Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-RP] Legion's Hand

+20
Hermie
Kettin
Tuomas/Decurius
Ara
Thelos
Morinth
Lexgrad
erwtenpeller
Skarain
Lyniath
Eavya Morninglight
Gilran
Yarnaat
corleth
Rmuffn
Timna
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Morgaan
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Velynia
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[A-RP] Legion's Hand - Page 3 Empty Re: [A-RP] Legion's Hand

Post by Kettin Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Come on people join on up. *Foams at the mouth* We offer bliss! Great guild joined up last night and that alone was great fun.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Join now, and be spared an eternity of torment at the coming of the Legion!

We also offer good dental insurance.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:29 am

Due to me growing immensely tired of Roleplaying Velynia and running the Guild, it becoming more like a chore than anything enjoyable, and after much internal deliberation, I have handed over the Guild to Grenier, after I arranged Velynia's death IC.

I will no longer be in any way affiliated with Legion's Hand, so if you -are- interested, I suggest you contact Grenier, whom will be leading the Guild for the foreseeable future.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Sad to hear this Sad I should have been more active here...now i feel bloody bad.....Sad
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Velynia wrote:Due to me growing immensely tired of Roleplaying Velynia and running the Guild, it becoming more like a chore than anything enjoyable, and after much internal deliberation, I have handed over the Guild to Grenier, after I arranged Velynia's death IC.

I will no longer be in any way affiliated with Legion's Hand, so if you -are- interested, I suggest you contact Grenier, whom will be leading the Guild for the foreseeable future.

Noooooo!

[A-RP] Legion's Hand - Page 3 The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Hey! Calm down. The Guild is not dead yet. Firstly, I want to thank Velynia for the trust granted, and hereby I say that I won't give up on this at all. As stated by JP in another thread, there's not much evil RP going around lately, and I hope that, with all of those who want to join or already joined coud make this go well, and create good rp, even not the classical Good Vs. Evil thing.

So, we're recruting, contact me on any of my chars(I'm almost every evening on Tuomas, at the moment, but it's not a problem, a way is easy feasible)and we can organize the thing. Being Grenier a person radically different from Velynia, there will be of course some IC things different in the leadership, but for that, and for organize better the guild, I'd really like to listen to other people's opinions, as well as ideas, and of course with all the members already in the guild.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:56 am

IC:
"Days, weeks, months have passed, but at last the Hand returns from Gilneas. Enlightened from past events and the events that happened recently, we seek new Members, Friends and Alliances alike. Our minds are focused, our goals clear and our eyes filled with the fire of our souls.
We shall not turn away anyone who shares our goals and wish to reach true potential, we will allow you to not hide in the shadows but step out as equals. For we all are The new Legion and those who join us shall be the Hands that change the world."

OOC:
All races/classes are welcome to join, druids and holy men will not be turned away if they share our views as they are most just (At least compared to the other factions Wink ). We will focus on Regaining our power hold, specifically in Westfall and later on Stormwind. We welcome you with Fun filled Rp (In a non-gankable zone), while also showering you with various magic. This doesn't mean mage and locks should be the most in numbers, from Assassins to hot Women with big Hammers our goal is to make it variable rp, with a touch of humor and magic arts.

In a Guild? Do not fear is you wish to join you can pledge a IC allegiance, since we will make a Chat Channel - Though preferred if you at least would have a alt in the guild so planing and such would be more easy.

Feel free to contact me ( Dotwolf ) Or Our leader ( Grenier ) in-game or just post here.

Goals in rp:
-Teach magic, from fire to illusion to healing with shadow
-Enchanting weapons and creating scrolls and potions
-Creating a newfound power in Westfall
-Taking safer and also dangerous new paths
(Less corrupted paths/In the future possibly Fel and even Chaos)
-Exacting our revenge against those who have angered us
-Strengthening our Order while creating Chaos in Sw.
-

Finally a idea that came to mind with great potential:
The Death Squad - Simply put alts that can die once a month (still a idea in progress) if needed to and remade/change name/etc and go back to the normal rp use until they are summoned again to die in glorious battle.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 pm

siegmund wrote:healing with shadow
I hope that's not as literal as it appears at first sight.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:02 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:

It's more commonly known as Necromancy.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Thelos wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:

I suppose we shouldn't start a discussion on this in a guild treat, so this'll be the last thing I post on it.

Spoiler:
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Actually, Necromancy is the arts of using non-divine magic to manipulate the life energy of your target, which is also how you raise dead with it. It's not actual healing, but sort of substituting life energy with magic energies to mimic it. To raise the dead you plant a artificial sense of life within the body which then causes the body to spring to life.

Likening it to a druid summoning fireballs is wrong though, since necromancy is all within one school of magic while druids use nature magic and are thus incapable of conjuring arcane spells. Nightmare weaving also is either an arcane thing(so not for pallies) or, if a divine thing like shadow priests and such, something that goes against the faith of paladins, meaning they wouldn't be able to be paladins and do it anyways.

I don't have any sources to back this up but I imagine that's why Death Coil could always heal undeath while Holy Light damaged it. I figure those two energies are sort of interchangable so you can sustain life through necromancy if you were willing to settle for "impure" life.

Last edited by Ixirar/Kavalis on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Actually, Necromancy is the arts of using non-divine magic to manipulate the life energy of your target, which is also how you raise dead with it.
That's what people who over-think things would like it to be. But in the end necromancy just boils down to "Being an evil git that raises dead things". There's a plethora of different takes on the concept, but that is what is at it's core.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Yep. Gotta go with the simple version. No room for creativity to enhance our roleplay. Not on this server. Nope.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:37 pm

yes i might have not phrased it correctly as you don't actually "Heal" with it as it is with The light. Still nothing has been put in motion yet, those are the general ideas of what might be in store.

And Evil and Good is not a real concept, since you don't need to be evil to wield Shadow or be good to wield Light or in some cases you don't even have to be alive (Scarlet crusade, Forsaken priests)

Personally i think you need at least some creativity it's like saying a year passes and no technological advances or in magic?
Of course it needs to make sense though that i understand.

Last edited by siegmund on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Forsaken priests are lore-wise purely limited to shadow priests. Scarlet Crusaders are following what they believe is a just and pure cause and thus they can wield the light.

Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Thelos wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:

Or shadow mending?

Well you can drain the energy from plants and stuff to heal.

Last edited by Skarain on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote: Scarlet Crusaders are following what they believe is a just and pure cause and thus they can wield the light.

Wanted to write this, but i'd kind of be happy if we'd discuss something else, since i didn't make my post for discussing shadow and light.

Still appreciate the feedback anyway.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Taking the simple approach can enrich roleplay just as much as taking the incredibly complicated "hey guys, roleplay is a science!" approach. Crafting a set of additional rules that where never intended to be there does not open you to creativity, in my experience.

It all depends on your characters perspective. cataloging and defining magic as described above is typical behavior of humans and elves (the pinkie ones). But do you think magic works the same way for some weird-ass trolls who dance around a fire chanting to some random animal diety? Dudes, we roleplay in a world where spear-wielding fish-men that make gurgling noises when you get near them and swarm your low-level dude into submission use "light spells" too. In a world where anything can happen, your best bet is to not over-complicate things.

Besides, I think playing "an evil git that raises dead things" is hard enough. You can do this in a million interesting untold ways without over-thinking how the magic behind it works, instead think about your character, how it got where it is, how it got to use these magicks and the toll it is having it it's existance. And get all of that to be in spirit of the wow lore, and not end up with an incredibly annoying whiney-pants like they usually end up in the hands of blizzard and WHAMMO, SUCCESS!

...But I think I'm drifting off. We where talking about "healing with shadow" yes?
I would say that shadow energies won't be doing any healing for you, but you can probably come up with a way to trick it into doing something that will have some beneficial effect in the long run, or through a detour.

*cough* I was never here. To the shadows!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Actually, Necromancy is the arts of using non-divine magic to manipulate the life energy of your target, which is also how you raise dead with it. It's not actual healing, but sort of substituting life energy with magic energies to mimic it. To raise the dead you plant a artificial sense of life within the body which then causes the body to spring to life.

No, necromancy does manipulate actual life energy. It doesn't simply 'mimic' it. The thing is, it manipulates it through shadow. Healing through shadow requires draining life from one thing in order to transfer it into another. All shadow healing spells (of which there are several in-game) always require one target to take damage in order for another to regain health. Due to this, it is quite likely that the life energy will be 'tainted', yes, as it had to be stolen via shadow energy in order to be fed to another being.

The only 'proper' non-divine healers would be nature magi. Nature magi are very rare, though. They're functionally similar to druids, except use arcane methods instead of divine methods to manipulate life.

Anyway, to clear this up:

Shadow energy will not heal a living being. You never ever want to infuse shadow energy into a living being. It is innately destructive and will seriously harm them in some fashion. All 'shadow healing' spells involve draining life energy from one object and infusing it into another. If you use a shadow healing spell to heal another, you'd drain your own life, or the life of things around you, in order to heal your target. The reverse if healing yourself.

It is the life energy that will actually do the healing. Shadow is simply used to 'steal' it from something else--harming one person in order to heal another.

*edit*

Also:

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Forsaken priests are lore-wise purely limited to shadow priests.

Negative, there are holy Forsaken priests in lore. It is specifically confirmed by the devs that the Forsaken can wield the Light if they have enough faith.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Alright. The necromancy thing was my personal take on it and I have no sources to back it up, as I mentioned in my post, and it was merely my interpretation of how for example Death Coil heals undead by infusing them with the shadow energy.

Also about the Forsaken priests, alright, I missed that too, but it does confirm my point that divine magic is based on your faith and that in order for the Forsaken to wield holy magic they need to have kept their faith in the light.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:03 pm

*khem* Anyone else wants to talk out their theories and lore or anyone that wants to join the Hands cause?

Last edited by siegmund on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Sorry Siegmund! Death to the enemies of the Legion! Wooh!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 am

This is back.

Whisper Thurakof or Vitalian for further information and a new recruitment thread will be up as well, sometime eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 am

I see this guild has changed hands again.

Good, I always loved this guild name! Best of luck to the new leadership!

Last edited by Paozi on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 am

As a veteran legionite I support more legionites! We will bathe this world in FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3