Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating your roleplay charcters

+18
Jeanpierre
Gogol
Emrys
Xen-tau
Tuomas/Decurius
William Jefferson
Ixirar
Seranita
Daralinn
Lexgrad
Morinth
The Z
Eowale
Kristeas Sunbinder
Drustai
Rmuffn
erwtenpeller
Hermie
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Creating your roleplay charcters - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating your roleplay charcters

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 am

Meh. Without parliament, voting and parties.. what's left of politics if not the babble of nobles and lords?

There's still ideologies of what a char might think to be the perfect society, or contesting between guilds and orders... even clashes of social classes (defias brotherhood?). What else is there to know for a fantasy character in the wow world?

Take away the telly, radio and newspapers.. see how much is left of politics. It won't reach much further than one's own patch of land... if they even own it.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Creating your roleplay charcters - Page 2 Empty Re: Creating your roleplay charcters

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:15 am

Any time someone rebels against the government, or has a thought about how "things could/should be", they have a political standing.

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:There's still ideologies of what a char might think to be the perfect society, or contesting between guilds and orders... even clashes of social classes (defias brotherhood?). What else is there to know for a fantasy character in the wow world?

That's politics.

You don't need to watch live debates or vote for a candidate to have thoughts about the nature of social authority. As long as there is organization and structure, even if just a handful of people, it's politics.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:37 am

Lorainne is almost a pure political character. :9
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 am

Meh. I feel you're comparing apples and pears, or maybe I'm being too restrictive on my definition of politics.
Lorainne... I can see that as a political char since she's so busy trying to rebuild Gilneas. But.. if you're going to label every meeting of people as "politics" then I might as well consider eating a steak sandwich a political move, instead of just eating because I'm hungry.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:54 am

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote: eating a steak sandwich a political move

In other news, the clergy has shown their support for the bread and meat industry. Vegitarians are raging. More on this at eleven.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Indeed Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Gogol wrote:There is chitt chatt about pets and other trivial things.
Why is nobody mentioning where their character stands political wise??

Well, you don't really have alot of free movement in political views if you are a member of the Alliance or Horde. The other side is bad, committed warcrimes and all I believe only the Night Elves have room for different opinions politically, maybe the dwarves as well but that is it. It's very difficult to RP properly, but I do think propaganda does it's part as well. I am not sure who has seen the series Rome, but there is this "newsbringer" that tells what decisions have been made.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I would say draenie definatly have room for potics there are a wide veriaty of oppinions on. Any topics ranging from human religion to how the broken should be looked after
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:01 pm

But do you classify that as politics or debating religious matters?
I would classify that as religion, simply because that's the setting and theme of it.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 pm

True but as wow resembles medieval times to a point. Also remember that back then religion ruled politics as such in stormeind the main political parties would be DoL and the chapter
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 pm

They can be kind of the same thing; or at least the lines between them are blurry, right?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Hmm yes. Something like that
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thygore Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 pm

For me concept is always the first thing, (in fact it was so even before I knew of RP itself). I get inspired by something, or just self-brainstormed on pretty much a random basis. This usually already gives me a general behaviour of the character along with race/class combos.

I then actually create the character and start playing, see what it feels like. Even with just questing I see what opinion he/she would have of things, then it's time to ask the question "Why?" a lot. If I can find answers and even like them, then yay! Got myself a new character.

If I just don't like the general feel however, then it's not a keeper.
Thygore
Thygore

Character sheet
Name: Thygore Cloudchaser
Title: Apprentice druid

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Thygore wrote:If I just don't like how it generally looks, then it's not a keeper.
This happens a lot for me. I constantly roll odd alts and try them out, but they never really stick.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thygore Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:16 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Thygore wrote:If I just don't like how it generally looks, then it's not a keeper.
This happens a lot for me. I constantly roll odd alts and try them out, but they never really stick.
You know, there is a saying in my country that goes something like: "The most proper way to test pudding is to eat it."

I believe this is exactly that case. Very Happy
Thygore
Thygore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:19 pm

....I'm totally using that. Forever.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I don't really know how i created my characters they just rolled out...

except Djego. Originally created to kill hogger as a lvl 1 in an rp raid, i made him look the most stupidly as I could.

Then I used him to see how far a completely over the top womaniser could get in the RP-elite clique. And mostly it resulted in him being characterised as a Loller by the "known" Rpers and ignored, while every oocers, I Rped with just punched him in the nuts for staring at their boobs.

Only after I announced a real rper was behind the character, the elitist rpers decided it worth to offer a reaction, proving the entire social experiment I was busy doing.

Then he tried to open up a brothel, when the council still outlawed prostitution tried to get a loan and the like, shaving on his fame as a famous monster hunter. trying to sheep random people in the street, though the spell would always fizzle..

Then he started the boy band, starting with shows like: Bear-force-one... and hit that dreanei one more time. much lols were had.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thygore Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:....I'm totally using that. Forever.
Feel free. Very Happy
Thygore
Thygore

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 pm

I usually lock myself in a stripped room for about three to four days. After the second day, I start hallucinating.. During this I usually find inspiration.

Spoiler:

Something comes up in me and I just think 'Ahhh.. Might be fun..' And I think of possible scenarios and by that judge if it's worth the effort or not. It ain't that hard.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Monrena wrote:True but as wow resembles medieval times to a point. Also remember that back then religion ruled politics as such in stormeind the main political parties would be DoL and the chapter

But lorewise the Church of Light stands without any political power in any way whatsoever so your arguement is invalid.

But yes, most races are basically unified into a single party. Maybe 2. Tauren are really only seperated in Grimtotem vs. Thunderbluff, so if you're a horde tauren you don't really have a say. Trolls are seperated from the rest of their race because Darkspear vs. Zandalari+all the rest. Blood Elves are also only the Silvermoon variety vs. Sunfury elves, of which again only one is horde alligned. Then there's goblins, their political view is always whatever view will get them the most income so they're sort of predictable, also they are all of the Bilgewater Cartel whereas the rest of the race are non-horde alligned, again leaving little choice in the matter. The Forsaken are all unified under the Lich Queen, even going as far as to suggesting that they don't even have free will anymore. Orcs have lots of clans but are in the end all bound to follow Garrosh, they do have some room for versatility though, due to their clan-based system and several of the orc clans are still with the new horde, so yeah there's that, Orcs are the most diplomatic race of the horde, who'd had thought.

As for the alliance, there's the draenei who are all bound to the prophecy of Velen, which means they are all unified under their search for the army of light to defeat the Burning Legion. Any Draenei not following this is, well, an Eredar. The Gnomes politic wise are split up between Thermaplugg and Mekkathorque which means that, as with most Horde races, all the ones not agreeing with their current ruler are evil. Then we have the dwarves, unified under the Three Hammers, which mean you have lots of different viewpoints gathered in there with the Wildhammers, Dark Irons and Bronzebeards all unified under a common banner. The Night Elves used to have the Staghelm vs. Tyrande thing going, but now that all the Staghelm supporters are with Ragnaros it again boils down to Faction Leader vs. Evil. There was, server-lorewise, the political tension between the Winterblades and Natures Grasp, but now that NG is the only active Nelf guild around (to my knowledge), that's gone aswell. The humans have the Lordaeron survivers vs. Stormwind vs. Theramore vs. Arathor vs. Gilneas, which adds a lot of diversity like with the Orcs, and have the noble caste system which gives them lots of chances to politically oppose the King. (I chose to count the Worgen as humans when it comes to politics).

All in all, from my personal view, the only three races with a political choice in Warcraft are Orcs, Humans and Dwarves. Sure there are differing viewpoints on a case by case basis, but all races except those three are all united in -one- ideology and everybody who doesn't agree with that ideology are either a minority or an enemy of the faction.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Monrena wrote:True but as wow resembles medieval times to a point. Also remember that back then religion ruled politics as such in stormeind the main political parties would be DoL and the chapter

But lorewise the Church of Light stands without any political power in any way whatsoever so your arguement is invalid.

this is true.. I was more speeking hypotheticaly Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm

No you weren't :p You were arguing that religion could be seen as political view in WoW because in the Medieval europe, religion dominated a big part of politics. That's not speaking hypothetically :p
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I was stating it could be Razz not it definatly was i dont always put my words correctly
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:No you weren't :p You were arguing that religion could be seen as political view in WoW because in the Medieval europe, religion dominated a big part of politics. That's not speaking hypothetically :p

WoW is clearly Medieval USA.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Medieval USA.
Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next