Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azeroth, The changes of Surface

+6
Elloa
Geldar
Krogon Devilstep
Ledgic
Cathee Norris
Rmuffn
10 posters

Go down

Azeroth, The changes of Surface Empty Azeroth, The changes of Surface

Post by Rmuffn Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:11 pm

((First of all, not sure if this is the right thread, but myeh.))

This might be a desperate and useless scream out to the community. But.

I was thinking that people who run Newspapers, Councils, Guild leaders of hotshot factions could start bringing up an IC issue that OOCly / Game-mechanicly is impossible.

What I'm saying is. The Forsaken don't claim entire Lordaeron in the matter of a day, they don't build tons of camps and refortify themselves.

What I'm saying is.

Perhaps we should start pretending things are starting to stirr up in the North of the Eastern Plaguelands?
The Warsong hostilities of Ashenvale and Stonetalon P.
Etcetera. I am fully aware that some changes have yet to take place, like Garrosh bumping the throne, Evil Balrog dragon tearing the world into shreds and such.

But realisticly.. They won't build all that in the matter of a week and all such. Heck, Southshore is ransacked with the 'new' plague.

Would just be a nice thing to see the developement on the IC part, rather than;

1. "HUH? When did that get here?!"
2. "Yeah we knew it was there all the time, we only just said it is because we can actually touch it now."

Y'know what I'm sayin'?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Azeroth, The changes of Surface Empty Re: Azeroth, The changes of Surface

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Although it makes sense, I think it is a bit hard to take on all that just yet. Cause I'm not sure any of us know what Blizzard had planned yet? I heard rumors about that Cataclysm would IC take place one or more years after the Lich Kings fall, which would explain the change from one day to the other (which would ICly be a progress of years).

Even so, at least I know in Stormwind we've began taking into consideration reconstructions of the City (as that was one of the meeting-visitors plot once, being an architect who wanted to change the City). But yeah, I personally think its probably best to wait a bit and see Blizzards plan.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Not so sure really. It makes sense to take some advantage of it, even if it's all a year after wrath there's still the starts of wars and all sorts we could partake in.

Maybe wait a little while for some more confirmations, but we've got enough screenies to go by for some events at least.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Don't get me wrong, but aint Cataclysm -the- plan?
Most of those projects takes a long time, so if its only one year. Things should've started to happen already now.

Atleast the Forsaken control of Silverpine-Hillsbrad and tiptoeing in Arathi!
Rumours and the likes surely could be brought up atleast a tad bit.

But I suppose a waiting is fine too.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm not proposing we wait ages, I'm just saying we'll get more details in the coming weeks because of the release date. Soo.. with any luck we'll have more to go on than we currently do.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:42 pm

i was wondering when someone would raise this subject...

with the combination of phasing across quest lines, flying mounts in the old world -AND- the in mass changing of hands of towns/territories, it makes for some daunting problems in regards to time lines and plots.

i'l go with the most obvious area it effects. World-Rp-PVP... its a doozey, and with places like silverpine and hillsbrad being over-run by the forsaken, its gonna be much much... MUCH harder for say alliance, to waltz into and "claim" a region after a skirmish. No friendly towns, and surrounded by visual reminders of the onslaught of the Forsaken NPC's, its hard to argue with.

from both an IC and ooc perspective, due to the small amount of dedicated forsaken RP'ers and the massively overwhelming amount of alliance who want to 'purge' them, you'd think all the way to the undercity would be reclaimed in server lore. despite this, IC... Sylvanas hands the alliance its backside on a silver platter with the coming expansion, and to that end a great deal of Server 'lore' has to bend to this change too.

and how fast does this occur? instantly? over a few days? weeks? ...my recomendation is to take it as it was intended. It's a game, so really i wouldnt try not to think about it. theres no real way of saying "oh my, the orc's havent marched into ashenvale yet" ...when wyvern raides are swarming over the top of astranaar and dropping bombs on you... or trying to force haf a dozen forsaken RP'ers to commit to a series of gargantuan events they couldnt cope with prior to Cata's launch.

though i do agree, some preperations could be made. but the fact of the matter is, not all party's and factions are capable of simply acting out the parts required Six forsaken cannot truelly ever overwhelm a 40 man raid of over eager paladins... much like twenty Red blade orc's couldnt simply pretend to be warsong and start chopping wood.

Personaly, i think i'm going to prepare for the small things, and simply let "The Cataclysm!" happen on release day.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Yeah, I am also interested about some of these changes and for what time they`ve been building them up and how. Forsaken do not take Soutshore and build up on it for a day, neither Alliance bliztkrieg The Barrens for a day aswell, so yeah <<
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Well, we can start to introduce the known element in some Rp event. Lightly...
To ammorce the change.

But then those who don't care about beeing spoiled should work on that. For my part, I've not read so much about Cataclysm Lore, because I want to keep the surprise !! Wink
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Krogon wrote:i was wondering when someone would raise this subject...

with the combination of phasing across quest lines, flying mounts in the old world -AND- the in mass changing of hands of towns/territories, it makes for some daunting problems in regards to time lines and plots.

i'l go with the most obvious area it effects. World-Rp-PVP... its a doozey, and with places like silverpine and hillsbrad being over-run by the forsaken, its gonna be much much... MUCH harder for say alliance, to waltz into and "claim" a region after a skirmish. No friendly towns, and surrounded by visual reminders of the onslaught of the Forsaken NPC's, its hard to argue with.

from both an IC and ooc perspective, due to the small amount of dedicated forsaken RP'ers and the massively overwhelming amount of alliance who want to 'purge' them, you'd think all the way to the undercity would be reclaimed in server lore. despite this, IC... Sylvanas hands the alliance its backside on a silver platter with the coming expansion, and to that end a great deal of Server 'lore' has to bend to this change too.

and how fast does this occur? instantly? over a few days? weeks? ...my recomendation is to take it as it was intended. It's a game, so really i wouldnt try not to think about it. theres no real way of saying "oh my, the orc's havent marched into ashenvale yet" ...when wyvern raides are swarming over the top of astranaar and dropping bombs on you... or trying to force haf a dozen forsaken RP'ers to commit to a series of gargantuan events they couldnt cope with prior to Cata's launch.

though i do agree, some preperations could be made. but the fact of the matter is, not all party's and factions are capable of simply acting out the parts required Six forsaken cannot truelly ever overwhelm a 40 man raid of over eager paladins... much like twenty Red blade orc's couldnt simply pretend to be warsong and start chopping wood.

Personaly, i think i'm going to prepare for the small things, and simply let "The Cataclysm!" happen on release day.

I didn't say WPvP had to take place. It can be as simple as Ironforge discussing the sudden threat of Forsaken closing in on their borders.
The SW Council discussing their losses in North, Hillsbrad Town claimed by Forsaken, Southshore bombed by plague.

Or a newspaper bringing it up. No need to force parts into pvp and such. The outcome is already decided anyway. Sylvanas gets her cake.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Year gap.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Angie wrote:
Krogon wrote:i was wondering when someone would raise this subject...

I didn't say WPvP had to take place. It can be as simple as Ironforge discussing the sudden threat of Forsaken closing in on their borders.
The SW Council discussing their losses in North, Hillsbrad Town claimed by Forsaken, Southshore bombed by plague.

Or a newspaper bringing it up. No need to force parts into pvp and such. The outcome is already decided anyway. Sylvanas gets her cake.

OHHh... you wanted to sit around tables and yap.

shure.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Geldar wrote:Yeah, I am also interested about some of these changes and for what time they`ve been building them up and how. Forsaken do not take Soutshore and build up on it for a day, neither Alliance bliztkrieg The Barrens for a day aswell, so yeah <<

Actually we do. Atleast the 'take' part, building up on it will only begin within many decades according to the Quest.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm not sure what time gap it will be. But I know that the patch tomorrow is just the first out of three in preparation for Cataclysm.

This gives looks.
Next gives risen cultist movement, and such.
Third gives the world changes.
Then comes cataclysm.

As for the changes of the world?
They've been happening through out the years the game has been out. Just not on RP servers as each has it's own server lore. But had non of that happened and one just had folloed quest lines and that quite much of it does make sense.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:38 pm

The lich king encounter was unlocked (and thus his defeat) almost a year prior to when Cata is going to be released, so this "year gap" is a few months at the most.

... Have we been raiding ICC for nearly a year now? Egads :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:49 pm

I agree, lorewise, a year passed. War is constant on Azeroth and it brings swift changes (Plus the sudden Deathwing stuff). So RP should go along with the lore, not like "This didnt happened RPwise yet, so we will ignore the in-game changes"

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down