.

It also makes it a lot easier to make people aware of events. I'm not going to keep a list of every RPer and send them a calendar invite, I'd rather just look through who's in LFRP. This is especially the case for people not in an RP guild - their guild leaders generally won't put RP events up on the calendar, so if they don't check the forums and they're not in LFRP, it's hard to make them aware of stuff.

And it's a good way to bring people together as a community.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:05 am

Yeah spam is one of the probably general reasons, mostly i tend to leave it or put it in another window. Though it helped on a few occasions, but mostly sometimes you could say it's more of a OOC chat for RPers.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:42 am

Considering that I am part of quite a few channels already, one more wouldn't fit in...
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 am

siegmund wrote:[...] but mostly sometimes you could say it's more of a OOC chat for RPers.
When I was in it it just felt like a general chat for roleplayers, and missing out on that don't really bother me.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 am

I got ridiculed for trying to use the LFRP channel to find RP.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Originally when I set up both the Alliance and Horde one, the RP population had thinned a lot.
Err, what?

If I want to find RP, I'll just use /who - I do admit that every time I log on a new RP server, I'll use the channel for the first day. I just don't really want the spam when I'm online. Forlorn Cartel chat is bad enough!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 am

I don't really mind the spam. It all gets vacuumed into my OOC chat screen, with the rest of the garbage, keeping my IC screen nice and clean. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 am

I'll use the channel for the first day.

That is essentially what it's there for.

As stated above: It helped centralize people upon original creation and promote interaction between different guilds and people. It's less relevant than it was a year ago when the population had declined significantly, though by all means it should still be used.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 pm

I remember the olde HordeRP (or whatever) channel consisted mostly of "classy" humour and pointless OOC garbage, so my visit over there lasted maybe two days. Kinda the same thing with them official channels I left back in 2006 already and have only occasionally joined after that. But I guess might give it a chance again, at least when hosting some event...

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:33 pm

I joined it when invited because I didn't know wtf it was and figured I'd give it a chance, but found no use for it. It was very, very spammy as well--I gave it its own window but DAT BLINKING. Most of the people I asked about it said the same.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Tue May 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Can someone add my toon ScoĆ¹rge to that group please?
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 12:47 pm

You can just /join LFRP
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next