Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth

+4
Timna
Lorainne/Bridlington
Drustai
Coppersocket
8 posters

Go down

Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth Empty Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth

Post by Coppersocket Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Evening, or Morning, or Good Day, and Merry Christmas.

Sit down and take comfort, as I shall tell you of my idea which I came up with some time ago. It is an idea, of how to advance stories in a more active manner, how to give the people more an idea of what is going on around them.

Imagine you are taking a stroll, and pass two seemingly common people... But what is this? They whisper, oh yes. They whisper of bad news. Something bad happened at the Cathedral... Someone died..?

Now, imagine if these folks talked about more things whenever you passed them by again...

-

Basicly, my idea here is that there is going to be a guild of low-level peasants, people with no significance. 'Nameless' characters (given a proper name on creation) that will fill two spots.
First, they'll be used as cannon fodder, they'll fill up certain events such as masses to make them look more directed to the citizen, rather than the would-be 'heroes'.

They'd also be 4th-walling a bit, their knowledge-base works outside what you've experienced with the character in person. They'll be fed with new rumors and and knowledge through a thread where people are allowed to post new rumors and give them details so each rumor can vary depending on who you ask. We don't want rumors to be fully accurate after all, each person has their own view and will interpret it differently, making some rumors very misleading.
These nameless characters will also be able to switch name at almost any point, and act as a 'stand-in' during cult activities and such, making the cult or whatever seem larger.
It'd be required to use some sort of RP addon to switch out names from say, Benny to "Apprentice Cultist Barney" or such.

This way we can feed other roleplayers with information they otherwise wouldn't be able to get access too, and maybe give them something to talk that's outside their own fence.
Not to mention it could also spurr some people to try root out some of the rumors, and perhaps add a twist to someone's already ongoing RP. It could possibly give people a little more dynamic experience!

- Update -
Guild name: Citizen of Azeroth

- - - Requirements!

Yeah, we have those. They're pretty simple really.

1. Needs to be an alt, these characters are people you're NOT supposed to be attached too emotionally, they're disposable trash at best, they lack proper character, are hollow. They're there as cannon fodder.
If you really want to join with your main, then I suppose that's fine too, but your character can't be anyone that really stands out among the crowd (unless some disabilities or such). It's meant for the really regular folks of Azeroth.

2. Needs to have a proper character name, we don't want "randomtrollx" as a character name despite that you'll cover it up with addons. It'll make us look bad, and that's the least we want.

3. Some sort of RP addon to change your name at will. It is essential for this, and I'd suggest TotalRP2, up to you what you use, just use one. It makes things a lot less confusing for people around you.

4. We don't pay for your food.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth Empty Re: Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth

Post by Drustai Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Make sure to keep this thread in mind.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth Empty Re: Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth Approved
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:49 pm

This sounds like a brilliant idea! It's always been horrid that nobody's ever reacted to the rumours of the Rumour Mill. Now they will! Very Happy
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Well, look at that. We'd be using the rumor mill as source then, of course.

The name for the guild in question should be very easy to understand. Something as simple as or or anything of such would probably be the best choice in this matter, as it would give a very easy way for others to understand their purpose.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Wonderful idea.. I'd be happy to help with an alt.. I'll poke you in game sometime if this works out..

Destiny
Destiny

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Blake
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:22 pm

IF it works out? We'll make it work out. I'll have Samian's fat arse sit on sit on people if we can't get enough people.

This is a very necessary thing for our community I believe, and I'm scratching my head a little over why this hasn't already been something that's been mandatory within our community.
I imagine a lot of people won't want to be on these alts a lot, and that's understandable, but it's charity work and it's actually something that's required if we want to start having a more fluent RP experience.

It gives a lot more interaction with the community around us, and that is actually something very vital.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Timna wrote:This sounds like a brilliant idea! It's always been horrid that nobody's ever reacted to the rumours of the Rumour Mill. Now they will! Very Happy

I don't live in your city, I can't react to your rumours!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Coppersocket wrote:IF it works out? We'll make it work out. I'll have Samian's fat arse sit on sit on people if we can't get enough people.

This is a very necessary thing for our community I believe, and I'm scratching my head a little over why this hasn't already been something that's been mandatory within our community.
I imagine a lot of people won't want to be on these alts a lot, and that's understandable, but it's charity work and it's actually something that's required if we want to start having a more fluent RP experience.

It gives a lot more interaction with the community around us, and that is actually something very vital.

I'll make an alt or use one of my existing characters to join you to whisper around. You should also name a few people "Town Criers", for more major 'rumours' (murders, so on).

I don't live in your city, I can't react to your rumours!
Well shit bro. Trave lives in Stormwind. Bite the dust.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm

I introduce:

Helena Brown, the quasi-cultist.
Amelia Parker, the bloated lady.
Judith Owen, the elderly maid.
Ruth Webb, the homeless tramp.
Virginia (Ginny) Foster, the kind nun.
Jane Harris, the dockworker's wife.

Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Alright I'll set up a guild in the morning, I just want people's opinion on what we should call it. Is it fine with Citizen?
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Lorainne wrote:Rumor Spreading, Citizens of Azeroth Approved
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Alright, if you got a character, or characters who you want to have thrown into the guild, whisper me in-game and I'll log over to my own so we can get signatures and all that so we can get things officially started.

Rumors, as said, will be run through the Rumor Mill and since this may need a two-man job during sessions, unless you feel like walking up to other people and tell them about the news you heard- each person's citizen alt in the guild will have the notes linking to their main's name so we can contact one another more efficiently, either that or we have a open channel for anyone to sit in.
But I imagine a few of us already have tons of channels on our list and don't want to add another.

So anyway, contact me in-game, I'll most likely be on Coppersockét during this weekend

If you can't for some reason get in touch with me in-game, just send me a PM and I'll get in touch with you in the game ASAP
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:22 am

Alright, things have been... Well, slow. Only got one single signature for the guild, meaning that nobody has shown real interest in this. I understand that mentality tho. People want to experience these things, not do it themselves as it's not as fun.

I'm partially to blame for this for not actively doing anything myself, and should get to it, it's also a question of, where do I start?

Well, where one can start is basicly anywhere, Cathedral District, or Old Town perhaps.

I feel I need someone to actively work with in-game at to do this, and in this case it'll probably be the only one who has shown interest in aiding in doing this so far, being Lorainne.
However, anyone else who also wish to join in are more than welcome to do so. This is going to need a little bit of discussion too, looking at the latest rumors of the rumor mill and... Well it's not much I can find use for.

We need more actual information about an event so we can use it to split it up and discuss between the group on how to relay the message to people.

Honestly, the information given on the rumor mill just isn't concrete and detailed enough.

I was worried this may have been the case when I saw the thread, and proved to be. So, what I would like to see that either:
1. The rumor mill gets a bit of a kick, where people are to give their rumors titles and a bit of proper overall information about a rumor- or...
2. If nessecary, creating a different thread for rumors of more importance, such as that Drustai and Delidah are wanted by the Regiment.

Without proper information, it'll be impossible for us to use it for our own purposes and giving the masses outside this forum information.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 am

ohh i think i have just the alt for this!!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down