Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gladiator Themed Guild

5 posters

Go down

Gladiator Themed Guild Empty Gladiator Themed Guild

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Not sure if it has been done before but as I was watching Spartacus recently I questioned to myself, why isn't there one? There are several Arena areas around the map and it'd make for good role-play. I personally was thinking of developing this in the future but only if people took interest in the idea. The biggest issue, which I still can't think of a work around, is you can't have Gladiators that always survive every fight.

Thoughts?!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Gladiator Themed Guild Empty Re: Gladiator Themed Guild

Post by Borian Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm

I remeber.. some year back, when The Second Gurubashi Empire held an Arena event in Nagrand. Pure awesome.

And others. Well, for the horde it all makes kind of sence, since they more or less use the law of nature ( strongest survives and leads), and often want to prove who are the strongest part. But for the alliance, this would... seem, out of order. I'd more see them doing horse duels, or whatever its called as they do in the Argent Tournament. Or use orc prisoners as pieces, and place bets on them ^.^. But that's just my thoughts.
Borian
Borian

Character sheet
Name: Borian / Gohman
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 pm

I have been thinking about holding gladiator games for a long time (yes Spartacus is awesome). The thunderdome is a good place!
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Braiden wrote:I have been thinking about holding gladiator games for a long time (yes Spartacus is awesome). The thunderdome is a good place!

Have my babies.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 pm

This has existed before, we used to do few of these a less then two years ago. We pitted people against each other, heavy bets, emote & roll fights, we had a proper "system" which we used to keep the fights long and fair.

Three normal attacks has to be done successfully in a row (meaning you have to roll three times in a row and win) before you could go for an attempt on the other persons life.

For starters me and few others used our mains for these, (well, literally only a few others. Thank god I was the one to survive) But we began to start using alts or just RP another person on our main / alt character, you get the deal.

We had man vs beast fights. (Pet's the hunters controlled and emoted, was cool though) Beast vs beast fights. Slave vs slave. 2x slaves vs a more experienced gladiator / fighter. And rules on weapons differed from time to time.

But this was based in Tanaris, and involved slave-trade, people were enslaved and made to be "gladiators" (before imprisoning them, everyone was prepared to die during the fights which would go down later on), winner earns his freedom. And if he wishes to continue, he will get a percentage of his "hosts" winnings from betting.

I personally both loved and hated these since you hold the risk of getting your character killed during each match, but that was also what brought a lot of excitement and spontanious feelings to it. And once you win, you don't want to go at it again for a while, well atleast not on the same character.

I've been thinking of re-organizing these for some time, but these would be mainly for people from underground society and for rich people who bet on those fights.

I wouldn't like to see gladiator fights with the whole SW community cheering and socializing like they're in some sort of tea-party. What you usually see in similar events (Fight events, tournaments and so on) If you get what I mean.

But I'm up for bringing these back to Tanaris with other people who might be potentially interested.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down